Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #16
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: An interesting look into the Bulls first Championship Run

If there was one thing I wish the article wouldve went more into detail about game three vs the Pistons. I honestly feel that one game was the most important game in the Bulls dynasty. Sure they were up two games on Detroit. But those games were in Chicago. Who knows what happens if they lose game three in Detroit.

That was the one game where I feel the Pistons tried to ratchet it up and get back into the series. Once they lost that game. They seemed to have given up. They didnt seem to try in game four.

Here's the boxscore
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...105250DET.html
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #17
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

KING: We go [to Detroit] and win the third game. In our eyes, it’s over. But we still know they’re going to come out and give their best effort. Let me tell you how cocky they were: We had morning shootaround, and there’s a time limit with the shoot-around—you have to be off the floor within an hour. So our shootaround had about 15 minutes to go. Phil was going over the game plan. And we were talking about what we were going to do that night. So [the Pistons] were in the hallway, and they’re disrupting practice—whistling and yelling. I remember Bill Laimbeer was like, “Get the hell off our court, time’s up.” [But] Scottie was cocky, too. I remember [him] doing a dance, like with a broom. Somebody goes, “Scottie, what you doin’?” “I’m sweeping up the trash—just like we’re gonna do tonight.” They really couldn’t say anything. We were cracking up.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #18
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Jackson actually considered blowing up the team after a loss to the Pistons in late December

SMITH: So then they go out west. They win a few games. They’re kind of playing .500 ball into December. They’re a good team, winning their home games mostly. Then, right before Christmas, they go into Detroit and just get blown out. Dominated the way Detroit had dominated them in the past. I remember Phil talking after the game that this is a sort of crucible for this team, and maybe we need to blow it up—not trade Jordan, but maybe make some big changes. That maybe this team isn’t up to it.

Y'a think?
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #19
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
KING: We go [to Detroit] and win the third game. In our eyes, it’s over. But we still know they’re going to come out and give their best effort. Let me tell you how cocky they were: We had morning shootaround, and there’s a time limit with the shoot-around—you have to be off the floor within an hour. So our shootaround had about 15 minutes to go. Phil was going over the game plan. And we were talking about what we were going to do that night. So [the Pistons] were in the hallway, and they’re disrupting practice—whistling and yelling. I remember Bill Laimbeer was like, “Get the hell off our court, time’s up.” [But] Scottie was cocky, too. I remember [him] doing a dance, like with a broom. Somebody goes, “Scottie, what you doin’?” “I’m sweeping up the trash—just like we’re gonna do tonight.” They really couldn’t say anything. We were cracking up.
The Pistons were nothing but thugs. The Bulls were better than them even in 1990. But them being allowed to flagrant foul constantly is what beat the Bulls. The one thing I wish the first thrrepeat Bulls wouldve had was an enforcer. Someone to retaliate when teams like the Pistons and Knicks would begin playing jungle ball.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #20
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
Y'a think?
Lol yeah. I kinda see the Thunder beiing at that crossroads next year. Theyve had this team for a few years now. Players may have to go if they dont win this year.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #21
Shaquille O'Neal
Serious playground baller

Shaquille O'Neal has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls

Damn. Jordan with 33 points on 19 shots.
11/19 from the floor, 7 rebs 7 assists 3 steals 5 blocks.

Peak Jordan - I don't remember watching that series but remember the finals that summer - was graduating from high school. Good times.
Shaquille O'Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #22
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille O'Neal
Damn. Jordan with 33 points on 19 shots.
11/19 from the floor, 7 rebs 7 assists 3 steals 5 blocks.

Peak Jordan - I don't remember watching that series but remember the finals that summer - was graduating from high school. Good times.
I remember. Especially the talk after game two. The Bulls convinceingly beat the Pistons both those games and we wondered if they were just riding the emotions of the fans in Chicago or if they had really turned the corner.

The key was Pippen. We knew what Jordan would do. But would Pippen fold under the pressure and brutal tactics of the Pistons. They played that game during Pippen induction to the hall of fame as one of his great games. Pippen killed every run the Pistons made. He wouldve been the leading scorer of tthat game had Mahorn (I beleive it was Mahorn) throw him into the stands and cause him to require stitches. He missed about 8 minutes of play. The Pistons went on a run. Got back in the game, even took the lead if I remember correct. Then Pippen came back and that was all she wrote.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: