Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-26-2007, 12:44 PM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Greg Paulus: The next great pure PG?

Hopefully anybody who's a Duke or college basketball fan can agree with me that Greg Paulus is an amazing and unique assist man. Unique in the sense that his passing can literally take control of the game. Although stats may not stand out, potentially in the league he may follow the lineage of Magic, Stockon, Kidd, and Nash as a player who's passing game is seen as a unique weapon and can be potentialy be seen in the same light as an elite pure PG. Moreso in the lines of Stockton and Nash as not being as highly regarded and seen with alot of liabilities.
If I'm aloud to make one overblown prediction this would be it. There are alot of great assist men in the league, but very few take over the game with that skillset. I think Paulus may have that ability.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:51 PM   #2
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation
Default Re: Greg Paulus: The next great pure PG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Hopefully anybody who's a Duke or college basketball fan can agree with me that Greg Paulus is an amazing and unique assist man. Unique in the sense that his passing can literally take control of the game. Although stats may not stand out, potentially in the league he may follow the lineage of Magic, Stockon, Kidd, and Nash as a player who's passing game is seen as a unique weapon and can be potentialy be seen in the same light as an elite pure PG. Moreso in the lines of Stockton and Nash as not being as highly regarded and seen with alot of liabilities.
If I'm aloud to make one overblown prediction this would be it. There are alot of great assist men in the league, but very few take over the game with that skillset. I think Paulus may have that ability.

I like the freshman kid at North Carolina. forget his name right now.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:52 PM   #3
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Paulus will be lucky to have a career in the NBA.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:52 PM   #4
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by allball
I like the freshman kid at North Carolina. forget his name right now.

Wayne Ellington or Ty Lawson?
Old 01-26-2007, 12:52 PM   #5
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Wow I always thought Paulus was pretty disappointing. He's not very impressive.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:54 PM   #6
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos

That's why I said in the same light as Stockton and Nash as seen as a liability. But there will be a team that will need somone with his type of skillset.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:55 PM   #7
allball

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

Quote:
Wayne Ellington or Ty Lawson?

I think it's Ty Lawson
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:57 PM   #8
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobore
Wow I always thought Paulus was pretty disappointing. He's not very impressive.

I see where you're coming from. Slow start on a stacked team. But to my knowledge he did lead the ACC in assists last year on a team that relies on alot of ball movement and teamwork.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:02 PM   #9
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
This is Greg Paulus driving to the lane in the NBA... :
This is Greg Paulus's defender when he sends his layup sent into the 8th row
This is Paulus, realizing he doesnt belong in the NBA
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:03 PM   #10
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

is this a joke??? Paulus sucks and will never start in the NBA. HE might not even make the league.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:08 PM   #11
hateraid
Is it in you?

Like I said, if I'm aloud to make one overblown prediction, this would be it. But I'll suscribe. Then later find my targets.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:11 PM   #12
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

I don't think so. He's to inconsistent an non-atheletic to make the NBA at this point. My money goes to OJ Mayo/Derrick Rose to be the next elite level guards to be coming out of college not this offseason but the the next. Dominic James is a dark horse think his game is really nice this year.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:12 PM   #13
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

I haven't seen him this year, but he looked just terrible last year in the two or three games I saw him.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:18 PM   #14
Kujo

Kujo has decent reputation

Greg Paulus = Steve Wojciechowski.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:21 PM   #15
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
I don't think so. He's to inconsistent an non-atheletic to make the NBA at this point. My money goes to OJ Mayo/Derrick Rose to be the next elite level guards to be coming out of college not this offseason but the the next. Dominic James is a dark horse think his game is really nice this year.

And by all means they should be amongst the elite. But the key works in my OP was potential, passer and pure point. I'm not saying Paulus is an OJ or Rose. They're destined to be great.Paulus is a totally different breed of player. I talking about a guy who's skillset is to control a game with his passing skill and can emerge into that role. But some are just to ignorant to read in between lines.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: