Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #31
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation
Default Re: Which EC team will be the biggest disappointment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUPE_1911
Kidd is older and was signed to be a backup. He may end up starting if Felton is not living up to expectations but I honestly think Felton should be okay.
When Kidd signed the Knicks thought they still had Jeremy Lin. And while Jeremy Lin sucks he makes the team money so they would have started him. No way will they start Felton. No one gives a **** about Felton.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #32
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
When Kidd signed the Knicks thought they still had Jeremy Lin. And while Jeremy Lin sucks he makes the team money so they would have started him. No way will they start Felton. No one gives a **** about Felton.
They are going to start Felton. Finish with him is another story but he will start. Kidd can't play that many minutes, starting him to pull him 5 minutes in doesn't make sense.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #33
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
They are going to start Felton. Finish with him is another story but he will start. Kidd can't play that many minutes, starting him to pull him 5 minutes in doesn't make sense.
I guess maybe in the regular season. But Kidd can't play with the bench players. Kidd and Amare would be a pretty good combo. The starters need a guy like Kidd to set them straight.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #34
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I guess maybe in the regular season. But Kidd can't play with the bench players. Kidd and Amare would be a pretty good combo. The starters need a guy like Kidd to set them straight.

I think he will, just in less minutes and not as a starter. The last 5 minutes is when it's most important, not first five.

This is assuming Felton plays ok. If he does not, then all bets are off.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #35
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Brooklyn will be the worst of the ones you mention, which shouldn't come as a surprise or a disappointment. They're a 22-23 win team that added Joe Johnson. That's not reinventing the wheel.

Philly will be improved with Bynum, though it will take time for a group of young players who have played one way under Collins for a couple years to change the way they approach the game. Could conceivably not win many more games, but be more dangerous in the post season.

Knicks have the misfortune of their fan base, who seem to think something about this franchise has been relevant over the last 3 decades. Aside from their willingness to overspend on FA, they haven't done much of anything. Every win will be overblown. They're still no better than a second round playoff team.

My pick for most disappointing? Chicago. Rose coming off injury, and a team that at least offensively has gotten it done with smoke & mirrors the last two years. I think they could be in for a rude awakening.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #36
NYK_Stan
I airball my layups

NYK_Stan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
People do realize that felton is a starting quality pg right? He certainly never lived up to his hype coming out of college, but he's not a scrub

at some of the posters on this board
NYK_Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #37
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYK_Stan
People do realize that felton is a starting quality pg right? He certainly never lived up to his hype coming out of college, but he's not a scrub

at some of the posters on this board
Felton just isn't the type of guy who can make that starting 5 work. Melo is selfish and so is Amare. Felton strikes me as another scoring option. They don't need him to start. Maybe they could use his scoring off the bench. I know Felton is good and should start for some teams. He just doesn't seem needed on the Knicks starting 5. They need a veteran to baby sit Melo and Amare.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #38
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Philly.

The Nets will at least be exciting and better. They won't be a top 4 team and are probably a 1st round exit, but they will be new, exciting, and better so they won't be a disappointment.

Knicks will be better. They won't be better then the Heat, Celtics, Pacers, or healthy Bulls, but they won't have as much inconsistency and they will have more veteran leadership and depth.

Philly is depending way too much on Bynum. I'm hearing things like they will be a top 3 team in the East which is crazy IMO. And I really doubt Bynum with much more responsibility will be able to hold up physically.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #39
usdmef9
Celtics-Bears-Dodgers

usdmef9 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Felton just isn't the type of guy who can make that starting 5 work. Melo is selfish and so is Amare. Felton strikes me as another scoring option. They don't need him to start. Maybe they could use his scoring off the bench. I know Felton is good and should start for some teams. He just doesn't seem needed on the Knicks starting 5. They need a veteran to baby sit Melo and Amare.

This
usdmef9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #40
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Detroit.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #41
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Detroit.

??? why's that? i dont think anyone expects them to make it to the playoffs

I'm going with Brooklyn
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #42
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

The Nets will have Lopez this season. The Nets now have Joe Johnson (who is not slow and clumsy, just the worst contract ever). They will have Wallace for the whole season. The bench is better. PLUS, Deron Williams actually wants to play!

Problem is it feels like they're assembled. On paper, with Lopez being healthy and remembering to rebound a little (he only sucked the 1 year out of 3), they more than likely have 4 players who are top 10 in their positions. Wallace is also a terrific rebounding 3 and is everything you should want in a team player.

If Marshon Brooks takes well to being a 6th man, and the team gels...maybe not this season, but these guys are locked down for a few years...they're going to be contending.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #43
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
The Nets will have Lopez this season. The Nets now have Joe Johnson (who is not slow and clumsy, just the worst contract ever). They will have Wallace for the whole season. The bench is better. PLUS, Deron Williams actually wants to play!

Problem is it feels like they're assembled. On paper, with Lopez being healthy and remembering to rebound a little (he only sucked the 1 year out of 3), they more than likely have 4 players who are top 10 in their positions. Wallace is also a terrific rebounding 3 and is everything you should want in a team player.

If Marshon Brooks takes well to being a 6th man, and the team gels...maybe not this season, but these guys are locked down for a few years...they're going to be contending.

Great post. I completely agree.

This team can make Deron an MVP candidate. I predict a 20/13 season from Deron this year. He has never played with as good of a player as Joe. Wallace can earn him two assists per game just off cutting/screens/and running down the court before anyone else.

He averaged 9 last year with Humphries as the other option. Imagine having Joe, Brook, Watson, Gerald, to feed the ball to. I am one excited Net fan.

The East can easily have 5 teams at 50 or more wins this seaosn.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #44
jdm_dc_fan
Local High School Star

jdm_dc_fan has decent reputationjdm_dc_fan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Great post. I completely agree.

This team can make Deron an MVP candidate. I predict a 20/13 season from Deron this year. He has never played with as good of a player as Joe. Wallace can earn him two assists per game just off cutting/screens/and running down the court before anyone else.

He averaged 9 last year with Humphries as the other option. Imagine having Joe, Brook, Watson, Gerald, to feed the ball to. I am one excited Net fan.

The East can easily have 5 teams at 50 or more wins this seaosn.

jdm_dc_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #45
LikeABosh
Banned

LikeABosh is starting to rub some people the wrong way

For the team's fans, it will be the Knicks. It will be another year of stupid hype and another year of disappointment as they lose in the 1st round or even miss the playoffs. Any rational fan knows they are nothing but mediocre.
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: