Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Will DeMarcus Cousins & John Wall team up when they become Free Agents?

I kinda think they will.

They've seemed to always want to player with each other in AAU, college, & it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to become NBA teammates somewhere after the end of their rookie deals.

Neither guy seems like they would sign a longterm deal at the moment with their current team.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
DTreats
Banned

DTreats has a very bad reputationDTreats has a very bad reputationDTreats has a very bad reputationDTreats has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Will DeMarcus Cousins & John Wall team up when they become Free Agents?

Whoever gives either of those two max contracts will regret it.
DTreats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

QuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Will DeMarcus Cousins & John Wall team up when they become Free Agents?

Reke for Wall then?
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #4
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
Reke for Wall then?

kings scream yes.

and to answer ops question, i think theyll both sign fat extensions with their teams after this rookie contract is up, but after that, i can see them wanting to join up. they both seem happiest when theyre playing together. the rookie sophmore game of 2011-2012 was a great indicator of that. but will they join up? i think it depends how their teams are doing at said time.

Last edited by Levity : 08-21-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTreats
Whoever gives either of those two max contracts will regret it.

Im going to go on record and say that Cousins will have an all star worthy season this year. His head seems to be in the right place now, in fact, i dont think there has been any reports of locker room or any off court issues with him ever since westphal left. With another season under smart, i expect great things out of cousins.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #6
WeGetRing2012
Decent college freshman

WeGetRing2012 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayWeGetRing2012 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
Im going to go on record and say that Cousins will have an all star worthy season this year. His head seems to be in the right place now, in fact, i dont think there has been any reports of locker room or any off court issues with him ever since westphal left. With another season under smart, i expect great things out of cousins.

Yeah there was. Everyone on Team USA hated him...
WeGetRing2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
Yeah there was. Everyone on Team USA hated him...

kobe didnt. he said team usa needed intensity like his. and the reports against him were that he was playing "too hard" as spoken by melo. personally, it sounded like he just wanted to dick around with his team usa buddies, while someone like cousins was trying to prove he deserved a position on the team. DMCs aggression would have been nothing but beneficial for team usa against spain.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #8
WeGetRing2012
Decent college freshman

WeGetRing2012 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayWeGetRing2012 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
kobe didnt. he said team usa needed intensity like his. and the reports against him were that he was playing "too hard" as spoken by melo. personally, it sounded like he just wanted to dick around with his team usa buddies. DMCs aggression would have been nothing but beneficial for team usa against spain.

Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that coaches & players had issues with him. I like Cousins but you just said he hasn't had any issues since the coaching change & Im just pointing out that's inaccurate...
WeGetRing2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #9
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that coaches & players had issues with him. I like Cousins but you just said he hasn't had any issues since the coaching change & Im just pointing out that's inaccurate...

i meant that more along the lines of he hasnt had any issues with his own team/coaches since the westphal firing. He's ready and willing to be the main piece of the kings franchise, which is a great sign that hes in the right place mentally

so ye, that team usa thing, youre definitely right about. but i just didnt see it as much of an issue only because it wasnt concerning his own team, rather a team of superstars, that he openly diminished during the season when he talked about the patheticness of super teams.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #10
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputation

obviously as a fan of the wiz I hope Wall stays in DC. Cousins and Wall would be a great duo.

I like cousins because he's got a mean streak. You know he will do what it takes to be the star.
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #11
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
i meant that more along the lines of he hasnt had any issues with his own team/coaches since the westphal firing. He's ready and willing to be the main piece of the kings franchise, which is a great sign that hes in the right place mentally

so ye, that team usa thing, youre definitely right about. but i just didnt see it as much of an issue only because it wasnt concerning his own team, rather a team of superstars, that he openly diminished during the season when he talked about the patheticness of super teams.

He may be willing to buy into the Kings future at the moment, but players like Cousins have issues with their temperment that always ends up finding away to cause a distraction. You see the close relationship he's built with Keith Smart and its because Smart is an interim coach who doesn't bring the discipline/structure that a young Kings team needs to take the next step.

Most people realize that Smart won't last more than 1 year there because he's a terrible coach & the Kings aren't a Playoff team next season.

So what happens when Smart gets fired?

He's going to go off and cause a distraction, and evenually he'll force his way into a new situation. Either the Kings get tired of him or he signs elsewhere. His temperment isn't right. He reminds me so much of Marbury from a personality standpoint.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:06 AM   #12
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please

hawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
He may be willing to buy into the Kings future at the moment, but players like Cousins have issues with their temperment that always ends up finding away to cause a distraction. You see the close relationship he's built with Keith Smart and its because Smart is an interim coach who doesn't bring the discipline/structure that a young Kings team needs to take the next step.

Most people realize that Smart won't last more than 1 year there because he's a terrible coach & the Kings aren't a Playoff team next season.

So what happens when Smart gets fired?

He's going to go off and cause a distraction, and evenually he'll force his way into a new situation. Either the Kings get tired of him or he signs elsewhere. His temperment isn't right. He reminds me so much of Marbury from a personality standpoint.

Marbury was a great player despite his craziness though, the problem was just that he fell off real quickly after he lost his athleticism. If Cousins can give a team all-star caliber numbers for a good 10 years then his behavior can be overlooked. Hell Rasheed Wallace came to Detroit with similar baggage and helped them win a ring.

Cousins averages 20/10 like everybody thinks he will, then his behavior is a non-issue. Find a coach that can deal with him and build around him. If he doesn't get the whole 'buddy buddy' thing that most of the good players in the league are into now that's fine, the league needs more players like that.
hawksdogsbraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:35 AM   #13
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
Marbury was a great player despite his craziness though, the problem was just that he fell off real quickly after he lost his athleticism. If Cousins can give a team all-star caliber numbers for a good 10 years then his behavior can be overlooked. Hell Rasheed Wallace came to Detroit with similar baggage and helped them win a ring.

Cousins averages 20/10 like everybody thinks he will, then his behavior is a non-issue. Find a coach that can deal with him and build around him. If he doesn't get the whole 'buddy buddy' thing that most of the good players in the league are into now that's fine, the league needs more players like that.

I could see Cousins being as good as Sheed was, but I dont see any of the intangibles that Sheed had in Cousins. Sheed was a passionate player & got into a little trouble of the floor and the reputation stuck with him. Nobody ever called him a "thug" during his time at UNC or in Washington or early on in Portland. You take away those distractions people had with him and you get a guy who could adjust to any coach because he had a high basketball IQ on both ends of the floor. A guy who truly wanted to win and never let off the court stuff get into the way of what he did on the floor. Cousins isn't cut from that kind of cloth, he's an emotional player like Marbury blessed with a lot of talent but can self-destruct at any moment.

Sorry to sidetrack the thread but...

Marbury didn't have any issue with losing athleticism, this isn't Steve Francis we're talking about. He fell off because he lost his passion for the game. The reason I say this is because of what happened during his last full season in 2007 in which Isiah killed his spirit and Stephon became so cancerous to the team that it pretty much made the Knicks the trainwreck people couldn't help but laugh at. Stephon could drop 20+ points at will, but he chose not to because he didn't care anymore.

As soon as we didn't move him during the Trade Deadline, he went out and put up All Star numbers in hopes it would get him traded. When that too didn't happen he had a minor surgery and used that as an excuse to end his time in New York but collect the paychecks. By the time he ended up in Boston he was out of shape and a broken man spiritually. Thats why we got to watch him have a nervous breakdown via his Ustream that following offseason.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #14
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind

ncrizzle is considered somewhat coolncrizzle is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves

zbo is a career 20/10 guy, and he had to bounce around a few teams before he finally settled his act down. There is no reason why cousisns cant. I expect him to beast in the near future
ncrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:42 AM   #15
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

I want to see wall and griffin team up.
b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: