Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #16
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please

hawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Which EC team will be the biggest disappointment?

I think the Nets will be the biggest disappointment, I can't wait for all of Brooklyn to turn on Joe Johnson after watching his slow old ass bumble around the court chucking up mid-range jumpers for a month.
hawksdogsbraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #17
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

I think New York is going to shock a lot of people this year. You can't look at that roster and not imagine good things.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #18
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
Brooklyn

People are saying they can be the 2nd/3rd best team in the East. Remember this team is near the bottom of the standings, and honestly adding 1 man (Joe Johnson) isnt going to make them much better. They gotta build some chemistry and instill some winning attitude before we can take them seriously. I expect them to make the playoffs as a 6th seed (or somewhere along 5-8).
No one is saying that at all. I hear 5ish just like you predicted.

And there's a lot more than JJ coming back this year.. a shitload more.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #19
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Philly
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #20
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
No one is saying that at all. I hear 5ish just like you predicted.

And there's a lot more than JJ coming back this year.. a shitload more.
Is this like the Skip Bayless moment? We got TIAGO SPLITTER.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #21
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
Is this like the Skip Bayless moment? We got TIAGO SPLITTER.
Do you know how much of an upgrade it is to go from Johan Petro to Brook Lopez? It's like the difference between prime Shaq and Elden Campbell.. Im not even exxagerating. That plus a full season of..

Gerald Wallace
Joe Johnson
and a vastly improved bench

will greatly bring out the beast in Dwill. Every net fan could see the lack of motivation in him when his best player all year was marshon brooks.. now Marshon is his 4th best player. Nets will finish better than the knicks.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #22
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

The Knicks.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #23
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

NYK, as always.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #24
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
The Knicks.
Why?
Old 08-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #25
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Do you know how much of an upgrade it is to go from Johan Petro to Brook Lopez? It's like the difference between prime Shaq and Elden Campbell.. Im not even exxagerating. That plus a full season of..

Gerald Wallace
Joe Johnson
and a vastly improved bench

will greatly bring out the beast in Dwill. Every net fan could see the lack of motivation in him when his best player all year was marshon brooks.. now Marshon is his 4th best player. Nets will finish better than the knicks.
Meh I'd bet good money they don't finish better then the Knicks. Dwill and Joe Johnson are overrated. Joe Johnson is over paid and undeserving. No way is this roster comparable to the Knicks. A couple of "stars" big deal. Give me Kidd, Shumpert, Melo, Amare and Chandler any day. It's JASON KIDD.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #26
NUPE_1911
I brick open layups

NUPE_1911 has an OK reputation so far

I don't get the anti-knick agenda.

Lets take things into perspective.

1) Melo and Chandler just finished up at the Olympics which means they should start the season at peak shape. Melo played extremely well.

2) Amar'e is actually healthy unlike last year and should start the season at peak shape.

3) The Knicks finished the last 1/4 of the year with the top ranked defense, finished 18-6 and have a coach who has proven to be great during the regular season.

4) The Knicks now have adequate backups that at the very least will play good defense (Kidd & Camby and Brewer).

5) The Knicks still have a ton of outside shooting.

6) Felton won't score like Lin but Felton will turn the ball over substantially less and will play better defense than Lin.

We will see how things turn out. I believe the Knicks will win in the range of 50 games.
NUPE_1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #27
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

how do u predict disappointment?
Bigsmoke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #28
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUPE_1911
I don't get the anti-knick agenda.

Lets take things into perspective.

1) Melo and Chandler just finished up at the Olympics which means they should start the season at peak shape. Melo played extremely well.

2) Amar'e is actually healthy unlike last year and should start the season at peak shape.

3) The Knicks finished the last 1/4 of the year with the top ranked defense, finished 18-6 and have a coach who has proven to be great during the regular season.

4) The Knicks now have adequate backups that at the very least will play good defense (Kidd & Camby and Brewer).

5) The Knicks still have a ton of outside shooting.

6) Felton won't score like Lin but Felton will turn the ball over substantially less and will play better defense than Lin.

We will see how things turn out. I believe the Knicks will win in the range of 50 games.
Kidd is a back up to FELTON? That can't be true.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #29
WockaVodka
Banned

WockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputation

Knicks, as always.
WockaVodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #30
NUPE_1911
I brick open layups

NUPE_1911 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
Kidd is a back up to FELTON? That can't be true.

Kidd is older and was signed to be a backup. He may end up starting if Felton is not living up to expectations but I honestly think Felton should be okay.
NUPE_1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: