Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-24-2007, 11:44 PM   #1
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Thumbs up In case you didn't know this about Nash.

He's averaging 20/12.

Soon no arguement will be good enough to deny him of three straight MVP's.

He's not a good player in a great system. Simply a great player that can score at will, set people up at will, lead his team on and off the court (which most of the other MVP candidates don't or can't do), etc.

Heck, stats don't even matter. Watch him play and tell me he's not good enough to win the MVP.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:48 PM   #2
Kemosabe
High School Varsity 6th Man

Kemosabe has decent reputation

Everytime i see him play he just keeps making something special that amazes me.
He is certainly one of a kind.
I wish he could play for another 10 years...
Kemosabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:49 PM   #3
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Heck, stats don't even matter. Watch him play and tell me he's not good enough to win the MVP
ok.

he's not good enough to win the MVP.

I take that back.

he's not good enough to deserve the MVP.

that has no bearing on whether he will win it or not. he probably will if the Suns keep this up. probably will even if they don't.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:49 PM   #4
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Question for the older crowd:

Did anyone ever see this potential in Nash?
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:50 PM   #5
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Did you guys know Geewiz was the ring leader of the Alliance?
Old 01-24-2007, 11:54 PM   #6
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Three time MVP...

A Legend... who won't really be remembered 10 years from now...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:57 PM   #7
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:

Other than the fact that every one in the media will never let his legend die and he'll be talked about by every white father 20 years from now trying to teach their unathletic chump of a kid how to make a bounce pass, ignoring the fact that their kid is a complete and utter chump.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:02 AM   #8
Manphibian420
very nice

Manphibian420 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Other than the fact that every one in the media will never let his legend die and he'll be talked about by every white father 20 years from now trying to teach their unathletic chump of a kid how to make a bounce pass, ignoring the fact that their kid is a complete and utter chump.

Steve Nash, inspiration to chumps everywhere.
Not sure that's the legacy he's really going for
Manphibian420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:05 AM   #9
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto

No. That's why this is so stunning. Nash was a nice player in Dallas, but never, EVER did anyone consider him NEAR the level of Dirk. Nash also rountinely got destroyed by Bibby in the playoffs. The final year with the Mavs, they underachieved and Nash played only decent, throw in the age factor and it was a logical conclusion that "Nash is going down hill". NO ONE could have expected him to blow up like this. People want to say Mark Cuban was dumb for letting him go, but really, 9 times out of 10 Cuban made the right move.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:07 AM   #10
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

Shaq has one MVP and his name will be around(being talked about by people) for 50+ years. Nash's won't other than the record books.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:09 AM   #11
NYKnicks914
Decent playground baller

NYKnicks914 has decent reputation

and shooting 50% from the field AND from 3...

insane

not to mention near 90% from the line, as usual
NYKnicks914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:18 AM   #12
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

Nash if he wanted could average 25 with 11 if he really wanted.

Im tired of people calling him not athletic.....

He is fast with the ball,and very quick in space.

Hes not Francis explosive but u have to have athletiscm to get to the basket like he can.

Otherwise we would see JAson Kapono dunking on fools.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:18 AM   #13
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto

Sydney Olympics 2000.

Dallas didn't make Nash.

Dirk didn't make Nash.

Phoenix didn't make Nash.

D'antoni didn't make Nash.

He always had it.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:22 AM   #14
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Three time MVP...

You don't think PGs all over the world aren't studying this guy?
There's more tape on this guy than you can imagine. Every under
the basket player in the world can learn from Steve. HOF !!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:22 AM   #15
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

Great shooter and playmaker, looks better then he is because of the system, sad the day he is crowned especially if you saw how good magic, stockton, kg heck prime payton were. Nash in phoenix is like the perfect storm, he has the perfect skillset, the right players around him and a factastic offensive system to highlight the skillset. Top 5 pg alltime? maybe but i dont think so....
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: