Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #76
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: See Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move

To the Cavs fan who keeps asking a question I've answered. IF Bynum doesnt resign in Philly? 3 options...

1. They can stink and play lottery like your Cavs are doing
2. They can use cap space by the cash freed up + expirers like Hawes/Kwame to sign or trade for a player.
3. Bynum decides that he wants max money which is what Sixers can offer (the most) and stays.

Either way the Sixers were not going anywhere had they kept Iguodala. So take a gamble on Bynum which makes you a better team than with Iggy and go from there. We've had Iggy how long and what became of the Sixers? Use your brain.

Now are you going to ignore whats typed and asked a question that was already answered? Wait and see like Bynum staying in Philly which is a year away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofthemack
anyone who calls themselves a cavs fan should take that trade strait up. but first round pick, cap space and tristan? no thanks

So you wouldnt trade cap space, Thompson, first rd pick for Bynum??? You're nuts.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #77
jbryan1984
Good college starter

jbryan1984 is considered somewhat cooljbryan1984 is considered somewhat cool

We were just trying to help everybody out. And to be honest, nobody knows why the deal didn't go through but it was on the table. I think most would agree though that Orlando was getting a better package in the Lakers/Cavs 3 way deal then the one that happened.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #78
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Not hold onto this unproven talent because you value your assets way too highly. Maybe when your teams balls drop you'll make a gutsy move like the Sixers did. Enjoy rebuilding tho.

All that happened was:

1. The Sixers got lucky in that the Magic agreed to a stupid deal.
2. The Sixers got lucky again that all they had to give up was Iggy, some scrubs and a first round pick (protected).

It was luck more than anything else.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #79
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
All that happened was:

2. The Sixers got lucky again that all they had to give up was Iggy, some scrubs and a first round pick (protected).

watch out. youre gonna get berated by angry GOBB posts.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #80
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
watch out. youre gonna get berated by angry GOBB posts.

Maybe, but he knows it's true.
The Sixers didn't have to give up Holiday, Turner, Young or anything else.
Iggy is a quality player, but he's not a franchise player.
The Sixers made out like bandits.
They should be the top contender to the Heat this year in the East and could beat the Heat if their young players improve.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #81
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Maybe, but he knows it's true.
The Sixers didn't have to give up Holiday, Turner, Young or anything else.
Iggy is a quality player, but he's not a franchise player.
The Sixers made out like bandits.
They should be the top contender to the Heat this year in the East and could beat the Heat if their young players improve.

agreed. the main piece they gave up was iggy, who they supposedly have been shopping around the last couple of seasons (possibly to let turner develop) and they end up with bynum. granted, it is an unextended bynum, but hes still the 2nd best center in the league nonetheless
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #82
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
All that happened was:

Sixers gave up scrubs? Vucevic was a rookie last season. He showed a nice face up game. Lacks strength to hold position against physical, stronger players. That could come with time. Moe Harkless hasnt played one minute. How can you label either scrubs? More unproven if anything.

Andre Iguodala arguably best perimeter defender in the NBA, one of the best all around players in the NBA. Iggy, Vucevic (last drafts first rd pick), Moe Harkless (this past first rd pick) plus ate a bad contract for Bynum who may not resign. I'm not going to say the Sixers gave up the best value a team could have but they didnt give up Iggy and scrubs either. Risky move which I accept because if it doesnt work out? Sixers can play lottery. Something fans like myself have been screaming for but guys like Iggy denied such a chance to do it.

You can call it luck. But you are mad Sixers shyt on Hawks.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #83
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Ohhhh no we can't give up Andy V for Bynum

Damn you guts overvalue your players. Such a shame.
Who said we couldn't give up Andy V? Why are you acting like a moron?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #84
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Btw, GOBB, if memory serves, you wanted us to give up Varejao, Tristan Thompson, Waiters, virtually all of our draft picks in the next couple years (unprotected) and take on all their cap space.

That is absolutely WAY far beyond anything the Sixers have given up.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #85
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Btw, GOBB, if memory serves, you wanted us to give up Varejao, Tristan Thompson, Waiters, virtually all of our draft picks in the next couple years (unprotected) and take on all their cap space.

That is absolutely WAY far beyond anything the Sixers have given up.

No I said I would do what it took to get Bynum and if it meant giving up that I would have. I never said I wanted Cleveland to give it up voluntarily. You misread.

The discussion was me laughing at the idea that Anmdy V and draft picks was more than enough and to not budge offering anything else. I said IF the holdup to a deal was Orlando wanting Thompson then give him up. I even said if Orlando would have requested Waiters as well? Give it up, risky as hell but roll the dice. Because YOU showed me woj article after I said Bynum wouldnt resign "Cleveland is on his lists of teams to play for". So having heard you throw that in my face a few times I said then you shouldnt care about what was asked.

I dont know what Orlando was asking for in that rumored deal. Its all hypothetical. But my position is I wouldnt be hesistant to include other prospect or prospects if need be. You were totally against that. I never said Cleveland go to Orlando and say "take all u want plus give us bad contracts we just want Bynum".

Sixers gave up Moe Harkless. He could become Josh Smith with a jumper. I couldnt care less. Iggy is a better player than Andy V. Again I dont care he was added. Same with Vucevic and future first. Which could be low, coluld be lottery barring Bynum decision. Sixers took a risk, I'm all aboard. Cavs should have pressed hard to land Bynum and saw what was asked in return.

Tristan Thompson is wanted? Goodbye.

Irving/Bynum trumps this "i love our future outlook of prospects and cap space" you have going. It'll be hard to land marquee free agents no matter how much space you have. It'll be thru draft or trade. Irving came thru draft, Bynum would have been thru trade.

DukeDelonte is the one who didnt want to give up Andy V because he was concerned of Bynum being a 1yr rental. I said its retarded. Andy V is replacable. He's no player that you think about when it comes to potentially landing Bynum. Trying to guess Bynum mind 1yr from now is dumb. So play scared, Sixers had balls and went for it.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #86
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

Quote:
Sixers gave up scrubs? Vucevic was a rookie last season. He showed a nice face up game. Lacks strength to hold position against physical, stronger players. That could come with time. Moe Harkless hasnt played one minute. How can you label either scrubs? More unproven if anything.

Andre Iguodala arguably best perimeter defender in the NBA, one of the best all around players in the NBA. Iggy, Vucevic (last drafts first rd pick), Moe Harkless (this past first rd pick) plus ate a bad contract for Bynum who may not resign. I'm not going to say the Sixers gave up the best value a team could have but they didnt give up Iggy and scrubs either. Risky move which I accept because if it doesnt work out? Sixers can play lottery. Something fans like myself have been screaming for but guys like Iggy denied such a chance to do it.

You can call it luck. But you are mad Sixers shyt on Hawks.

Where would you rank Vucecic and Harkless at their positions? Are they potential All-Stars?

Otherwise, then yea, the Sixers gave up one All-Star and two scrubs and a lottery protected pick for one of the best centers in the league.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #87
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
No I said I would do what it took to get Bynum and if it meant giving up that I would have. I never said I wanted Cleveland to give it up voluntarily. You misread.

The discussion was me laughing at the idea that Anmdy V and draft picks was more than enough and to not budge offering anything else. I said IF the holdup to a deal was Orlando wanting Thompson then give him up. I even said if Orlando would have requested Waiters as well? Give it up, risky as hell but roll the dice. Because YOU showed me woj article after I said Bynum wouldnt resign "Cleveland is on his lists of teams to play for". So having heard you throw that in my face a few times I said then you shouldnt care about what was asked.

I dont know what Orlando was asking for in that rumored deal. Its all hypothetical. But my position is I wouldnt be hesistant to include other prospect or prospects if need be. You were totally against that. I never said Cleveland go to Orlando and say "take all u want plus give us bad contracts we just want Bynum".

Sixers gave up Moe Harkless. He could become Josh Smith with a jumper. I couldnt care less. Iggy is a better player than Andy V. Again I dont care he was added. Same with Vucevic and future first. Which could be low, coluld be lottery barring Bynum decision. Sixers took a risk, I'm all aboard. Cavs should have pressed hard to land Bynum and saw what was asked in return.

Tristan Thompson is wanted? Goodbye.

Irving/Bynum trumps this "i love our future outlook of prospects and cap space" you have going. It'll be hard to land marquee free agents no matter how much space you have. It'll be thru draft or trade. Irving came thru draft, Bynum would have been thru trade.

DukeDelonte is the one who didnt want to give up Andy V because he was concerned of Bynum being a 1yr rental. I said its retarded. Andy V is replacable. He's no player that you think about when it comes to potentially landing Bynum. Trying to guess Bynum mind 1yr from now is dumb. So play scared, Sixers had balls and went for it.
Andy V was never the sticking point for the VAST majority of Cavs fans. The sticking point was always giving up too much for someone who may bolt after one season... And the "too much" was always either Thompson or Waiters or possibly even a combination of the two.

And, that is the same reason that the package which ended up landing Bynum/Howard was so underwhelming. GMs aren't going to line up to throw away their future assets in order to land a guy who may be there one season.

Don't get it twisted... Even as little (yes, little) as the Sixers gave up, this is still a risky move. With his injury history and one year remaining on his contract, this move could damage a franchise... Although the Sixers minimized their risk by giving up so little.

Moving the 4th pick in consecutive drafts, unprotected future 1sts and all of our cap space was risking basically everything on Bynum... Which was rightly likely not even considered. We'll see where these two franchises are in a few years and then we can return to this discussion.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 08-10-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #88
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
All that happened was:

Yes I'm sure it was all luck and had nothing to do with good GMing. There are lots of teams in the NBA that could have taken advantage of the Dwight situation but the Sixers were somehow "lucky"
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #89
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

The fresh prince will make sure Bynum resigns in Philly
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #90
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Where would you rank Vucecic and Harkless at their positions? Are they potential All-Stars?

Otherwise, then yea, the Sixers gave up one All-Star and two scrubs and a lottery protected pick for one of the best centers in the league.

Wait so if Vucevic isnt an All Star then he is a scrub? Nice logic. Honestly I dont see him as a potential all star. He can be a good Center. A player he was compared too was Okur. I dont think he'll ever develop the 3pt range of Okur but Okur was not a future All Star. But he was a solid starter. Something Vucevic could become. You think thats a scrub? Ok.

Moe Harkless? Who knows. How can you sit there and claim he isnt all star potential therefore a scrub? Mind boggling. Atleast with Vucevic you can make the argument he went higher in the draft because it was weak and most of his peers stayed in school. Had they declared Vucevic is probably a late first rd pick at best. Moe Harkless has just as much potential as Thompson and Waiters. You arent giving them scrub labels tho. You sound stupid.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: