Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2007, 05:00 PM   #46
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,051
Default Re: Would you trade Lebron for Nash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
**** I wouldn't even trade Bron for Oscar, ESPECIALLY if Oscar was 30 years old.

this is unbelievable.


excuse me who told you you could talk?


because Lebron is much better player than Nash. that ain't enough? let me break it down:

if you take Nash out of the equation everything about the suns changes. you can no longer base your offense around one guy zipping around the court firing pinpoint passes to shooters and dunkers. you can no longer, really, have a fastpaced PG intensive team.

Mike Dantoni is not a moron. he's smarter than you. he knows that if you take Nash out of the equation and replace him with the REAL MVP, who is a high post player, that the offensive scheme of the Suns will change. they'll still run of course. but in the halfcourt their offense will be based on getting Bron the ball in the high post.

HISTORICALLY, teams that base their offenses 15 feet away from the basket are more successful than teams that base their offense in the hands of a point guard. because PGs have to work harder for their points and the teammates have to work harder to get open.

what the Suns would do is this:

PG Barbosa
SG Bell
SF Bron
PF Marion
C Stoudemire

this team would feature Bron in a distributive role. Barbosa has handles so he can bring the ball up but it's immediately given to Bron, who is nearly as good at scoring as Nash and will look to hit one of the three point shooters or get the ball in scoring position to Marion and Stoudemire, just like Nash does. only it will be in a more controlled halfcourt setting and you'd have the added benefit of Bron's unstoppable scoring ability.

now that we've proven that the Suns would be a better team, ESPECIALLY as far as the playoffs are concerned, with Bron over Nash, let's explore the other reason Suns rape this trade:

Steve Nash is old. he doesn't have a ton of time left. once Nash gets old the Suns are finished especially since they passed up Marcus Willliams in the draft. Bron is what 22? the Suns don't lose any passing ability, they gain top 3 scoring ability and a high post option who puts more individual pressure on the defense, and he's 8 or so years younger.

oh yeah. and want Bron to take on a pure scorer's role? put in Diaw.

Barbosa
Bron
Diaw
Marion
Stoudemire

whose stopping that team? more importantly, whose stopping that team in the PLAYOFFS?

What he said.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:10 PM   #47
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,121
Default Re: Would you trade Lebron for Nash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
excuse me who told you you could talk?
that's such a lazy answer. so now the king has to give permission to people so they can respond to him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
because Lebron is much better player than Nash. that ain't enough? let me break it down:


what the Suns would do is this:

PG Barbosa
SG Bell
SF Bron
PF Marion
C Stoudemire

[B
this team would feature Bron in a distributive role.[/b] Barbosa has handles so he can bring the ball up but it's immediately given to Bron, who is nearly as good at scoring as Nash and will look to hit one of the three point shooters or get the ball in scoring position to Marion and Stoudemire, just like Nash does. only it will be in a more controlled halfcourt setting and you'd have the added benefit of Bron's unstoppable scoring ability.

now that we've proven that the Suns would be a better team, ESPECIALLY as far as the playoffs are concerned, with Bron over Nash, let's explore the other reason Suns rape this trade:



oh yeah. and want Bron to take on a pure scorer's role? put in Diaw.

Barbosa
Bron
Diaw
Marion
Stoudemire

whose stopping that team? more importantly, whose stopping that team in the PLAYOFFS?

How can a team with Bron and Stoudemire be cohesive?? It just wouldn't work. And Lebron being unstoppable beast in the paint wouldn't work either. You're not taking into account that Lebron is most unstoppable when he's in the lane, and so is Amare... So either Lebron would have to change his game to a perimeter game or else Amare would no longer be a factor..
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:14 PM   #48
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,051
Default Re: Would you trade Lebron for Nash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
that's such a lazy answer. so now the king has to give permission to people so they can respond to him?


How can a team with Bron and Stoudemire be cohesive?? It just wouldn't work. And Lebron being unstoppable beast in the paint wouldn't work either. You're not taking into account that Lebron is most unstoppable when he's in the lane, and so is Amare... So either Lebron would have to change his game to a perimeter game or else Amare would no longer be a factor..
LeBron would draw defenders to him when he drove to the basket (if he didn't, it is an easy layup). Amare would be there to clean it up if it was a miss or Bron could just toss it up to him for an easy dunk. As a matter of fact, I think Bron and Amare could work very well off of each other.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:16 PM   #49
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™
 
geeWiz15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: limbo
Posts: 5,765
Default Re: Would you trade Lebron for Nash?

Quote:
How can a team with Bron and Stoudemire be cohesive?? It just wouldn't work.
if you say so.

Quote:
And Lebron being unstoppable beast in the paint wouldn't work either.
really! ok.

let's list off every single pairing in the NBA that's never happened and never will happen and say it wouldn't work. we can't be proven wrong! logic be damned.

Quote:
You're not taking into account that Lebron is most unstoppable when he's in the lane, and so is Amare...
and youre not taking into account that both players are automatic from 18 feet and that Bron can do more than just dunk.

technically EVERY player is most unstoppable when they're in the paint so..

Quote:
that's such a lazy answer. so now the king has to give permission to people so they can respond to him?
from now on, yeah. just him though.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:19 PM   #50
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star
 
ExpatSunsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 691
Default Re: Would you trade Lebron for Nash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Greg Oden is no LeBron James and Tim Duncan is vastly superior to Nash.

Bad analogy.
I suggest you take it up with the 2007 MVP runner-up, Kevin Durant.




P.S. You might want to try cropping the part that doesn't apply when you quote somebody. It's not that difficult.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:23 PM   #51
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,121
Default Re: Would you trade Lebron for Nash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
:
and youre not taking into account that both players are automatic from 18 feet and that Bron can do more than just dunk.

technically EVERY player is most unstoppable when they're in the paint so..


from now on, yeah. just him though.


Ok... I know that Amare has improved his midrange game, but to say that he's automatic from 18 feet is a tad bit of an exaggeration, wouldn't you say??
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:23 PM   #52
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star
 
ExpatSunsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 691
Default Re: Would you trade Lebron for Nash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
whose stopping that team?
Nobody--they'd be awesome.


They might even win 31 of 33 at some point.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:26 PM   #53
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™
 
geeWiz15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: limbo
Posts: 5,765
Default Re: Would you trade Lebron for Nash?

Quote:
Ok... I know that Amare has improved his midrange game, but to say that he's automatic from 18 feet is a tad bit of an exaggeration, wouldn't you say??
playing around with connotations doesn't change the fact that the original statement is invalid. to say that Bron, a player of infinite offensive ability, and Amare, the best finishing secondary player in basketball, wouldn't get along, is ridiculous.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:30 PM   #54
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,121
Default Re: Would you trade Lebron for Nash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
playing around with connotations doesn't change the fact that the original statement is invalid. to say that Bron, a player of infinite offensive ability, and Amare, the best finishing secondary player in basketball, wouldn't get along, is ridiculous.

I'm not saying they wouldn't get along. I'm sure they'd have a ball (no pun intended). But the fact of the matter is, Amare is happy unless he gets touches... and lots of them. Lebron would definitely have the ability to completely change his game and become primarily a passer, but would he really want to?
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #55
TheHonestTruth
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 907
Default Re: Would you trade Lebron for Nash?

Absolutely yes. If I have Jordan, Bird and Magic in my team, I'll trade all of them for Steve Nash, straight up.
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:37 PM   #56
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™
 
geeWiz15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: limbo
Posts: 5,765
Default Re: Would you trade Lebron for Nash?

Quote:
But the fact of the matter is, Amare is happy unless he gets touches... and lots of them. Lebron would definitely have the ability to completely change his game and become primarily a passer, but would he really want to?
Steve Nash dominate the ball like no other player in the game. balls in his hands 24/7 unless somebody is dunking or shooting a 3. touches isn't what Amare wants. what Amare wants is shots. Bron being primarily a passer wouldn't be that big a change from what he is now. it seems when you watch the Cavs that he's being forced to be exclusively a scorer these days. his problem is that he doesn't have anyone to pass to. no shooters, no finisheres on his team so he's got to do everything himself. I think having guys like Amare on his team would be seen as a blessing not an inconvenience.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:38 PM   #57
lakers-city
Good college starter
 
lakers-city's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,069
Default Re: Would you trade Lebron for Nash?

since when can lebron even carry jordan, magic or larry's jocks ?
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:44 PM   #58
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,121
Default Re: Would you trade Lebron for Nash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Steve Nash dominate the ball like no other player in the game. balls in his hands 24/7 unless somebody is dunking or shooting a 3. touches isn't what Amare wants. what Amare wants is shots. Bron being primarily a passer wouldn't be that big a change from what he is now. it seems when you watch the Cavs that he's being forced to be exclusively a scorer these days. his problem is that he doesn't have anyone to pass to. no shooters, no finisheres on his team so he's got to do everything himself. I think having guys like Amare on his team would be seen as a blessing not an inconvenience.

ok. point taken

However, my main point is that ALL of the Suns player are scorers and need touches.. So therefore, Lebron would have to down his own scoring to around what Nash averages, 20 a game... And the thing about Nash's 20, is that he's so damn accurate. He doesn't need a lot of shots, but he makes more than 50%..

Sure Lebron COULD make the team better. Most definitely.. And if he wouldn't mind dropping 10 points off his average or so, then yes. perfect fit.

But if we're talking about what Lebron needs, it's a good 2nd option, not a 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc.. he likes to pass but lets remember he's NOT a point guard.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:40 PM   #59
TheHonestTruth
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 907
Default Re: Would you trade Lebron for Nash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHonestTruth
Absolutely yes. If I have Jordan, Bird and Magic in my team, I'll trade all of them for Steve Nash, straight up.

And I'll throw in LeBron and KG for free as well.
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #60
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!
 
SilkkTheShocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,786
Default Re: Would you trade Lebron for Nash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets
yeah, sure lebron is gonna run the best offense in the league as well as nash does

SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy