Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #31
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Metta World Peace: "We definitely want to beat the Bulls record and go 73-9"

Howard has a bad back and their starting five is like 200 years old. The Lakers wonīt have homecourt in the West or NBA finals, but they donīt necessarily need it. They need to be 100% come play-off time. I doubt any team willl ever win 72 games again unless the first 55 wins come very easy. Thatīs just not something you plan for, when the goal is to peak in the play-offs and win the title.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #32
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Metta World Peace: "We definitely want to beat the Bulls record and go 73-9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
Not to mention Pippen is better than Dwight... Even if you say Dwight is an all time great defender (which he is), Pippen is at minimum top 5, and I don't see Dwight that far up there considering the "competition" he has faced at the "center" position in his career.

Dwight Howard is a better defender than Pippen or Jordan ever were, and it's not all that close. To say otherwise, would be to downplay just how much more valuable a defensive center is than a defensive guard.
DatAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #33
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

sadly, in order for the Lakers to do that, they need to get rid of Artest garbage ass
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:56 PM   #34
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
Not to mention Pippen is better than Dwight... Even if you say Dwight is an all time great defender (which he is), Pippen is at minimum top 5, and I don't see Dwight that far up there considering the "competition" he has faced at the "center" position in his career.

I hope you mean top 5 perimeter defender ever because if you combine perimeter defenders and frontcourt defenders Pippen isn't top 5 all-time.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #35
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They have the talent to do so if they get hot out the gates and stay focused.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #36
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Metta World Peace: "We definitely want to beat the Bulls record and go 73-9"

JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #37
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic

Quality trampoline.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #38
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Quality trampoline.

Quality athlete.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #39
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

I wonder what other idiot said something prematurely before playing "even one game"....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-I8jQDQ7c
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #40
NUPE_1911
I brick open layups

NUPE_1911 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
Jordan never played with anyone as dominant as Dwight so it should be possible.

Pippen is a better player and had a bigger effect on games than Dwight.
NUPE_1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #41
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Didn't he also make big guarantees the last two years when the Lakers were out early in the playoffs? Not going to happen. What people don't seem to value around here is chemistry and experience as a UNIT. The Bulls had multiple years together as a core and had won titles BEFORE the 72 win season.

The Lakers have a newly constructed roster in comparison with two of their top four being new to the team. 60-65 wins would be a great achievement considering this is their first year together, and that's far more realistic of an expectation.

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 09-17-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:19 PM   #42
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
Pippen > Howard, Nash, Gasol, MWP
fixed
KOBE143 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #43
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
Pippen > Gasol, Howard, Kobe, MWP

FTFY
The only current Laker greater than Pippen is Nash.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #44
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm just trying to figure out why something MWP said warrants this much discussion. Having said that, it's good to go into camp with a big attitude and high goals. More teams and players should have this type of attitude
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #45
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

good luck with that homie
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: