Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Better post-season: 2008 Pierce vs. 2012 Wade

Who do you guys think had the better post-season? 2008 Paul Pierce or 2012 Dwyane Wade?

I'm asking because both of these guys were clearly the 2nd option on their respective teams that won a title that season.

Who do you think was the better 2nd fiddle and better player this season?

I thought both were very similar. They were both inconsistent despite their overall stat-line not necessarily showing it.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation
Default Re: Better post-season: 2008 Pierce vs. 2012 Wade

This a Joke?

Pierce easily.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 has not been impressing people

Pierce won FMVP... how was he the second option?
imnew09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
Boston C's
Local High School Star

Boston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat cool

definitely pierce to me
Boston C's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #5
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Definitely Pierce. The only round pierce was shaky in was the 2nd round and he had that huge game 7 still. I'm one of Wades biggest defenders on here but he wasn't healthy enough to consistently play at his typical level.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Pierce won Finals MVP because of one game and the sad part is he wasnt even the best player in that game .

Rondo was.

But Pierce was still a whole lot better than Wade.

I think Bosh was arguably better than Wade in the games he actually played.

Last edited by Rubio2Gasol : 08-29-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #7
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
Pierce won Finals MVP because of one game and the sad part is he wasnt even the best player in that game .

Rondo was.

Not sure if trolling or being sarcastic...

As a Lakers fan myself, I hate the Celtics and especially Pierce after his "wheel chair" act. But c'mon, give credits when credits due. Pierce deserved that FMVP because of his clutchness and defensive plays. Rondo wasn't even considered the "Big 3" in their championship run...
imnew09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #8
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol

Rondo was.

Bosh was definitely the miami's 2nd best player in the Finals. He was huge defensively
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #9
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew09
Not sure if trolling or being sarcastic...

As a Lakers fan myself, I hate the Celtics and especially Pierce after his "wheel chair" act. But c'mon, give credits when credits due. Pierce deserved that FMVP because of his clutchness and defensive plays. Rondo wasn't even considered the "Big 3" in their championship run...

I like Pierce TBH .

But there's no way he was overall a more impactful player than Garnett and nor was he more clutch. He deserved accolades and recognition , but not the award.

I'm talking about game 6 , I felt Rondo was better than everyone, that was when I decided he was going to be the next great PG.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #10
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

I'm saying Pierce as well, totally biased though. As a diehard Pierce fan, that playoff run was honestly a joy to watch. This guy battled through so much, played on so many bad teams, but he created career defining moments and finally got the respect he deserved. That game 7 against LeBron was the one of the best playoff battles I've ever seen...a little treat for some of us youngbloods who were too young to witness Bird vs Dominique in 88. And yeah, the dramatics were a little high, but coming back after the knee injury and hitting the two 3s to spark a Celtics' rally is a classic Finals moment.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #11
Mach_3
Local High School Star

Mach_3 has decent reputationMach_3 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew09
Pierce won FMVP... how was he the second option?

If you believe Pierce was the best player on that 08 Celtics squad you need to rewatch that playoff run
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #12
MiamiThrice
Banned

MiamiThrice has decent reputationMiamiThrice has decent reputation

The guy that won Finals MVP leading his team to the title. One of these guys was a second fiddle and one was the first option.
MiamiThrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:09 PM   #13
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Pierce obviously.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:09 PM   #14
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pierce due to Wade's injuries and inconsistency even though Pierce didn't necessarily lead the C's anywhere. That year was clearly a joint effort and he got outplayed in the Finals by both Ray and KG.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #15
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Pierce's lack of substantial (compared to the season prior) production in the '08 playoffs was more due to him scaling back his individual game in order for KG and Allen to flourish. KG was still and clearly the Celtics best and most valuable player (for all you kids at home thinking Pierce's FMVP says otherwise), but Pierce was capable of doing more. For the betterment of his team, he just didn't.

2012 Wade is a completely different story. Yes he scaled his game back as well, but his production woes were more about injury and decline that resulted in extremely erratic and inconsistent play. He'd go halves only scoring 2-4 points.

Still a Top 7 player in the league last year, while I don't consider Pierce being one in 2008. But, if we are just comparing a better post season and not player, it would have to go to Pierce.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: