Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-24-2007, 11:23 PM   #16
jody
High school junior varsity star

jody has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Other than the fact that every one in the media will never let his legend die and he'll be talked about by every white father 20 years from now trying to teach their unathletic chump of a kid how to make a bounce pass, ignoring the fact that their kid is a complete and utter chump.

kind of like how dumb blacks try to tell their kids to stay in school, but they drop out after 10th grade because algebra 1 is too hard for their tiny african brains and besides, their girlfriends are pregnant anyway.

watch the stereotypes my man.
jody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:27 PM   #17
jody
High school junior varsity star

jody has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
Question for the older crowd: Did anyone ever see this potential in Nash?

i'm 30 so i guess i'm the older crowd. but i never saw this potential in nash except for one thing. all the way back in 2001 on the mavericks, nash would make crazy driving shots once in a while. he didn't have to score a lot so he only did it once every couple games, but even then i was surprised nobody else was impressed with some of the moves he made - if a star player had made them, it would have been on sportscenter.
jody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:27 PM   #18
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

nash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i completely agree...he's such a special player...and not just that, he's a great guy...i remember someone saying that he was a really really nice guy even when he was dead drunk....

and he has a charity

and 12 assists per game...

and he's the funnest guy in the league to watch

you gotta admit that
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:34 AM   #19
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
Nash if he wanted could average 25 with 11 if he really wanted.

Im tired of people calling him not athletic.....

Saying Nash is not athletic actually makes his game and dominance look more impressive, don't you think??

For example, you're obviously a Paul Pierce fan, aren't you proud that Pierce is near or on Kobe/Lebron/Wade/Vince/Tmac level despite having maybe 2/3s of their athletism and natural physical gifts? Paul Pierce gets it done with skills.

I actually like it when someone mediocre athletic ability (by nba standards) such as say, Manu Ginobili or Steve Nash destroys a more athletic, naturally gifted player.

GP wasn't too athletic, that's what made me
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:44 AM   #20
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

nothing special about Nash. Glorified Rod Strickland IMO.

He wont be remembered

Worst MVP ever

Dirk is better

*All the above is the stupid shiiit I read on here everyday

congrats Hippo on telling it how it is.

Nahs will be remember, anyone who says he wont is a straight moron.
-but then again a lot of you are.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:10 AM   #21
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

He was awesome in the finals.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:49 AM   #22
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default .

Nah, Dirk was better.

I hear someone coughing...
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:40 AM   #23
NASH = BEST
On Campus Baby ; )

NASH = BEST has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
He's averaging 20/12.

Soon no arguement will be good enough to deny him of three straight MVP's.

He's not a good player in a great system. Simply a great player that can score at will, set people up at will, lead his team on and off the court (which most of the other MVP candidates don't or can't do), etc.

Heck, stats don't even matter. Watch him play and tell me he's not good enough to win the MVP.

I can tell that you are a very smart person,
I give this thread 5 stars!!!!
Nash is on his way to 3 straight MVP's,
The Suns are probably on their way to 38 straight wins,
AND NO DOUBT A FINALS CHAMPIONSHIP
AND NASH WILL BE FINALS MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NASH = BEST is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:55 AM   #24
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Nah, Dirk was better.

cough** Sub 40% shooting**cough **one of 3 teams in the history to ever blow a 2-0 lead in the finals**cough

Sounds like choking to me. Someone get this guy some water!
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:26 AM   #25
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Quote:
Nah, Dirk was better.

You pick the wrong sample.... Drik?
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:25 AM   #26
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

1. Nash should have never won an MVP

2. Nash looks so good because of GMing.. horrible GMing and great GMing

- Horrible GMing because Isiah Thomas traded Stephon Marbury away which allowed the Suns to have extra money to throw at Nash

- Great GMing because Nahs was the final piece of the puzzle that made the Suns and Nahs what they are

Nash's incredibly talented team makes him look better than he is.. that's a product of GMing.. not Nash being an MVP.

If Nash was so great why didn't he look this good on the Mavs? It's because the Mavs didn't have the incredible talent the Suns do.. and they didn't complement Nash as much.. again.. that's GMing.. not Nash.

Last edited by FabCasablancas : 01-25-2007 at 05:41 AM.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:54 AM   #27
jamoore
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jamoore has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
If Nash was so great why didn't he look this good on the Mavs? It's because the Mavs didn't have the incredible talent the Suns do.. and they didn't complement Nash as much.. again.. that's GMing.. not Nash.

Because Nash didn't start to peak until he went to the Suns. It can happen. You don't have to be great from your rookie season on up to be a great player. If that were the case, Gilbert Arenas would be considered a bum.

If you can't admit that Nash makes that entire system and team better, then there is no convincing you that Nash is a great player. Plenty of teams try run and gun offenses, and none of them are as successful as the Suns. Nash is the main reason for this.
jamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:44 AM   #28
FabCasablancas
Banned

Because Nash didn't start to peak until he went to the Suns. It can happen.

It CAN happen.. but it didn't... Nash just happened to go to am team loaded with talent that was stockpiled over the years.. and again.. Isiah's inpetitude was what allowed them to add a third superstar.. not just a third all-star.. a third superstar.. if that wasn't the case I would agree with you. Nash replaced a point guard that is completely selfish and stupid in Marbury.. of course he looks much better and the team functions better. But if the Suns had Kidd they might be a a better team because of his defense. If Nash was as good as people say he is.. plus 2 supeerstars and tons of other talent then why couldn't they get by the Spurs? Why couldn't they get by the Mavs even without Amare?

If you can't admit that Nash makes that entire system and team better, then there is no convincing you that Nash is a great player.

BETTER? Yes.. but his teammates are just as much a part of their success a Nash.. they make Nash look just as good as he makes them look.. it's called a symbiotic relationship.. that's the complete opposite of the MVP concept.. it's called a great team.. it's called great GMIng.. and in the Suns case horrible GMing on the part of Isiah..

Plenty of teams try run and gun offenses, and none of them are as successful as the Suns. Nash is the main reason for this.

Marion being able to rebound at the power forward position. and run the court the way he does.. and play defense agains tmulitple positions is just as big a part of what the Suns can do as Nash is.. that's the point..

Nash's teammates make him look way better than he is.. that's the bottom line.. it's called great chemistry.. Nash just happens to fit that system and players perfectly.. that doesn't make him MVP.. it makes their GM MVP..

Nash is just a flashy player on a flashy -- extremely talented -- team.. and the league is terrible right now..

Last edited by FabCasablancas : 01-25-2007 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:55 AM   #29
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
If Nash was so great why didn't he look this good on the Mavs?
ummm, players can improve you know

Anyway, to Hippos, why didn't you make a less controversial thread about how the Raps are the hottest team in the Eastern conference
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:58 AM   #30
FabCasablancas
Banned

ummm, players can improve you know

Yes.. they can.. but that's not what happened.. Amare and Marion were superstars before Nash even got there..

The MAvs only have one all-star in Dallas.. the Suns have 3 superstars.. not just all-stars...

So somehow Nash is MVP for playing with 2 other all-stars and Dirk has no all-stars around him and he isn't MVP?

It makes ZERO sense. Dirk even went farther than Nash in the playoffs..

Last edited by FabCasablancas : 01-25-2007 at 07:02 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: