Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-24-2007, 07:53 PM   #31
heymossy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

heymossy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
didn't marbury create his own line of shoes? talk about creating your own shot, he may have just given himself the MVP award
I can't believe I overlooked the whole shoe angle in my original post. A shoe contract is equivalent to scoring 12 points per game. These are points that are added to your nightly totals after the fact. So Arenas didn't pour 31 points down on a hapless Nash, he annihilated Nash with 43 all-universe game breakers.

OUCH!!!!!

One more thing about assists. Though we keep track of them like they matter, we all know that assists are for wimps. Real ballers take it to the hoops themselves. When real men formulate basketball statistics, they subtract assists from points to get a true idea of a player's worth.

In that light Nash didn't score an somewhat impressive 27, he instead limped in with a paltry 13. Big whoop. Arenas is so prolific around the hoop scorekeepers will normally credit him with 13 points just for taking the pre-game warm-up.

So, the adjusted totals now read:
Arenas: 43 painful daggers to the hearts of Sun's fans everywhere
Nash: 13 puny laughers in the face of his most implacable opponent

Again I say, HIBACHI. Sun's fans are burned again.
heymossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:31 PM   #32
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymossy
I can't believe I overlooked the whole shoe angle in my original post. A shoe contract is equivalent to scoring 12 points per game. These are points that are added to your nightly totals after the fact. So Arenas didn't pour 31 points down on a hapless Nash, he annihilated Nash with 43 all-universe game breakers.

OUCH!!!!!

One more thing about assists. Though we keep track of them like they matter, we all know that assists are for wimps. Real ballers take it to the hoops themselves. When real men formulate basketball statistics, they subtract assists from points to get a true idea of a player's worth.

In that light Nash didn't score an somewhat impressive 27, he instead limped in with a paltry 13. Big whoop. Arenas is so prolific around the hoop scorekeepers will normally credit him with 13 points just for taking the pre-game warm-up.

So, the adjusted totals now read:
Arenas: 43 painful daggers to the hearts of Sun's fans everywhere
Nash: 13 puny laughers in the face of his most implacable opponent

Again I say, HIBACHI. Sun's fans are burned again.

Waiting for DreamRocket's response...

Think he'll ever post in this thread again?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:41 PM   #33
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Waiting for DreamRocket's response...

Think he'll ever post again?

Corrected it for you.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:15 PM   #34
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

the sarcasm was overkill. you don't need to call a fat b!tch a thin woman.

but a lot of dumb people here probably still didn't get it.

they're the ones who read articles from the onion and think it's legitimate news.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:46 PM   #35
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

at this thread. Why do people have such a hard time grasping sarcasm? Can't believe someone fell for it.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:02 PM   #36
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Corrected it for you.

Lol, no... he posted in another thread after this earlier today.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:35 PM   #37
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

I like how Arenas is so hot right now that he actually has desperate haters making fools out of themselves trying to bring him down.

the problem with your satire, besides the fact that it sucks, is that you aren't satirizing anything. everyone is on Nash's side. everything Arenas has gotten credit for he's deserved twice the credit he's gotten.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:43 AM   #38
Rocker09
Rock & Basketball

Rocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected poster

lol, amazing thread
Rocker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:23 AM   #39
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
You aren't taking into account that the shots that Gil missed could easily be rebounded and provide easy buckets for teammates. Also, when his teammates get those rebounds, they can draw fouls on the other team when they go back up. Basically, Gil's missed shots accomplish two things... he gets his teammates easy shots, .

You know, during Iverson's finals run in 2001, the TV announcers ACTUALLY USED THAT EXCUSE for Iverson.

"When Iveson attakcs the hoops, even if his shot doesn't go in, he drew so much attention that it frees up Tyronne Hill and Mutombo for an easy put back"

I mean, i love Iverson, that run is one of my most favorite NBA memories, but the way the announcers try to play off Iverson's missed shots as a positive effect on his teammates was hilarious.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:24 AM   #40
heymossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
the problem with your satire, besides the fact that it sucks, is that you aren't satirizing anything. everyone is on Nash's side. .

You got me all wrong geeWiz. I'm a HUGE Arenas fan.

I guess I was probably being a little too obscure - a little too subtle if you like. The point of my original post was to put a little Hibachi into our man Gilbert while I satarized the satarizers.

You heard me, this was all satire of satire. I was simply trying to tweak all those guys on the board who don't like the people on this board who don't profess not to like the haters of all the non-likers of Nash.

Those are the guys who march up and down this board in order to trumpet their outdated notions on what it takes to be a great player in this league. It's about time they got their due.

Last edited by heymossy : 01-25-2007 at 01:28 AM.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:05 AM   #41
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I like how Arenas is so hot right now that he actually has desperate haters making fools out of themselves trying to bring him down.

the problem with your satire, besides the fact that it sucks, is that you aren't satirizing anything. everyone is on Nash's side. everything Arenas has gotten credit for he's deserved twice the credit he's gotten.

The only thing worse than a groupie is a groupie without a sense of humour.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:58 PM   #42
heymossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32
The only thing worse than a groupie is a groupie without a sense of humour.
If you are referring to geeWiz, then that's not exactly true.

His last post had me laughing - laughing hard as a matter of fact.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:11 PM   #43
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
You know, during Iverson's finals run in 2001, the TV announcers ACTUALLY USED THAT EXCUSE for Iverson.

"When Iveson attakcs the hoops, even if his shot doesn't go in, he drew so much attention that it frees up Tyronne Hill and Mutombo for an easy put back"

I mean, i love Iverson, that run is one of my most favorite NBA memories, but the way the announcers try to play off Iverson's missed shots as a positive effect on his teammates was hilarious.

Lol, Iverson's one of the players I had in mind when I posted that... That same line was used for Steve Francis in his early years as well... To an extent, it's true... There are certain shots that, though they are misses, put your team in great position to rebound and get a foul, but it's definitely not an argument I would try to make on a consistent basis... perhaps on a shot by shot basis... you can point to certain shots that have that characteristic every now and then, but people start tripping when they make it out to be more than it is... High percentage misses.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:28 PM   #44
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:

Very sensitive.

Arenas is awesome, but this is a funny thread.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:33 PM   #45
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymossy
If you are referring to geeWiz, then that's not exactly true.

His last post had me laughing - laughing hard as a matter of fact.

That's like laughing at the desperate 14 year old nerd that's in love with the reasonably good looking but incredibly weird girl no one wants to even go near to.

You don't do that kind of stuff.

Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: