Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-26-2007, 04:44 PM   #31
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Arenas = cheater

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymossy
Good point.

(You are right Honey, I shouldn't have slept with your little sister. But I fail to see why you are so upset. I can hardly expect to be held accountable for my actions given that I cheated on you in the past. I stopped banging her 3 weeks ago, so what do you say you give it a rest.)

So to summarize, don't cheat. And if you do cheat, ensure that you cheat in the past. That way it doesn't count.

Ahhh the philosophy of life.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:00 PM   #32
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
How does anyone not see how buying a box of(not for sale) all star ballots from a store for the sole purpose of voting for yourself in place of fans who are supposed to vote is cheating?

Who cares? I find it completely human, and quite entertaining. He's a pretty secure guy to own up to being insecure enough at one time to do something like that. I'm sure other players have done something to that effect, but would never admit it.

Does 'cheating' really count, for something as meaningless as an All-Star starter? I really don't mind, or get why it is such a big deal. Of course he didn't win, and it probably didn't mean much in the overall scheme of things.

Gilbert is just completely real. He's like such an everyday kind of dude.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:04 PM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Good point.

Even if Arenas's actions are those of a cheat, the cheating occurred in the past. And as we all know, if it happens in the past it really doesn't count against you.

(You are right Honey, I shouldn't have slept with your little sister. But I fail to see why you are so upset. I can hardly expect to be held accountable for my actions given that I cheated on you in the past. I stopped banging her 3 weeks ago, so what do you say you give it a rest.)

So to summarize, don't cheat. And if you do cheat, ensure that you cheat in the past. That way it doesn't count.

You're releating marriage, something sacred with an exhibition game where he voted for himself KNOWING it wouldnt factor much in the voting. For all we know he probably exaggerrated the amount and it was less. That said the two examples arent one in the same. Sure you're gonna attempt to make a point of "its cheating using the same logic" but the variables, situations used are so completely far from one another its silly.

Cheating on wife vs voting for yourself on an all star ballot.

Think about it. If you dont laugh and acknowledge how silly the comparison is then i dunno what to tell you.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:08 PM   #34
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Can't fans vote for their favorite players online as many times as they want? What's the difference?

They limit it to once a day per computer. They actually have to throw out votes sometimes when nerds come up with programs to get around it. Guy on the old board did it once and mentioned he knew of some Spurs fans who tried it and got a lot of spurs players votes removed.

Quote:
Who cares? I find it completely human

Everything negative people do is human nature to some degree. Doesnt make it not be what it is. He doesnt deserve to go to jail. Or even be fined or anything. But there is no point pretending it isnt what it is.

He cheated to get all star votes by selling **** to a store for their ballots. Nobody is saying it makes him evil. But it sure as hell is cheating.

He probably wouldnt even deny its cheating if hes willing to admit he did it. Probably just say he isnt the only one.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:09 PM   #35
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

People might laugh but imagine if Kobe did it. "Kobe is such an egotistical bastard! He can't STAND the fact that people don't WANT HIM in the All-Star game! He's a CRAZY ******!"

But Gilbo does it and everyone giggles and says "what a quirky guy!"
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:16 PM   #36
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

I don't really like the logic people are using here. Like, we all did it so it isn't bad kinda thing. We all lie and we all cheat so cheating isn't bad. That's just stupid.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:25 PM   #37
heymossy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

heymossy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Cheating on wife vs voting for yourself on an all star ballot.

Think about it. If you dont laugh and acknowledge how silly the comparison is then i dunno what to tell you.
I do acknowledge and I am most definitely laughing.

Talk about a brain-freeze, I have no idea what I was thinking. Arenas may be a proven cheater, but that hardly puts him on par with the kind of guy who would sleep with his wife's sister.

While Arenas did conspire to cheat basketball fans everywhere, that is still not the same as getting a hummer from your sister-in-law.
heymossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:57 PM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

: a hummer, not a bentley tho (bad e.griffin usage of a quote;sorry)
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:30 PM   #39
demirci
I hit open layups

demirci has an OK reputation so far

Filling out hundreds of ballots by yourself is probably cheating. Then again, this year each fan was allowed to vote once a day, so everyone had about 100 votes. On the other hand, giving out ballots to your friends and relatives is not cheating, because those are generally the people that would like to see you play the most and you're just giving them a means to try and get you in. Overall, it's not that big of a deal.

BTW, heymossy has been f***ing with you guys since the start of this thread. Use your brains.

I don't recognize people who don't recognize sarcasm.
demirci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:38 PM   #40
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Good point.

Even if Arenas's actions are those of a cheat, the cheating occurred in the past. And as we all know, if it happens in the past it really doesn't count against you.

All sarcasm aside, the point is that he didn't cheat and win it this year. That's not why he won this year, which was the point of the OP.

Does a player's family vote for them? Wouldn't that be cheating?
Does a player's friends vote for them? Wouldn't that be cheating?
What about players voting at all? Wouldn't that be cheating?

I don't see anything wrong with any of the above. As for stuffing the ballot box, how about a few billion people in China voting for Yao Ming, only because he's from their country?

How about the fans who vote for their favorite player, even though they know he's not an All-Star? How about the fans who vote for injured players who aren't going to be able to play. I remember back in '97 or '98, fans voted Scottie Pippen as a starter, even though he hadn't played a single game that year. Not one minute.

The All-Star voting process is about popularity, nothing more. Stuffing a ballot box yourself is no different than getting all of your friends and family to vote for you. It's no different than getting people who couldn't care less about basketball to vote for you.

Now, quit crying already.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:38 PM   #41
heymossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by demirci

BTW, heymossy has been f***ing with you guys since the start of this thread. Use your brains.

I don't recognize people who don't recognize sarcasm.
Yet I recognize you.

Or maybe I am just being sarcastic.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:41 PM   #42
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Can't believe how off I was. I should have anticipated that there would be people who would argue that this isn't even cheating... I hit the other points on the head though.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:46 PM   #43
heymossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley

The All-Star voting process is about popularity, nothing more. Stuffing a ballot box yourself is no different than getting all of your friends and family to vote for you. It's no different than getting people who couldn't care less about basketball to vote for you.

Now, quit crying already.
I had a good rebuttal for you Jalen, but I find myself somewhat discombobulated by the your clever use of the crying emoticon.

DAMM YOU Emoticons. The force of your naked yet blatantly emotional appeals effortlessly blows away the cool logic of my clearly superior arguments.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:49 PM   #44
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I had a good rebuttal for you Jalen, but I find myself somewhat discombobulated by the your clever use of the crying emoticon.

DAMM YOU Emoticons. The force of your naked yet blatantly emotional appeals effortlessly blows away the cool logic of my clearly superior arguments.

Next time, close the window until the muse returns and you can try writing a good post again. We'd all appreciate it for once.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:54 PM   #45
heymossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
Next time, close the window until the muse returns and you can try writing a good post again. We'd all appreciate it for once.
Why do you wound me so.

But I have to admit you are right. Maybe next time I post I too can make clever use of emoticons to make my points for me. If you wouldn't mind Jalen, maybe you could send me a private message with detailed instructions on how to use one of those dancing bananas to bolster my arguments.

I bet you that would impress basketball fans everywhere.

Last edited by heymossy : 01-26-2007 at 07:02 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: