Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-16-2012, 01:58 AM   #31
Da Kobester
I brick open layups

Da Kobester has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Mitch Appreciation thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
I hope so too. I'm hoping to see another remake of Enter the Dragon with modern athletic 7 ft guy.
Ahh so so uncle brucey may go all up in KAJ's grill chop chop or don ho's face for that matter in entering the dragon but this D-HO were talkin' bout coz when it's said and done we'd have to rename the movie in this modern day era to puff goes the dragon!
Da Kobester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #32
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Kobester
Ahh so so uncle brucey may go all up in KAJ's grill chop chop or don ho's face for that matter in entering the dragon but this D-HO were talkin' bout coz when it's said and done we'd have to rename the movie in this modern day era to puff goes the dragon!

Ehhh........Kareem was not in Enter the Dragon, he was in Game Of Death with Bruce Lee. Enter the Dragon had Jim Kelly....a favorite of mine at the time, I was furious that he died in the movie, and another fave John Saxon.
No one can touch the skills and presence of Bruce Lee so any remake would be $$$ successful but IMO still be a failure. Probably better if they change the name for a remake.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #33
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
wow hilarious, rep'd for posting it.

So yea as far as this thread I made a post similar to this in 10 when the Lakers beat boston. It was about when Kupchak had signed Artest because even then I (as well as many ppl in the press and otherwise) could see his brilliance for great deals. This thread that I posted claimed that essentially Kupchak was a genus because he had just leveraged an incredibly rock and a hard place position (Ariza wanting more than 8mil per year guaranteed on his contract, seriously?) into freaking signing Artest for the mid-level exception. Anyone else remember that? That for me almost beat the Gasol for peanuts deal because this had come after the media whirlwind that is winning a championship and also in the midst of a huge contract-extension negotiation with Odom. Artest ended up being the difference in the Boston series and arguably MVP of the crucial game 7.

Since then Mitch has some minor (or incredibly minor) blips in the radar in giving Blake 4mil per year (which would have been worth it if Blake was anything like his Portland self) but even still was able to synchronize his contract signings (and i mean all of them, from Kobe and Gasol to Blake and Artest) to all end in 2014, thus still allowing to adjust and retool if necessary. Some of those contracts were written in 2009 (Kobe's). This is also not even considering his recent history, in bringing both nash and howard to town while still retaining Gasol. It's obviously clear that a GM like Mitch is on a level all on his own. Some GMs think a year or two ahead, Mitch seems to be thinking a decade in advance, yet is still able to fine-tune and handle all the day to day (and season to season) adjustments that must be made in order to ensure a successful ballclub.

As a Laker fan I couldn't be more grateful for a GM that clearly knows what he's doing.

Last edited by BlueandGold : 08-16-2012 at 06:23 PM.
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #34
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

I didn't remember how big Mitch was until he stood shoulder to shoulder
with Dwight at the press conference.... He's a big dude in more than one way!

magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #35
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, looking back on it... Mitch is not only a genius but he is also a prophet.. Bynum definitely won't be back until December but I saw a thread that he might need surgery... that would mean his season is over without playing a single minute.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=282077

Looks like Mitch traded Bynum at the perfect time. Damn, imagine if we had Bynum still and we got these news??... Thank god Jimmy Buss stepped back and didn't force Lakers to hold onto Bynum like he has done last few years..

Job well done, Mitch! APPRECIATE THE MAN.

Last edited by bladefd : 11-21-2012 at 07:03 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #36
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Well, looking back on it... Mitch is not only a genius but he is also a prophet.. Bynum definitely won't be back until December but I saw a thread that he might need surgery... that would mean his season is over without playing a single minute.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=282077

Looks like Mitch traded Bynum at the perfect time. Damn, imagine if we had Bynum still and we got these news??... Thank god Jimmy Buss stepped back and didn't force Lakers to hold onto Bynum like he has done last few years..

Job well done, Mitch! APPRECIATE THE MAN.

magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: