Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-26-2007, 01:21 PM   #16
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Greg Paulus: The next great pure PG?

Greg Paulus: The next Steve Wojohowski?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:23 PM   #17
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo
Greg Paulus = Steve Wojciechowski.

Wojo is better than Paulus. Paulus should've stuck with football. He'd have a better chance of making the pros in that sport.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:25 PM   #18
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Wojo is better than Paulus. Paulus should've stuck with football. He'd have a better chance of making the pros in that sport.

I don't remember Wojo's game to much, but I couldn't stand him, and Paulus reminds me of him for some reason. My point was Wojo never played in the NBA (correct me if I'm wrong). There's a good chance Paulus won't either.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:31 PM   #19
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Thank you. Proof to how close minded and narrow this board is.

Quote:
Sophomore
Games: 11, PPG: 7.5, RPG: 1.8, APG: 3.8, FG%: 44.1[1]

[edit]Games: 36, PPG: 6.7, RPG: 2.8, APG: 5.2[2]

Paulus is a member of a highly regarded recruiting class that helped Duke to a 32-4 record, the regular season ACC championship, and the ACC Tournament Championship. Paulus led the the ACC in assists per game at 5.2. He also set a Duke freshman record for assists in a game with 15 (to only 3 turnovers) in a 104-77 home victory over Valparaiso on December 18, 2005; that assist total was only one away from the all-time single-game Duke record of 16, set by NCAA career assist leader Bobby Hurley.

His 187 assists ranked third behind only Bobby Hurley (288 in 1990) and Jason Williams (220 in 2000) among the freshman assist leaders in Duke history.[3]
Awards
2005-2006 ACC All-Freshman First Team
2006 ACC All Tournament Second Team

High School Career
Greg Paulus averaged 23.5 points, eight assists and six rebounds per game during his high school career, making him the 11th-leading scorer in New York history. During his senior campaign, he averaged 26.8 points, 8.2 assists, 5.1 rebounds and 3.4 steals per game. Paulus was also ranked as the number one point guard prospect out of high school according to rivals.com and scout.com.

Many people know of Greg Paulus from his football accomplishments, instead of his basketball ones. Paulus, originally from Appleton, Wisconsin, moved to New York at a young age. Paulus grew up in the Syracuse suburb of Manlius, New York, and graduated from Syracuse's Christian Brothers Academy in 2005. While there, he played basketball and football, earning all-state honors in each sport at least three times. Paulus played quarterback and led his football team to a Class-AA state championship (though schools from New York City and Long Island do not compete in the tournament, primarily to avoid the cost of bringing a whole team to Syracuse for the championship games) during his senior season. Following his senior season in 2004, he was named Gatorade's National High School Football Player of the Year and was rated as the top quarterback by USA Today.

Paulus received numerous scholarship offers to play football at several powerhouse programs such as the University of Miami and Notre Dame. He also received scholarship offers to play basketball from Duke University, Syracuse University, and Notre Dame. In the end, his love of basketball and Duke caused him to sign a letter of intent with the Blue Devils. His quarterback skills have helped him on the basketball court, allowing him to have great court vision and the ability to read the opponent's defense. Greg Paulus joined Joe Mauer with the unusual distinction of being a Gatorade National High School Football Player of the Year who did not play football at the collegiate level.

Awards
(Awards are for basketball unless otherwise noted)

Gatorade Male National High School Athlete of the Year award (all sports)
2005 Gatorade New York state Player of the Year
Five-time all-league
Four-time all-state
All-America status in 2005 according to McDonald’s, Parade, EA and Student Sports
New York State Mr. Basketball as a senior
USA Basketball Junior National Select team for the 2005 Nike Hoops Summit
National High School Coaches Association senior athlete of the year
2004 Gatorade National Football Player of the Year

All this in a stack ACC and Duke team.
Now before you try to make a funny, do your resaearch on a player and actually have seen him play before you make retarded statements to get a laugh from the board. I love how this board loves to make safety picks and cut down people who have a different angle.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:36 PM   #20
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Im a duke fan hateraid but I dont see it, very gutsy call and I hope you're right
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:38 PM   #21
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Thank you. Proof to how close minded and narrow this board is.

All this in a stack ACC and Duke team.
Now before you try to make a funny, do your resaearch on a player and actually have seen him play before you make retarded statements to get a laugh from the board. I love how this board loves to make safety picks and cut down people who have a different angle.

I never said Wojo was better. My comment wasn't to be taken seriously. If you had read my second comment, you would have saw that my point is that I don't think Paulus will play in the NBA ala Wojo.

Last edited by Kujo : 01-26-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:41 PM   #22
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Ugh...beat me by a whole three minutes.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:46 PM   #23
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

no. At best he is current- level Eric Snow minus the defense. He lead the ACC in assists passing to Reddick and Williams, but only by default because all the ACC Pgs went in the draft the previous yr.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:47 PM   #24
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Chester Frazier>Greg Paulus
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:50 PM   #25
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
no. At best he is current- level Eric Snow minus the defense.
So am I, haha. I don't disagree with you, but that basically means the player in question has no game.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:52 PM   #26
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I never said Wojo was better. My comment wasn't to be taken seriously. If you read my second comment, you would have saw that my point is that I don't think Paulus will play in the NBA ala Wojo.

My appologies Kujo if it seemed like I was targeting you. It just friggin bothers me how jumpy some posters are on here and how selective their reading is.
Never did I post once that Paulus was a lock to be the next Steve Nash. I was trying to say that I'm a huge fan of the way he plays and love the way his skillset is. I guy that can take control of a game with his passing skills and that has potential to go far. He's in an unfortunate situation in where he's not the main option on his team, but yet fortunate enough to be in a system that can cultvate him into a solid NBA pro. Then people jump amd make comment when they probably haven't seen more than 5 games out of the guy.(Mainly talkin about 2 posters enetering this thread), but yet will rave about how "dope" OJ Mayo will be solely based on the hype. (Not a shot at Bonez).
I will repeat one more time to the boneheads, I'm aloud to make one overblown pick. this one is it.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:52 PM   #27
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wojo was an ok college player but due to his size wasn't an NBA prospect. He also wasn't a good shooter and Paulus this year is already shooting better than Wojo ever did.

Paulus might be an NBA prospect if he does A LOT of learning in the next 2 years. The guy makes so many boneheaded decisions on offense that calling him the next great anything is going way too far right now. He does has some good defensive instincts from what I've seen but his offensive game needs a lot of work. He has little clue how to run an offense right now.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:03 PM   #28
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hateraid - great. We see his accomplishments. By your lights Raef LaFrentz should have been the next great center because of his college accolades. Shouldn't KVH and Laettner be hall of fame locks, too? I mean, they had great college careers.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:06 PM   #29
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Hateraid - great. We see his accomplishments. By your lights Raef LaFrentz should have been the next great center because of his college accolades. Shouldn't KVH and Laettner be hall of fame locks, too? I mean, they had great college careers.

Unless I know who you really are, I won't rebuttle.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:11 PM   #30
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
no. At best he is current- level Eric Snow minus the defense. He lead the ACC in assists passing to Reddick and Williams, but only by default because all the ACC Pgs went in the draft the previous yr.

Good point, the better assist men were gone. But on the flip side, Redick more created his own shots, Williams scored more cleaning up and good oppurtuinites and Dukes system is relied on ball movement so Paulus' assist total is still quite an accomplishment. But I do see your point. No Paul, Jack, or Felton left it wide open for Paulus.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: