Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-22-2012, 12:58 AM   #61
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people
Default Re: Who would you rather take the last shot: Kobe or Lebron

"Last shot? I'll take the first, second, third, and every other shot in between!"

--Kobe
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:14 AM   #62
funnystuff
Say wot m8

funnystuff has decent reputationfunnystuff has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
If I want to miss it, Kobe. If I want to pass it to someone who will miss it, LeBron.
THIS
funnystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:19 AM   #63
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If it's the last 'shot'.. toss up.

Last 'play'. Bron hands down.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:30 AM   #64
Ne 1
College superstar

Ne 1 is a pretty well-respected posterNe 1 is a pretty well-respected posterNe 1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
You are a fool... Lebron was just unselfish on that play, he made a bad pass tho but with a good intention as Wade was open closer to the basket at the baseline...

Thats EXACTLY why you should trust the ball on Lebrons hands, he will make the correct play always, win or lose... he doesnt care about "Its me who should take the shot", he thinks more like "Its me who should create the most efficient shot whether it is for my teammates or for me"

Kobe is the complete opposite, Lebron would NEVER do this for example =
I

Gotta love how people cherry pic some hand selected gif to fit their agenda as if that proves anything.

Anyway that video is bullshit. There were 2 seconds on the clock, for him to pass it to Odom or Cook and for them to shoot it the game would have been over. And the coach ORDERS Kobe to take the last shot no matter what.

Last edited by Ne 1 : 08-22-2012 at 02:34 AM.
Ne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:37 AM   #65
BoutPractice
I'll pass

BoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputation

I just realized.

Browsing ISH is the same as watching CSPAN.
This place is like Congress, but for real people.

Two parties going at it, repeating the same points over and over.

Kobe fans are the Republicans.
They're religious ("how great is our Gawd"), and mostly immune to reason, facts and logic.
They're individualists who are into the myth of the solitary cowboy fighting against the system.
They cherish their constitutionally protected right to "shoot first".
Their sexuality is complex, with a fascination for manliness.
They are more likely to distinguish between different types of rape.

LeBron fans are the Democrats.
They believe in empirical evidence, but understand nothing of the science behind it.
They like sharing and distributing possessions.
They are somewhat less fanatical, but also more boring and uninspiring.
They're opportunistic frontrunners who lack the courage to stand up for their beliefs.

Those two impose their agendas on others, forcing everyone to talk about the issues they're interested in, so fans of other players would generally be moderates/apolitical/whatever in this argument.

With two exceptions.

First is Euroleague. Euroleague is clearly a radical left-winger. He wants to fight for the smaller league guys and elevate statues to the average player. He likes to pretend he's European even though he may actually come from Arkansas.

Second is Jlauber. Jlauber is - and this comparison is so obvious I'm sure it's crossed everyone's mind already - Jlauber is Ron Paul.
A lone voice preaching in the desert.
An old, articulate and educated basketball conservative.
A guy who likes to present long-winded, factually-based arguments in an era of witty soundbites such as "UMAD".
A man of principle who always fights for his ideals, to the point where you sometimes wish he wouldn't.
A broken record with a remarkable ability to stay on message.
For one, everything is about the Constitution. For the other, everything is somehow about Wilt Chamberlain.

And in the end, the trolls always win
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:02 AM   #66
LakersReign
Banned

LakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputation

(yawns)

http://www.nba.com/news/features/201...vey/index.html
LakersReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:08 AM   #67
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

no doubt Kobe
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:21 AM   #68
sekachu
Great young streetballer

sekachu has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
The scenario: Game 7 of the NBA finals. Team is down by 2. 4 seconds left on the shot clock, and your team takes the ball out from half court after burning your last timeout.

Who would you rather take the last shot that will decide your series?

:kobe or ?

My scenario is Lebron will pass up the ball.

To the question- kobe
sekachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #69
Kovach
Decent playground baller

Kovach is considered somewhat coolKovach is considered somewhat coolKovach is considered somewhat cool

@BoutPractice

Pretty hilarious and spot on until the last part which just reeks of fangirl bias. If you are impressed by a trivial facts, facts taken out of context, and straw-man-pooping machine good for you, doesn't make him a basketball guru tho.
Kovach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #70
RRR3
Ryūja no Mai

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoutPractice
I just realized.

Browsing ISH is the same as watching CSPAN.
This place is like Congress, but for real people.

Two parties going at it, repeating the same points over and over.

Kobe fans are the Republicans.
They're religious ("how great is our Gawd"), and mostly immune to reason, facts and logic.
They're individualists who are into the myth of the solitary cowboy fighting against the system.
They cherish their constitutionally protected right to "shoot first".
Their sexuality is complex, with a fascination for manliness.
They are more likely to distinguish between different types of rape.

LeBron fans are the Democrats.
They believe in empirical evidence, but understand nothing of the science behind it.
They like sharing and distributing possessions.
They are somewhat less fanatical, but also more boring and uninspiring.
They're opportunistic frontrunners who lack the courage to stand up for their beliefs.

Those two impose their agendas on others, forcing everyone to talk about the issues they're interested in, so fans of other players would generally be moderates/apolitical/whatever in this argument.

With two exceptions.

First is Euroleague. Euroleague is clearly a radical left-winger. He wants to fight for the smaller league guys and elevate statues to the average player. He likes to pretend he's European even though he may actually come from Arkansas.

Second is Jlauber. Jlauber is - and this comparison is so obvious I'm sure it's crossed everyone's mind already - Jlauber is Ron Paul.
A lone voice preaching in the desert.
An old, articulate and educated basketball conservative.
A guy who likes to present long-winded, factually-based arguments in an era of witty soundbites such as "UMAD".
A man of principle who always fights for his ideals, to the point where you sometimes wish he wouldn't.
A broken record with a remarkable ability to stay on message.
For one, everything is about the Constitution. For the other, everything is somehow about Wilt Chamberlain.

And in the end, the trolls always win
will rep when I can
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #71
RRR3
Ryūja no Mai

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

To the OP,

If they're both in their primes....

Jumpshot: Kobe
Drive to the hoop: LBJ
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #72
Rondo
High School Varsity 12th Man

Rondo has decent reputationRondo has decent reputation

Kobe. But neither if I had the choice of any player in the league. Melo or KD would be a better debate.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #73
BoutPractice
I'll pass

BoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovach
@BoutPractice

Pretty hilarious and spot on until the last part which just reeks of fangirl bias. If you are impressed by a trivial facts, facts taken out of context, and straw-man-pooping machine good for you, doesn't make him a basketball guru tho.
> Just to clarify, I am making fun of everyone equally, not picking any sides here ;)
Paul scares me more than anything, and while his basketball counterpart has the merit of being unique and interesting, I'd also disagree with a lot of what he says and how he says it.
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: