Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-10-2012, 04:36 AM   #31
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: See Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
Hawks

76ers are moving in the right direction...
The hawks are the definition of dedicated mediocrity. Theyve been shit for ages...
Cavs They do have some decent young pieces but damn, that draft pick was such a waste...
What draft pick?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:46 AM   #32
Trentknicks
Banned

Trentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected poster

76ers aren't even guaranteed a ECF birth, got to love ISH.
Trentknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:29 AM   #33
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
What draft pick?

Waiters
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:52 AM   #34
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Not hold onto this unproven talent because you value your assets way too highly. Maybe when your teams balls drop you'll make a gutsy move like the Sixers did. Enjoy rebuilding tho.
Yeah, i like some of the Cavs young players but the ones to give up in this move would not have been those guys (their backcourt). They are expecting everyone to not only grow together, but to all stay in Cleveland. As opposed to supplementing them outside when they could.

b
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #35
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

KDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

op is a *******
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #36
INDI
Local High School Star

INDI has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Not hold onto this unproven talent because you value your assets way too highly. Maybe when your teams balls drop you'll make a gutsy move like the Sixers did. Enjoy rebuilding tho.
besides the sarcasm, OP is correct. Even if cavs lost Bynum after the season it would've been worth the try. Unless you got a guy on your team that has a top ten ability then you gotta do what you gotta do. Especially when the team wasnt asking for Irving.

There is a GIGANTIC possibility that he would resign after the season. Y'all would've been fun to watch, had a great young core, could've offered him the most money, and a lower seeded playoff team. Not to mention that names and buzz attract followers so a few remaining free agents would've gave y'all a look.

IMO if I had the option I would've traded the farm and a million protected future firsts and just built around Irving, waiters and Bynum.
INDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #37
coin24

coin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDI
besides the sarcasm, OP is correct. Even if cavs lost Bynum after the season it would've been worth the try. Unless you got a guy on your team that has a top ten ability then you gotta do what you gotta do. Especially when the team wasnt asking for Irving.

There is a GIGANTIC possibility that he would resign after the season. Y'all would've been fun to watch, had a great young core, could've offered him the most money, and a lower seeded playoff team. Not to mention that names and buzz attract followers so a few remaining free agents would've gave y'all a look.

IMO if I had the option I would've traded the farm and a million protected future firsts and just built around Irving, waiters and Bynum.

Build around Kyrie and Bynum... Waiters is a huge bust waiting to happen
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #38
INDI
Local High School Star

Quote:
Waiters

I would play hard ball with waiters but if I felt that he was a deal killer I would've given him up and got another wingman in return in the deal. Bottom line Irving/waiters is still a non playoff team and no tv time. While Irving/Bynum is a 7-8 seed, best young duo story that would earn them more tv time, sell more tickets and attract free agents that wouldn't look their way without big bynum
Old 08-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #39
INDI
Local High School Star

Quote:
Build around Kyrie and Bynum... Waiters is a huge bust waiting to happen

I don't know if he'll be a bust but he definitely wouldnt be a deal breaker if I was the owner. I'd ship that dude so fast FedEx would want to hire me
Old 08-10-2012, 07:44 AM   #40
Suckafree
High School Varsity 12th Man

Suckafree has an OK reputation so far

Why rub cavs fans faces in it? You act like the 76ers have been making big moves regularly. Does chris webber and elton brand count?

This is why nobody likes you gobb
Suckafree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #41
NOHCP3
Pelican Brief

NOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Lay off the Cavs fans, they're living in Mad Max times

This OP. this.

Nice Moe reference
NOHCP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #42
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
The Sixers make what appears to be a nice move to bring in Bynum... Why spend this time rubbing Cavaliers' fans noses in it?

Makes very little sense. None of us have any clue how close the Cavs were to making a deal or if there was ever any really serious discussions.

I'm happy with the current state of the rebuild.

You should be happy with this move for your team.

Who gives a f#ck about whatever speculation we had earlier in the offseason? That's all it ever was... speculation.

Btw, during that speculation, all of the talk about the draft picks the Cavs would have to include never began with the words "protected" which it appears all of the picks Orlando is getting will be... And, the best young player they appear to be getting is Moe Harkless. Forgive me if I'm not bowled over by Orlando's reported haul.

Oh my god... the Magic are getting Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic and Moe Harkless!? Plus three likely late draft picks and, if they aren't late, they won't get them. Stop the presses! What a deal!

Meticode said the same thing. Which to me means you probably could have got the deal done with less. WHich makes dropping out of the process because Bynum won't sign an extension (which absolutely NO player ever would) makes less sense, not more.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #43
DukeDelonte13

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Cavs weren't doing this deal unless they could get an assurance that Bynum would be there long term. No sense in giving up your only competent C for a rental for a year. Risky move.

The cavs need to evaluate the young core they got now before making blockbuster deals.

And Besides, the 76ers are f*cked if:

1: Bynum has another injury

or

2: Bynum leaves in free agency.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #44
DukeDelonte13

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Meticode said the same thing. Which to me means you probably could have got the deal done with less. WHich makes dropping out of the process because Bynum won't sign an extension (which absolutely NO player ever would) makes less sense, not more.

It makes complete sense if the cavs are in the beginning stages of their rebuild and don't want the whole rebuild plan to hinge on the whims of immature and injury prone Bynum.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #45
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
It makes complete sense if the cavs are in the beginning stages of their rebuild and don't want the whole rebuild plan to hinge on the whims of immature and injury prone Bynum.

You should never have been involved in the first place then. To put a ridiculous qualification on a trade means you not only were never in it, you will never ever be able to trade for anyone on the last year, which are the only stars usually available.

There aren't many chances to get all star young centers to fall into your lap. You talk about it like you'll just get the next one.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: