Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #16
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Mitch Appreciation thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgamer20o0
he wont. though next year will he really walk away? i am willing to bet he will resign once he is a free agent to get the extra years and money.

Yes you are correct, but isn't is stupid for the NBA to set it up that way?
They say they want guys to stay with their teams.....so why not let them lock it up early instead of after the contract ends? I just don't get the sense in that.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:11 AM   #17
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Yes you are correct, but isn't is stupid for the NBA to set it up that way?
They say they want guys to stay with their teams.....so why not let them lock it up early instead of after the contract ends? I just don't get the sense in that.
It's DFish secret weapon.

What still puzzling is the chemistry. I'm not sure what Dwight is trying to say when he say, Kobe will be Kobe and Dwight will be Dwight...they will be normal...or they won't back down and compromise a little to work together? What would help is if he gets lots of hollywood media attention, movie gig, more local advertising contracts, then we know for sure he won't go anywhere but stay here to get other benefits too
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:01 AM   #18
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
It's DFish secret weapon.

What still puzzling is the chemistry. I'm not sure what Dwight is trying to say when he say, Kobe will be Kobe and Dwight will be Dwight...they will be normal...or they won't back down and compromise a little to work together? What would help is if he gets lots of hollywood media attention, movie gig, more local advertising contracts, then we know for sure he won't go anywhere but stay here to get other benefits too

I'm positive his endorsement deals will go through the roof now.....and movie deals.........He will star in a remake of Kazaam
Old 08-11-2012, 02:50 AM   #19
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I'm positive his endorsement deals will go through the roof now.....and movie deals.........He will star in a remake of Kazaam
I hope so too. I'm hoping to see another remake of Enter the Dragon with modern athletic 7 ft guy.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #20
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

As down as everyone has been on Jim Buss, he has now turned the trade exception in letting Lamar Odom go to Dallas into Nash, Andrew Bynum into Howard and Derek Fisher into Jordan Hill.

"The team has done all that," Buss says, by way of correction, but given Nash's and Howard's back injuries, Howard not even running yet and refusing to say when he will be ready, and the age on Nash and Kobe, might the championship euphoria be premature?

"I absolutely agree," Buss says. "But you don't win by playing it safe; you have to gamble and that's what we've always done. I think if you look at this team now, it's one of the best teams we've ever had."

-- LA Times
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #21
Mgamer20o0
Serious playground baller

Mgamer20o0 has decent reputationMgamer20o0 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
As down as everyone has been on Jim Buss, he has now turned the trade exception in letting Lamar Odom go to Dallas into Nash, Andrew Bynum into Howard and Derek Fisher into Jordan Hill.

"The team has done all that," Buss says, by way of correction, but given Nash's and Howard's back injuries, Howard not even running yet and refusing to say when he will be ready, and the age on Nash and Kobe, might the championship euphoria be premature?

"I absolutely agree," Buss says. "But you don't win by playing it safe; you have to gamble and that's what we've always done. I think if you look at this team now, it's one of the best teams we've ever had."

-- LA Times
jimmy has or the gm?
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #22
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgamer20o0
jimmy has or the gm?

Of course the G.M but Buss does have to approve.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:29 AM   #23
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Honestly, Mitch is great at what he does, but remember it's his job to make the team better. Mitch does a great job but it doesn't surprise me that Lakers are landing all these pieces. He has a huge staff in front office, great ownership, great big market team to work with and a great team in place with a lot of pieces of work with. I am not one bit surprised that we landed Dwight. It has been in the talks for a long time now.

Two things to remember:
1) 16 championships to back it up. Great ownership that has done their homework when hiring their staff over the last few decades.
2) $20 billion tv deal recently and essentially 189$ million being paid just for player salaries next season alone (including regular salary and luxury tax costs) as somebody calculated on general forums. That is almost equal to the YANKEES TOTAL TEAM SALARY (no cap limit in mlb of course but you get my drift)!!

That really is something right there. Lakers can afford all that as opposed to a team like Orlando. This is not good for the small market teams at all. They fought over this and went through lockout over this VERY issue. Every other owner out there must have been extremely bitter yesterday. No wonder fans of 29 other teams out there are enraged over this. Just look at the gloom and doom on the general boards.

This will be the last super-team because the new salary cap rules are coming into play VERY soon. In 3 years from now, overly stacking is finished (unless if people sign for minimum money just to stack for championship). Everything in place for Mitch under current system. It's just willing to go with the gamble, and it's paying off so far.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:49 AM   #24
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

To think.
5 years ago, everybody on this board called him cupcake and wanted him fired.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:14 AM   #25
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have given Mitch a lot of credit over these past few seasons. What I'd like to do is congratulate the entire lakers' front office for being on the same page for a while now. Something that always hadn't been the case. Take for example when Kobe had demanded a trade (what feels like forever ago). During that time you had Phil, Jim, Jeanie, and Mitch all saying different things about what the organization had wanted to do.

Nowadays this isn't the case. Jim Buss has now proven he has what it takes to be a competent owner. The trick now is to see if he has the smarts to save money once Kobe, Pau, Nash, and all those guys hang it up. Part one was getting Dwight. Check. Part two is getting Dwight to stay. Part three will be building around Dwight. Only then will we be able to tell just how good these guys are at maintaining.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #26
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I have given Mitch a lot of credit over these past few seasons. What I'd like to do is congratulate the entire lakers' front office for being on the same page for a while now. Something that always hadn't been the case. Take for example when Kobe had demanded a trade (what feels like forever ago). During that time you had Phil, Jim, Jeanie, and Mitch all saying different things about what the organization had wanted to do.

Nowadays this isn't the case. Jim Buss has now proven he has what it takes to be a competent owner. The trick now is to see if he has the smarts to save money once Kobe, Pau, Nash, and all those guys hang it up. Part one was getting Dwight. Check. Part two is getting Dwight to stay. Part three will be building around Dwight. Only then will we be able to tell just how good these guys are at maintaining.

ignoring my post.

i see what you did there.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #27
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
ignoring my post.

i see what you did there.

LOL I honestly didn't..
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #28
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Two things to remember:
1) 16 championships to back it up. Great ownership that has done their homework when hiring their staff over the last few decades.
2) $20 billion tv deal recently and essentially 189$ million being paid just for player salaries next season alone (including regular salary and luxury tax costs) as somebody calculated on general forums. That is almost equal to the YANKEES TOTAL TEAM SALARY (no cap limit in mlb of course but you get my drift)!!

That really is something right there. Lakers can afford all that as opposed to a team like Orlando. This is not good for the small market teams at all. They fought over this and went through lockout over this VERY issue. Every other owner out there must have been extremely bitter yesterday. No wonder fans of 29 other teams out there are enraged over this. Just look at the gloom and doom on the general boards.

This will be the last super-team because the new salary cap rules are coming into play VERY soon. In 3 years from now, overly stacking is finished (unless if people sign for minimum money just to stack for championship). Everything in place for Mitch under current system. It's just willing to go with the gamble, and it's paying off so far.

Question for all:

Are the new cap rules going to make it harder or easier for small market
teams to compete??? Seems like the Lakers have the cash to pay the tax,
where other won't....
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #29
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
Question for all:

Are the new cap rules going to make it harder or easier for small market
teams to compete??? Seems like the Lakers have the cash to pay the tax,
where other won't....

Here is the con game that the NBA is involved in:

Owners complained that the "Big Market" teams have an unfair advantage and begged to be compensated from the teams who go over the cap......the real truth is that most of those teams have no desire to win a championship, they just made a smart move to get free money......why do you think they also have a Minimum Payroll requirement attached to the CBA. Those teams are just in it to make a nice profit.
The Spurs and Thunder are proof that if you really want to compete for a title you can.

The owners under the cap enjoy free money......don't we all
Old 08-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #30
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Man...

we got to give them HUGE props.
They got screwed over last year...Odom screamed like a little b*tch and they traded him for what appeared to be nothing.

We all scratched are collective heads....and not look.

They made the TPE in to Nash and Bynum became Howard.
Plus they added Jamison and Meeks to our bench...that right there was HUGE.

Great job guys...wow...all these moves mean...PIPE DREAMS REALIZED!!!! lol
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: