Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #16
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist
 
2LeTTeRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: www.twitter.com/EsquireSports
Posts: 6,653
2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The official Antawn Jamison sucks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
It was Lebron's fault.


But seriously, the Lakers aren't asking Jamison to be their 3rd or even 4th best player.

Obviously Jamison doesn't suck, but just needed to say something negative about him since gave us hope by saying he wanted to come home to Charlotte during the season only to sign with the Lakers.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #17
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,967
BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: The official Antawn Jamison sucks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
As far as I remember the only laker threads I started were me thinking OKC was better and one saying Dwight wouldn't be happy being a 3rd option. Honestly it's not like I'd be upset if Jamison performed well, I'm just predicting that he won't. It's not like his success will ruin my life.

Any and everyone on this board who has become acquainted with your posts knows you are a Kobe and Laker hater. You know you would be upset if he performed well, because that would mean the Lakers are progressing as a team, and solidifying a weakness. You made the Dwight thread because you have great disdain that he found himself on the Lakers, and wish and hope that he doesn't resign, using the "he won't be happy as a third option" statement as an imaginary vehicle to that end - despite the fact that no knowledgeable person claimed Dwight would be the third option.

Your agenda is clear to us all, so why pretend to mask it?
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #18
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar
 
KyrieTheFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,424
KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation
Default Re: The official Antawn Jamison sucks thread

Holy **** I just double checked all the numbers from your bench, points allowed etc...I apologize for this thread. He won't be good per say but god damn he'll be an improvement
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #19
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar
 
KyrieTheFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,424
KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation
Default Re: The official Antawn Jamison sucks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
Any and everyone on this board who has become acquainted with your posts knows you are a Kobe and Laker hater. You know you would be upset if he performed well, because that would mean the Lakers are progressing as a team, and solidifying a weakness. You made the Dwight thread because you have great disdain that he found himself on the Lakers, and wish and hope that he doesn't resign, using the "he won't be happy as a third option" statement as an imaginary vehicle to that end - despite the fact that no knowledgeable person claimed Dwight would be the third option.

Your agenda is clear to us all, so why pretend to mask it?
I'm a Kobe hater not a Laker hater. Dwight can win 15 titles with the Lakers for all I care once Kobe leaves (just so long as they don't beat the cavs ). I went to highschool in LA Kobe fans made it impossible to root for him.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #20
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year
 
coin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,636
coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: The official Antawn Jamison sucks thread

Great addition to the bench... Lakers bench last season was
Just fkn pathetic. The ammount of leads they blew was embarassing. Steve Blake Really need to offload that loser...
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #21
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED
 
gasolina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,249
gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: The official Antawn Jamison sucks thread

I actually expect him to do pretty well and average double figures and 20+ minutes off the bench. Chances are he's about the last option the defense is worrying about and will have lots of open looks.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #22
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: The official Antawn Jamison sucks thread

Jamison was on the Cavs. Now he's a 6th man. Your point makes no sense, as there is nothing resembling context or even any points made.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #23
scm5
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,975
scm5 has decent reputation
Default Re: The official Antawn Jamison sucks thread

Jamison is also a player that I could see benefiting from playing with Nash, so there's that.

I don't know how many minutes he'll be playing, but I expect that he will have a significant increase in efficiency numbers.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #24
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: The official Antawn Jamison sucks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
This garbage, that you so cleverly deemed him, is much better than the shit storm we had on our bench last season. So garbage or not, hes improving our 2nd unit.

THIS xInfinity
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #25
KeyNote
KR∆PES
 
KeyNote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pasadena, California
Posts: 628
KeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputation
Default Re: The official Antawn Jamison sucks thread

i'll take the 12 or 13 PPG he'll average off the bench this year

absolutely
KeyNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #26
Smoke117
Barstool Blues
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,105
Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The official Antawn Jamison sucks thread

He does suck and the fact that the laker fans acknowledge this while also acknowledging that he still will make their bench better is hilarious. That goes a long way in saying how truly pathetic your bench was when someone like Jamison is offering hope.

Last edited by Smoke117 : 08-15-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #27
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports
 
All Net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,432
All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The official Antawn Jamison sucks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
He does suck and the fact that the laker fans acknowledge this while also acknowledging that he still make their bench better is hilarious. That goes a long way in saying how truly pathetic your bench was when someone like Jamison is offering hope.

Anybody who watches basketball knows Jamision is a good player. He is still a good scorer and being 6th man instead of being depended on will make him far more capable of shooting a high clip than he did last season.
All Net is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #28
Smoke117
Barstool Blues
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,105
Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The official Antawn Jamison sucks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Anybody who watches basketball knows Jamision is a good player. He is still a good scorer and being 6th man instead of being depended on will make him far more capable of shooting a high clip than he did last season.


How in the hell was averaging 17 pts on 16 shots last season being a "good scorer"? That is being an god damn AWFUL SCORER. Even in those high up tempo Wizards offense's playing with some other talent he was just decent efficient wise. The only season where he was an high efficient scorer was when he came off the bench for Dallas, but that was when he was 27 years old. He will be 36 years old coming off the bench for the Lakers. Laker fans are dreaming. Jamison is an washed up scrub now. The only reason he was even taking 16 shots a game anymore at this point in his career was because he was on the ****ing Cavs.

Last edited by Smoke117 : 08-15-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #29
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports
 
All Net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,432
All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The official Antawn Jamison sucks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
How in the hell was averaging 17 pts on 16 shots last season being a "good scorer"? That is being an god damn AWFUL SCORER. Even in those high up tempo Wizards offense's playing with some other talent he was just decent efficient wise. The only season where he was an high efficient scorer was when he came off the bench for Dallas, but that was when he was 27 years old. He will be 36 years old coming off the bench for the Lakers. Laker fans are dreaming. Jamison is an washed up scrub now. The only reason he was even taking 16 shots a game anymore at this point in his career was because he was on the ****ing Cavs.

Just because he shot 40% doesn't mean he isn't still a good scorer as he clearly is. You only have to watch him and the way he plays. Being one of the main scorers for that team certainly didn't help his % as he was depended on to score more. In LA he will get a ton of open looks next to Nash and the attention Dwight will cause. He will be a good replacement for example when Pau takes a break. Any guy who can give you 20 points on any given game is only going to help us.

No laker fans are dreaming at all here we aren't expecting 20 points a game but giving points off the bench when it's needed which is what Jamison has done for years and for that reason I don't think we will be dissapointed. We don't depend on him like Cavs have done and how wizards did which in theory should make it easier for him.

I guess we will see how it pans out... There is certainly no sure thing that's for sure.

Last edited by All Net : 08-15-2012 at 07:58 PM.
All Net is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #30
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth
 
Crown&Coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LAnd of the Lost
Posts: 3,891
Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board
Default Re: The official Antawn Jamison sucks thread

he's a high character vet, getting paid the minimum

I guess that counts for nil around here
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:42 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy