Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #211
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: See Cavs fans? This is how you make a big move

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Not hold onto this unproven talent because you value your assets way too highly. Maybe when your teams balls drop you'll make a gutsy move like the Sixers did. Enjoy rebuilding tho.

LOL I think every thread GOBB has made since the start of the season has backfired on him. Dude is on suicide watch if he hasn't killed himself already.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #212
Suckafree
High School Varsity 12th Man

Suckafree has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Sixers have a better record than the Cavs. And Bynum hasnt played 1 minute.

We can talk about future, potential like we are sitting around doing mock drafts. But this offseason Sixers can make moves and...could have a better record than the Cavs and the talented bunch next year.

Cavs didnt take the risk and they are still losers. Thats funny.

Be completely honest with yourself GOBB. Which team do you think is in a better position moving forward?
Suckafree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #213
dbk123
Banned

dbk123 has not been impressing people

Quote:

We can talk about future, potential like we are sitting around doing mock drafts. But this offseason Sixers can make moves and...could have a better record than the Cavs and the talented bunch next year.

kyrie>>>jrue

sixers are fukked next season. cavs will have a better season next year im calling it now
dbk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #214
CavaliersFTW
5-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

What's really funny is that the Cavs future is brighter than the Sixers - who will be stuck in the middle of the road for season after season for the next decade. How many times do middle of the road teams become title contenders through trade? Cavs are the next OKC, in that they are rebuilding the right way, through drafting young talent like Kyrie Irving. Sixers will learn the hard way.
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #215
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suckafree
Be completely honest with yourself GOBB. Which team do you think is in a better position moving forward?

Both are honestly. Cavs just have a fan favorite in Kyrie Irving who has emerged on my list of fav players in the league with Wade, Rose and Love. Outside of that both are teams with young pieces to build from.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #216
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

this past summer, when it appeared the cavs decided not to pursue bynum more aggressively, i was so dissapointed

dodged a real bullet there.

Quote:

i thought the whole point of this 'making bold moves' was about playing not just for the present but for the future? you know, get a true star, and build around him for the coming years, or bottom out and get seom good draft picks

now the sixers having a better record than the cavs validates the trade?

chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #217
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
What's really funny is that the Cavs future is brighter than the Sixers - who will be stuck in the middle of the road for season after season for the next decade. How many times do middle of the road teams become title contenders through trade? Cavs are the next OKC, in that they are rebuilding the right way, through drafting young talent like Kyrie Irving. Sixers will learn the hard way.

Brighter? Your team is 20-39.

If there was EVER a time I was cheering for the Cavs to win more games than the Sixers? Its now. How long are you going to live off future is bright? Tell me.

Cavs are the next OKC, well you guys might want to start winning now? Just a thought. And Cavs are drafting young talent? They have been since Bron left your city.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #218
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
i thought the whole point of this 'making bold moves' was about playing not just for the present but for the future? you know, get a true star, and build around him for the coming years, or bottom out and get seom good draft picks

now the sixers having a better record than the cavs validates the trade?

Sixers 12 games below .500. Seems to be on pace to doing what I expect. All a team has to do is remain around the bottom 8 teams when its all said and done for lottery chances. You dont need to have the worst record in the NBA.

My point on the trade as you can read is the Cavs are in the same position as they were last season. Playing for the lottery. Sixers went out for a risk, it blew up in their face and they are playing for the lottery like the...Cavs. Wait what? I think I called that in this thread.

Cavs make no bold moves and stay put with what they have. Yet remain lottery bound. I called that.

Kudos for Cavs not making a deal for Bynum. Guess what? You're still drafting lottery.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #219
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Brighter? Your team is 20-39.

If there was EVER a time I was cheering for the Cavs to win more games than the Sixers? Its now. How long are you going to live off future is bright? Tell me.

Cavs are the next OKC, well you guys might want to start winning now? Just a thought. And Cavs are drafting young talent? They have been since Bron left your city.

I kind of agree with GOBB on this one, how many more seasons are the cavs supposedly tanking?
I'm a fan of Kyrie, but you really think he's going to stick around on a constant loser team? What exactly are they waiting for?

But also have to laugh at the 76ers claims it's a shame Bynum is such a retard, so glad lakers shipped his ass out.. So much talent, no brains
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #220
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
I kind of agree with GOBB on this one, how many more seasons are the cavs supposedly tanking?
I'm a fan of Kyrie, but you really think he's going to stick around on a constant loser team? What exactly are they waiting for?

But also have to laugh at the 76ers claims it's a shame Bynum is such a retard, so glad lakers shipped his ass out.. So much talent, no brains

True about Bynum. But hey since we are all breaking balls? You did say Waiters was a bust waiting to happen. Thats not happening.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #221
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Sixers 12 games below .500. Seems to be on pace to doing what I expect. All a team has to do is remain around the bottom 8 teams when its all said and done for lottery chances. You dont need to have the worst record in the NBA.

well as it stands, the sixers will be drafting 11th (obviously this could, and likely will go up or down, but as it stands, thats where they are), and the cavs would be drafting 4th, thats a pretty big gap.

Quote:
My point on the trade as you can read is the Cavs are in the same position as they were last season. Playing for the lottery. Sixers went out for a risk, it blew up in their face and they are playing for the lottery like the...Cavs. Wait what? I think I called that in this thread.

yeah, but you say it like, the sixers took a risk, and it failed, and they ended up in the same spot as the cavs, and act like the cavs could have done the same move, failed, and ended up where they are, and that isnt the cavs.

we would have had to give up at least tristan thompson, and at least another first rounder, so if we had taken the bold move like the sixers did, and it blew up in our faces, we would be in a much worse position.

the cavs and sixers were in two very different places last summer. the sixers were mired in mediocrity, with assets in the form of talented low-potential vets, like iggy. they werent going anywhere. they could afford to make a bold move, hope bynum works out, become fringe contender, or, as has happened, bynum doesnt work out, and bottom out, so you are stuck in mediocrity like you were with iggy.

but the cavs on the other hand, we had assets, but in the form of high potential guys like tristan and dion, as well as picks. to get bynum we would have had to gamble a promising future, and had we done so, it would have been a terrible move.

the sixers gambled away mediocrity, while the cavs would have had to gamble away a promising future. it was two very different scenarios, for the two different teams.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #222
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Do any of you guys really see Cleveland leapfrogging Indy or Chicago in the next few seasons??

Going to be hard to be a top team in that division.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #223
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
True about Bynum. But hey since we are all breaking balls? You did say Waiters was a bust waiting to happen. Thats not happening.

yeah I guess he has proven me wrong so far. I still think beal > waiters though..
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:04 AM   #224
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Do any of you guys really see Cleveland leapfrogging Indy or Chicago in the next few seasons??

If things go right then yes. A core of Kyrie (20+ppg scorer), Dion (15+ppg scorer), Tristan (double-double with good D), and let's just say Len is going to be one hell of a core to build around. With enough cap space to sign a max free agent in 2014, which could end up being LeBron, given his Ohio roots.

Kyrie
Dion
LeBron
Tristan
Len

If everything goes well that's a GREAT team for a long, long time. Not to mention that the Cavs have a practically unprotected (can't remember exact protection, but I think it's top 5) pick from Memphis the year that Gasol, and Randolph are up. That could end up being a top 10 pick, which would extend their time of contention.

The Cavs future is very bright, they have the most picks owed to them, and Grant has so far proven to be decent at drafting with his non no brainer picks. Tristan is looking to be the best player not named Irving from 2011, and Dion looks like his draft spot is very justified. The only player you would want over Dion that wasn't gone at the time is Lillard, but with a star PG already on the team, that would have been crazy.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:04 AM   #225
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8

If things go right then yes. A core of Kyrie (20+ppg scorer), Dion (15+ppg scorer), Tristan (double-double with good D), and let's just say Len is going to be one hell of a core to build around. With enough cap space to sign a max free agent in 2014, which could end up being LeBron, given his Ohio roots.

Kyrie
Dion
LeBron
Tristan
Len

If everything goes well that's a GREAT team for a long, long time. Not to mention that the Cavs have a practically unprotected (can't remember exact protection, but I think it's top 5) pick from Memphis the year that Gasol, and Randolph are up. That could end up being a top 10 pick, which would extend their time of contention.

The Cavs future is very bright, they have the most picks owed to them, and Grant has so far proven to be decent at drafting with his non no brainer picks. Tristan is looking to be the best player not named Irving from 2011, and Dion looks like his draft spot is very justified. The only player you would want over Dion that wasn't gone at the time is Lillard, but with a star PG already on the team, that would have been crazy.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: