Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #61
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)
 
Yung D-Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Jerry Sloan's Doghouse
Posts: 12,581
Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Which EC team will be the biggest disappointment?

Imagine if Toronto was the only team from the Atlantic divison to make the playoffs
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #62
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Kingwillball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,602
Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Which EC team will be the biggest disappointment?

Well I expect all 3 to Make Playoffs so not sure how you can label them a disappointment unless you expect them to make a long run in PLayoffs. None of them are beating the HEat in a series if that is what you're asking..
Kingwillball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #63
Michael_Wilbon
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 562
Michael_Wilbon has not been impressing people
Default Re: Which EC team will be the biggest disappointment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwillball
Well I expect all 3 to Make Playoffs so not sure how you can label them a disappointment unless you expect them to make a long run in PLayoffs. None of them are beating the HEat in a series if that is what you're asking..

This
Michael_Wilbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #64
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,678
tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board
Default Re: Which EC team will be the biggest disappointment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I saw your SF play with the Nets, and your C play with the Nets too before. Neither is new. I don't agree with the "same team" because everyone might fit together better plus your bench is different, but you don't have a new center nor a new small forward.
Deron and Lopez have never been in tune with one another because the first year Deron was constantly hurt and pissed about being cast away to NJ on a shit team. And then obviously last year brook was hurt the entire year.

Honestly I dont even think Brook and Deron by themselves would make that deadly of a combo. Lopez is too slow to run a good PnR by himself and he doesnt make decisions quick enough when he gets the ball(cuz hes just slow as shit). BUT when you add multiple other threats around these two it makes Lopez have to do less work and gives Deron other people to swing it to. The first year Dwill and lopez ran with each other we had farmar, travis outlaw, petro, humphries etc alongside the 1-2 combo. So Deron was either going to toss it to lopez or throw up a contested shot. Teams converged on them easily because of the predictability of what they were going to do since the rest of the team was pure garbage offensively.

Now we have Joe Johnson spotting up and cutting on the wings, and gerald Wallace who is also a good slasher and impactful offensive player to compliment the Lopez/Dwill PnR. And our bench is more stacked than its ever been with goiod vets and a very good offensive 6th man.

It's the total dynamic dude.. you wanna say oh we saw brook and dwill together for 2 months, we saw wallace and dwill together for two months, all thats new is Joe johnson.. Nah, because now all FOUR of them will be playing TOGETHER for the FIRST time.

You would think a knick fan would understand this with all the injuries and trades your team has also had and that having a half full squad means nothing. You want to add the pieces up 1+2+3+4, but when your talking about a team and players feeding off of each others strengths its multiplication not addition.

Not to mention Deron locked up with us so its do or die for his career now in a brand new stadium/arena/environment.. his motivation is as high as it will ever get.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #65
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,847
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Which EC team will be the biggest disappointment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Deron and Lopez have never been in tune with one another because the first year Deron was constantly hurt and pissed about being cast away to NJ on a shit team. And then obviously last year brook was hurt the entire year.

Honestly I dont even think Brook and Deron by themselves would make that deadly of a combo. Lopez is too slow to run a good PnR by himself and he doesnt make decisions quick enough when he gets the ball(cuz hes just slow as shit). BUT when you add multiple other threats around these two it makes Lopez have to do less work and gives Deron other people to swing it to. The first year Dwill and lopez ran with each other we had farmar, travis outlaw, petro, humphries etc alongside the 1-2 combo. So Deron was either going to toss it to lopez or throw up a contested shot. Teams converged on them easily because of the predictability of what they were going to do since the rest of the team was pure garbage offensively.

Now we have Joe Johnson spotting up and cutting on the wings, and gerald Wallace who is also a good slasher and impactful offensive player to compliment the Lopez/Dwill PnR. And our bench is more stacked than its ever been with goiod vets and a very good offensive 6th man.

It's the total dynamic dude.. you wanna say oh we saw brook and dwill together for 2 months, we saw wallace and dwill together for two months, all thats new is Joe johnson.. Nah, because now all FOUR of them will be playing TOGETHER for the FIRST time.

You would think a knick fan would understand this with all the injuries and trades your team has also had and that having a half full squad means nothing. You want to add the pieces up 1+2+3+4, but when your talking about a team and players feeding off of each others strengths its multiplication not addition.

Not to mention Deron locked up with us so its do or die for his career now in a brand new stadium/arena/environment.. his motivation is as high as it will ever get.

I don't disagree with you, i just said i can see why people question when you say "the Nets have a brand new team". It's like if i expected Amare to be a much better fit with Melo this year, they didn't play together much last year, if i said "we have a new PF" it wouldn't sound right. That's all.

I think the Nets are somewhere between 3 and 7 like i said. I don't think i've ever said differently. I kind of get the impression Net fans think they will be 3 though 100% and not 7. The two things i think are possible that could push you more toward 7 than 3 are Brook's foot, and JJ not meshing as well as you think. JJ's game is not off the ball at all anymore. It's creating with the ball. He needs to change, and players often have issues with that.

Plus i've always said from day 1 you can't judge Deron for the last two years because to be perfectly blunt, he didn't give a **** if they won or lost most nights.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #66
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,678
tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board
Default Re: Which EC team will be the biggest disappointment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I don't disagree with you, i just said i can see why people question when you say "the Nets have a brand new team". It's like if i expected Amare to be a much better fit with Melo this year, they didn't play together much last year, if i said "we have a new PF" it wouldn't sound right. That's all.

I think the Nets are somewhere between 3 and 7 like i said. I don't think i've ever said differently. I kind of get the impression Net fans think they will be 3 though 100% and not 7. The two things i think are possible that could push you more toward 7 than 3 are Brook's foot, and JJ not meshing as well as you think. JJ's game is not off the ball at all anymore. It's creating with the ball. He needs to change, and players often have issues with that.

Plus i've always said from day 1 you can't judge Deron for the last two years because to be perfectly blunt, he didn't give a **** if they won or lost most nights.
I agree with your prediction.. Nets will finish 4 or 5 imo because of their tough division. Maybe even worse if Boston comes out very good which they most likely will with Rondo plus all that offensive firepower they added. Terry is going to light it up on that team.

But the amare example.. I dont agree with. Amare and Melo have played with each other for like triple the amount of games Deron and Brook have and they simply dont fit together. Amare gets straight tunnel vision when he catches it in the high post. It's shoot, jab step or drive. Melo's actually very similar except hes way better at it and knows how to pass at least decently. I remember Amare was a beast that fiurst half of the season two years ago.. it was awesome watching him take over games as the man. Once Melo came to town though he hasnt been able to capture that confidence again and they just dont work well together.

Only way it will work is if they get a PG that can run a good PnR with Amare to get him involved and kick it to Melo if the D converges. That would balance your offensive dynamic out. Maybe felton/kidd combo can do it.. well see.

But that is a fit issue.. Brook and Deron is a straight injury issue. They fit together fine. Brook doesnt take anything away from Deron and he is perfectly capable of just catching the ball off of others people's work and shooting soft floaters and jumpers all day. They dont have clashing playstyles at all.

And then adding Wallace and JJ from the start? Thats a totally different team.

Deron/farmar
Brooks
James/Graham
Humphries
Petro/Williams

to --->

Deron/Taylor
Joe Johnson/Brooks
Wallace
Humphries/Evans
Lopez

isnt a new team? It's a completely different bench a new starting SG, a new starting SF, and a new starting C from what we put out last year and all three of them are major major upgrades.. not to mention were in a new city and arena. It isnt just Joe Johnson.. thats a joke.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #67
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,847
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Which EC team will be the biggest disappointment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
I agree with your prediction.. Nets will finish 4 or 5 imo because of their tough division. Maybe even worse if Boston comes out very good which they most likely will with Rondo plus all that offensive firepower they added. Terry is going to light it up on that team.

But the amare example.. I dont agree with. Amare and Melo have played with each other for like triple the amount of games Deron and Brook have and they simply dont fit together. Amare gets straight tunnel vision when he catches it in the high post. It's shoot, jab step or drive. Melo's actually very similar except hes way better at it and knows how to pass at least decently. I remember Amare was a beast that fiurst half of the season two years ago.. it was awesome watching him take over games as the man. Once Melo came to town though he hasnt been able to capture that confidence again and they just dont and wont work well together.

Only way it will work is if they get a PG that can run a good PnR with Amare to get him involved and kick it to Melo if the D converges. That would balance your offensive dynamic out. Maybe felton/kidd combo can do it.. well see.

But that is a fit issue.. Brook and Deron is a straight injury issue. They fit together fine. Brook doesnt take anything away from Deron and he is perfectly capable of just catching the ball off of others people's work and shooting soft floaters and jumpers all day. They dont have clashing playstyles at all.

And then adding Wallace and JJ from the start? Thats a totally different team.

Deron/farmar
Brooks
James/Graham
Humphries
Petro/Williams

to --->

Deron/Taylor
Joe Johnson/Brooks
Wallace
Humphries/Evans
Lopez

isnt a new team? It's a completely different bench a new starting SG, a new starting SF, and a new starting C from what we put out last year and all three of them are major major upgrades.. not to mention were in a new city and arena. It isnt just Joe Johnson.. thats a joke.

it's semantics, people are saying all the players were there except JJ, you are saying it should be looked at different, it comes down to what you think they will do ultimately. (and health) Hopefully you don't follow the Knicks because we neither meshed nor had good health.

The Nets TV commercials btw have huge little brother syndrome. They mention the Knicks like 5 times. They show quotes from net reporters saying "THEY COULD BE THE BEST TEAM IN NY!" "BETTER THAN THAT OTHER TEAM IN NY" If the Nets goal is to be better than the Knicks god bless, but not sure that works out. The Knicks goal is not to be better than the Nets. (not that we will reach it...)
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #68
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,678
tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board
Default Re: Which EC team will be the biggest disappointment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
it's semantics, people are saying all the players were there except JJ, you are saying it should be looked at different, it comes down to what you think they will do ultimately. (and health) Hopefully you don't follow the Knicks because we neither meshed nor had good health.

The Nets TV commercials btw have huge little brother syndrome. They mention the Knicks like 5 times. They show quotes from net reporters saying "THEY COULD BE THE BEST TEAM IN NY!" "BETTER THAN THAT OTHER TEAM IN NY" If the Nets goal is to be better than the Knicks god bless, but not sure that works out. The Knicks goal is not to be better than the Nets. (not that we will reach it...)
I know its just semantics.. but its pure ignorance. It just annoys me cuz I watched the shit team we put out to start last years season, and now I can see that our current team is infinitely better. If brook goes down? well suck a lot more. 7-8 seed contention. Because then we would have zero offensive big man threats and the spacing on the perimeter would become jammed again. But with Brook? the team is just going to flow. Pray to god there isnt an injury to him.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #69
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,847
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Which EC team will be the biggest disappointment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
I know its just semantics.. but its pure ignorance. It just annoys me cuz I watched the shit team we put out to start last years season, and now I can see that our current team is infinitely better. If brook goes down? well suck a lot more. 7-8 seed contention. Because then we would have zero offensive big man threats and the spacing on the perimeter would become jammed again. But with Brook? the team is just going to flow. Pray to god there isnt an injury to him.
I remember btw saying last year there is no way the Nets should bring him back because you get other injuries compensating coming off stress related injuries, and the Net fans (others) put their heads in the sand because they wanted to showcase him for Howard. Well he came back and got hurt. The Nets said it's unrelated but Wojo said it was a second stress related injury. Pretty stupid to rush back a young center just in case you can trade him.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:51 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy