Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #976
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Also, no those 2 deals were not "more than fair" not even close. Nor was the Gortat/Hayward/Gee for Horford/Paul George deal, even though i'm sure you spun it to say that Gortat will get better and reach his last season averages, Hayward is trending upwards and that Gee is just an awesome throw in. Not hating on you, just stating the facts. You and FC operate, reason, and make deals in such a similar fashion which is probably the reason for the clash.

Just don't be the guy that brings up a trade way later on and ignores what was actually happening at the time. We have too many of those GMs. Case in point the deal you mentioned. Gortat actually couldn't have been playing any better, and George and horford any worse. That's why it was done. Just saying.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #977
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

I'm not actually sure what you're definition of "couldn't be playing any better" is. but I looked up his last 10 games prior to the time you made that trade (Nov.25)
11/7 23/10/2/7/1
11/9 12/8/5/3
11/101/8/1/1
11/1212/11/2/2/1
11/1411/8/1
11/166/8/1/2/1
11/174/6/0/1/2
11/2122/7/1/1
11/236/5/1
11/2518/7/2/1

Which averages out to 11.5ppg (52.8%FG), 7.8rpg, 2bpg, 1.6apg, 1.1spg

Which is not exactly stellar to me. Not equaling his output from last year nor was it even his best month this year. So yeah I beg to differ on the "couldn't be better" statement. That's just another spin. Gamesmanship as you like to call it.

About the comment that Paul George "couldn't have been playing worse" well I was gonna post all those numbers too but anyone can look at them and see that was a flat out lie. Danny Granger had just gone out with his injury that month and Paul George was showing signs that he was primed to step into that role.

You even said this at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
TRADE MADE

Rapsfan: Marcin Gortat, Gordon Hayward and Alonzo Gee

Funk: Al Horford, Paul George

Funk really wanted Gortat and needed depth badly. I was willing to move Gortat if I got an upgrade over Hayward. Gee not a flashy name, but a very solid fantasy player. Hayward not going to come off the bench forever and was playing well outside of a few games, another sneaky fantasy player.

I'm hoping Horford creeps back to career FT% and George continues his current play.

Unless i'm just mistaken and you were saying I hope he continues to play horribly. And Horford's numbers were SOLID as well, as you said other than FT% but he was only taking 3/game anyways. But definitely not the "couldn't be any worse" you claim.

Like I always say, everyone is entitled to their own opinions but don't post things that can easily be proven false.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #978
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Jeez man. You are hardcore. This league loves bringing back the quotes.

At any rate, when Funk was targeting Gortat, he was playing great. We went back and forth for a long time. I think Gortat was early on ranked in the top 10. Horforf was a disaster and perhaps I meant George wasn't playing out of his mind like he is now. Funk also had a bunch of droppable guys so he was after depth at the time. People were pretty high on Hayward. Hasn't worked out as expected. I've already said I crushed Funk on that deal, but my point is circumstances at that time, right or wrong, factor in. It wasn't done as a keeper deal by Funk, it was early. You'd have to ask him about it.

I don't know why we are talking about that deal. Your comment was that my proposed rule changes somehow help me. I'm missing the link. The post you quoted gave reasons for that deal.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #979
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Proven wrong and now stumbling and backtracking. Alright, anyways. Those were 2 seperate topics of conversation. They weren't related, you just want to dismiss the one that was most obviously in the wrong. I can understand that, we don't have to talk about it anymore. The point was already proven and I think people can see that for themselves.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #980
RapsFan
Great college starter

I don't know what you have proven. But take the victory and notch it to your belt. Congrats! Now, I'm more interested in tweaking the league to make it better.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #981
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I don't know what you have proven. But take the victory and notch it to your belt. Congrats! Now, I'm more interested in tweaking the league to make it better.
If when you say "make it better", you mean "win it again"... just forget about it
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #982
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

A "victory" would be a league where the commish is a silent hand promoting fairness and equal opportunity for each participant to win, that's all. In fact, that would be a victory to all of us. Some flaws in that have created an obvious problem that needs to be addressed.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #983
RapsFan
Great college starter

Anyone who thinks I am doing a poor job is welcome to leave. It won't hurt my feelings.

Beast - if you don't think I am doing exactly what your first scentence says then I don't know what else I can do.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #984
RapsFan
Great college starter

For the record, here are the changes I am proposing and why.

1. 3 keepers

Been discussed at great lengths. Many people have complained about the talend in the pool. 52 keepers is a lot. Logical to reduce to 3. Puts less emphasis on keepers and more on the re draft. More trades to improve this year vs always for the future.

2. Bottom 3 GMs on possible demotion list

Hopefully avoid GMs tanking so early in the year. Fight to not be in bottom 3. Same as 1, more trades to improve this year.

3. Keep 1st rounders once instead of twice as per current system

Same rule for every round. Hopefully leads to some top guys being redrafted more often. Could even have an earlier trade deadline for first rounders.

Again if somehow these rules are benefiting me alone and not addressing a number of the GMs issues with the league, then please let me know.

As has been discussed many times, any rule that pre determines draft slot with our keeper format doesn't really work if looked at logically (is my opinion).
Old 01-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #985
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Actually, all I was saying was that maybe more than a few minor tweaks need to be made and that it wouldn't hurt to be more open to suggestion. I wonder how many more active participants you are going to request to leave due to wanting to rule with an iron fist.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #986
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Anyone who thinks I am doing a poor job is welcome to leave. It won't hurt my feelings.
You are doing fine. It's difficult to be a contender and commissioner at the same time. We wouldn't have this issue if commish's team were "losingisahabit"

Quote:
1. 3 keepers
2. Bottom 3 GMs on possible demotion list3.
3. Keep 1st rounders once instead of twice as per current system
1.It seems Brwnman was right.
2.Fine.
3.No preference. I don't like the trade deadline though.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #987
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
1.It seems Brwnman was right.
Brwnman's actual rule suggestion was a fair one. The only questionable part was the trade he made with you.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #988
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Brwnman's actual rule suggestion was a fair one. The only questionable part was the trade he made with you.
Brwnman was right when he said that the 3-keepers rule is still being debated.

To be honest, I always thought that Cousins for Nene was questionable. I gladly accepted the trade to be reversed.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #989
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Actually, all I was saying was that maybe more than a few minor tweaks need to be made and that it wouldn't hurt to be more open to suggestion. I wonder how many more active participants you are going to request to leave due to wanting to rule with an iron fist.

I am not asking anyone to leave. Just stating the obvious that if they aren't happy with the league or my being commissioner, they are welcome to leave, something you've stated a few times with brwnman.

The league is in its 6th season, with a very high % of GM retention. We've made minor adjustments along the way in attempts to get as perfect a league as possible. This is no different. Some rules basically require a full league reset, which I don't think is necessary. All of a sudden saying no keepers in the top X rounds requires a reset as guys have built their teams a certain way. I don't think it's fair for FC to lose Durant, or bokes to lose CP, NoHandles to lose Lebron, if they have made deals to acquire them. Basically any rule change the impacts half the league negatively vs the other is a bad rule change. Maybe bad is the wrong word, but doesn't logistically make sense. If we all are impacted the same, it's doable.

I think the rule changes I'm suggesting isn't ruling with an iron fist....as they are all based on suggestions, complaints, comments made by league GMs over more then just the past month you've been in the pool.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #990
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm just hoping that the majority of those things being thrown out there right now (minus of course the waiver thing) will not be put into effect next season since those ones are being discussed mid season.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: