Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #151
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Kobe's 81-point game is SEVERELY underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagexslave

Who's to say another player in the same league(or close) as Kobe wouldn't have scored around the same amount of points on a night like that where you're getting that crazy amount of shot attempts, and having a good shooting night, against a bad team?

Why do people create these hypothetical situations? You think guys haven't taken lots of shots against bad teams before? LeBron had his career high against the same team and no one gives him shit about it. Jordan had his career high against a team that gave up 102 ppg, and no one tries to downplay it.

The fact is Kobe had an all time great performance that will most likely never be replicated again just like some other players in NBA history.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #152
Kobr
Bryant

Kobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

People actually choosing 63 points in double overtime
Kobr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #153
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

People try to downplay Kobe's game by referring to the competition, but wow seriously? The OP seriously listed the Raptors' players' resume and tried to make it sound impressive?
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #154
SamuraiSWISH
Samurai Swoosh

SamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected posterSamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected posterSamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected posterSamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected poster

I actually think it's quite overrated. Why isn't David Robinson's 71 point game not talked about near as much? It's impressive, it's not what Kobe stans crack it up to be. Extreme amounts of talent, at times polarizing and relentlessly selfish. There was points where the game was in hand where he could've got others involved.
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #155
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
I actually think it's quite overrated. Why isn't David Robinson's 71 point game not talked about near as much? It's impressive, it's not what Kobe stans crack it up to be. Extreme amounts of talent, at times polarizing and relentlessly selfish. There was points where the game was in hand where he could've got others involved.
David Robinson is probably the least talked about and most underrated player ever...
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #156
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Also, why isn't David Thompson's 73-point game recognised as arguably the GOAT scoring performance when he shot 28-38 FG and 17-20 FT's? Even better, he had the most unbelievably scorching hot halftime ever, since he had 53 points on 20-23 FG's in the first half alone.
Psileas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #157
PickernRoller
2/5

PickernRoller has not been impressing people

Obviously it's underrated. Trying to convince the haters or making them admit a fact is comical. They'll downplay it till they die. It's part of the game.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #158
sportjames23
MJ>>>>Lebron KD & Kobe

sportjames23 is a pretty well-respected postersportjames23 is a pretty well-respected postersportjames23 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
It's arguably the best performance in NBA history, so I seriously doubt any current player will even come close.

69 points, 18 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals, 1 block against a better team on the road >>>> 81 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 1 block against the shittiest team in the league at home.
sportjames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:20 PM   #159
T.O.RapsJays
Go Jays/Raptors!!

T.O.RapsJays has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobr
People like to try to minimize such an amazing game by Kobe by claiming the Raptors were terrible, but let's take a look at the guys on their 2005-06 roster.
[list=1][*]Chris Bosh - 1x NBA champion, 7x All-Star, Toronto's all-time leading scorer, he was putting up 22.5/9.2/2.6 on 50.5% in 2005-06. Had 18/8/2 during the game.

I'm not going to get into an argument about the performance (not a Kobe fan but whether or not it was the best performance of all time (which it obviously wasn't) it was clearly impressive), but really, mentioning career achievements of a player who at the time didn't even have half of what you mentioned? The logic here is obviously flawed to say that the Raptor's team was good (which it wasn't) because it had players like FUTURE NBA Champion and Raptor's all-time scoring leader Chris Bosh.

The argument can only be focused on what he was playing against at the time and in what context, you only lose credibility by doing something like this. And I only chose Bosh because it was the one that standed out the most.
T.O.RapsJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #160
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected poster

Haters can try to down play it all they want but 81 points is beyond comprehension. People didnt believe it at first.

And it's funny how Kobe haters (usually downplayed by fans of Lebron) wanna at like 81 agains the raptors somehow makes it less impressive. But as far as I remember every team in the league played the raptors that year an no plays got close to 81.

Lebrons career high came against that same team..in a loss. With a better supporting cast than Kobe.

At the end of the day 81 points is 81 points, only 2 people in 60+ years was able to do it. 6"6 perimeter players aren't supposed to be able to get 81.

Go in the gym tomorrow, and try to score 81 points by yourself alone guarded by nobody. Even that is exausting.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #161
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
Go in the gym tomorrow, and try to score 81 points by yourself alone guarded by nobody. Even that is exausting.

You can't make 40 shots without being exhausted? You fat f*ck.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #162
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
I've done that before. All the shots were 5 feet from the rim, but I was still good. I'm pretty proud of myself.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #163
AintNoSunshine
Decent college freshman

AintNoSunshine is starting to rub some people the wrong wayAintNoSunshine is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobr
Will we ever see a single-game performance by LeBron on par with Kobe's 81?

I doubt it.

Lebron taking over the pistons in game 5 of the Playoffs

and single-handedly beating boston in game 6 of the Playoffs

is more legendary and greater than anything Kobe has ever done on a basketball court
AintNoSunshine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #164
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
You can't make 40 shots without being exhausted? You fat f*ck.

TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:42 PM   #165
Kobr
Bryant

Kobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine

Lebron taking over the pistons in game 5 of the Playoffs

and single-handedly beating boston in game 6 of the Playoffs

is more legendary and greater than anything Kobe has ever done on a basketball court

I don't even remember the two games you just listed. How many points did LeBron score?
Kobr is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: