Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 03-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Sim City

Anyone got it yet? I want to get it but I've heard they are having plenty of server problems and there is no offline mode.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:37 AM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Sim City

I'd love to play it but I won't pay money for a game that forces me to be online to play single-player.

Shame because I loved the Sim City series up to #4. And also loved Diablo 1 and 2 when it comes to this kind of protection.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:23 AM   #3
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I'd love to play it but I won't pay money for a game that forces me to be online to play single-player.

Shame because I loved the Sim City series up to #4. And also loved Diablo 1 and 2 when it comes to this kind of protection.
I don't think there's even a single player mode, I heard every game is multiplayer.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:40 AM   #4
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm playing it. Don't have a problem with DRM... but I've always had a good connection, and am used to playing online games.

You can play a private region, or public region. In the private region others need a PW to join, and/or you can just play by yourself.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #5
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm an old SimCity fan. But after I saw this, I'm very unlikely to buy this.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng

I'm an old SimCity fan. But after I saw this, I'm very unlikely to buy this.
IT. IS. EVEN. WORSE!!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #7
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Our favourite NFL punter has he say!

https://twitter.com/ChrisWarcraft/st...735553/photo/1

Old 03-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
I don't think there's even a single player mode, I heard every game is multiplayer.
So there is no "sandbox" mode where you just build and do your own stuff? There is no reason why such a mode should require a constant connection.

I hope people ignoring these types of games when there are great alternatives. With Torchlight 2, I have zero desire to spend money on Diablo 3. Anno 2070 is a great alternative city-builder/sim.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #9
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

This version of SimCity will continue to be a complete disaster if the game still require constant Internet connection to be playable.

SimCity 4, FTW!
Old 03-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #10
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

thank god

fvck ea
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #11
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

So EA said 1.1 million copies of SimiCity 2013 have been sold.

Well, that might include a million of dissatisfied but can't do shit customers in there too.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #12
eriX
High School Starter

eriX has decent reputation

the game looked exciting until i know of the fact you can only build in tiny restricted area they give you... but apparently a modder has found ways to build outside of the area and play offline so thats some hope?
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:38 AM   #13
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation here

The game is actually decent. It really only had server problems for a couple days after launch, basically like any online game. The areas are a tad small I'll admit. I would like to see bigger areas. Also if you do want to play with other people it's hard to find a public game that isn't already full or already abandoned.

EA gave people a free game to people to make up for the server issues, I took Need For Speed: Most Wanted, but some other big EA games were in the list as well.

It's definitely by far the most detailed sim city yet, and has a lot of potential down the road if they keep updating it. Mining, trading, etc adds some interesting money making options to the game as well.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:33 AM   #14
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

game got a huuggggeeeee patch update today
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: