Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #16
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Peaks - Derrick Rose vs Ray Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
He was going up against Prime Kobe for the 1st team. Rose was going up against the years past 2 mvp candidates on the same team, Kobe with an unmotivated team, and a "small market" center who should have won the mvp.

Prime Kobe wasn't the reason for Ray Allen getting no MVP love. Point me out a year of his Allen's career where he should have been a serious candidate. I don't remember any, feel free to point them out tho. Rose on the other hand regardless if anybody thinks deserved it or not was in the conversation and was on everybody's list. It wasn't just prime Kobe infront of Allen for MVP consideration, it was alot of players.

Only thing I'm saying. Feel free to take Ray, it's a strange comparison whatever. Don't discount Rose's MVP and be like well he didn't deserve it and it's a wash with Ray because it's not. Allen never earned serious consideration for the award like Rose did, period.

1st team makes sense. Like I said alot factors into that. Rose still had competition but it's understandable why Allen didn't have a 1st team spot. All tho the format seems to be guard-guard. Allen has only made an All-NBA team twice in his career as well.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #17
Vertical-24
Hollywood

Vertical-24 has decent reputation

Who's to say Rose peaked? Everyone's answering the OP's question but no one is questioning why he's saying Rose has peaked. We're talking about a bonafide, 23 year-old star. Is this because of the ACL injury? If so, we should at least see how he plays first before determining his peak or believing he will "never be the same" or can't get any better.

Regardless, I would take a 2010-2012 Rose (healthy) over any version of Ray Allen. And that's not a stab at Ray at all, he was amazing in his prime. Beyond amazing shooter, solid defender and a wonderful traditional SG. He would be an excellent compliment to any team. But as an overall player, I would take Rose in a heartbeat. More explosive, better leader, lightning-quick feet, great mid-range shooter (barring this past season where he was just decent), and an overall dynamic player.
Vertical-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #18
Pointguard
NBA sixth man of the year

Pointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you seen Rose play up close and live you really feel like you've seen something you never seen before, and I seen Jordan and Magic in their primes. Rose and Lebron seem to have like Rockets on them at times. So its hard for me to compare them to guys with an amazing quality in them. When Ray was in college he looked like a freak athlete, I remember I went to see St Johns play Felipe Lopez and was supposed to be the great athlete and Ray Allen totally shocked me.

To this day I never saw a shooter like I saw what Ray Allen was able to do to Bruce Bowen drapped all over him in the playoffs. So I like them both and just can't make the comparison.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:34 AM   #19
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a bad reputationBigsmoke has a bad reputationBigsmoke has a bad reputationBigsmoke has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Did people suddenly forget how good prime Bucks/Sonics Allen was? 26.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 4 apg with solid D and killer efficiency? Rose is more first option material but it's definitely debatable. I'm going to say peak Ray was slightly better than the best we have seen from Rose but I think Rose can obviously surpass peak Ray.

he played like what... 50 games?

that team was ass while Rose' team had the best record in the NBA

lol @ saying Ray Allen in his prime was better
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:35 AM   #20
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

DRose easily

Rose avg 25/8/4 in 10-11 season at age 22 and he's still not in his primes or peak yet..
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:54 AM   #21
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Rose was probably about the 5th best player in the league his MVP year.

I don't know if Ray Allen was ever even top 10...and if he was, it was borderline.

Rose wins.

Allen has had great longevity though and consistency.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:45 AM   #22
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a bad reputationBigsmoke has a bad reputationBigsmoke has a bad reputationBigsmoke has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
Rose was probably about the 5th best player in the league his MVP year.

I don't know if Ray Allen was ever even top 10...and if he was, it was borderline.

Rose wins.

Allen has had great longevity though and consistency.

with that said.

I can not think of a more pointless VS thread than this one.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:58 AM   #23
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
with that said.

I can not think of a more pointless VS thread than this one.

I can. There was a "D. Wade vs Ray Allen in their primes" thread a few days ago.

Nothing in bball about individual rankings can be said to be absolute...this isn't tennis where it's one on one and so we can be pretty sure that Nadal is the fifth best or whatever.

There's room for error. But not so much error that a player like Wade who was (likely) in the top 3 in his prime could be lower than someone who was never (likely) really even a top 10 player.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:05 AM   #24
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ray allen is the greatest shooter of all time but he's not a first option
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:21 AM   #25
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
Who do you think was better at their peaks? Derrick Rose or Ray Allen?
Rose is 23
TheMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:25 AM   #26
Noof
Local High School Star

Noof is considered somewhat coolNoof is considered somewhat cool

Obviously Rose. And he could still have a better season in the future.
Noof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:13 AM   #27
arifgokcen
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

arifgokcen has decent reputation

Even during his peak play i would rather have raptors bosh.This should tell you the difference between rose and allen.
arifgokcen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:14 AM   #28
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143
DRose easily

Rose avg 25/8/4 in 10-11 season at age 22 and he's still not in his primes or peak yet..

so how can you compare the peaks if one hasn't arrived there yet?
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #29
Tking714
I can dunk

Tking714 has an OK reputation so far

This can't be life
Tking714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #30
Boston C's
Local High School Star

Boston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat cool

Rose hasn't peaked yet but I'd take him when he does... for all those who believe you couldn't win with Ray as the number 1 option seem to forget that ray never played on great teams until he went to boston...I only wish that ray could have played with an elite big man before garnett because thats all that was really missing for him...ray was a beast and everytime the playoffs rolled around in his prime he always stepped his game up to another level
Boston C's is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: