Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-24-2007, 03:55 PM   #16
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool
Default ahrww

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymossy
You obviously don't understand how to cherry pick statistics. People who really understand basketball understand just which statistics to ignore - and when to ignore them.

Today I choose to ignore assists. Thus my contention that Arenas destroyed Nash is still valid.

Lol owned...
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:58 PM   #17
heymossy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

heymossy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets
even without assists arenas only had 4 more points and he took 12 more shots, and his team was destroyed in front of their own fans, nash wins, game over.
ONLY 4 POINTS????

Did you even see the game. Those 4 points were monster. Someday when I'm old and boring my grandchildren with stories from the old days, I still be re-telling the legend of those 4 points.

The Wizards may have lost the game, but those 4 points will not only deliver Gilbert a well earned MVP, but they will provide the motivation that will sustain the Wizards in their drive to a Championship.
heymossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:00 PM   #18
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Quote:
even without assists arenas only had 4 more points and he took 12 more shots, and his team was destroyed in front of their own fans, nash wins, game over.

Come on dawg save face you can't really think the man's serious, can you?
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:00 PM   #19
bigdog13
High School JV MVP

bigdog13 has not been impressing people

Mossy

Its like fishing and you have one on the hook now. Time to just reel it in.
bigdog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:01 PM   #20
joewait
National High School Star

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

Gilbert has a sneaker commercial, Steve doesn't
Thus Arenas for MVP
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:16 PM   #21
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
arenas owned nash ? lmao, arenas shot 10/25 while nash shot 11/13, had 14 assists and his team blew the wizards away.

Exactly Gilbo not only had more points but more FGA, just shows that whatever it is Gilbert will have more of, and more is better.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:18 PM   #22
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

More FGA = more balls.

More balls = more MVP.

Gilbert = more FGA = more balls = more MVP.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:19 PM   #23
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewait
Thus Arenas for MVP
Old 01-24-2007, 04:19 PM   #24
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Arenas also had 2 boards more than Nash. I can't believe you guys didn't take this into account; you are obviously trying to bash Agent Zero.

2 boards -> 2 FGA -> 46.1 % shooting -> 1.84 points.

Which means Gilbert has another 1.84 points over Nash.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:24 PM   #25
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
And since points are the only thing that matters in basketball, we can all agree that Nash is overrated and Arenas is underrated. And there's nothing I like more that watching the underdog get his due.

Your forgetting about FGA! FGA also matter! More is better! More Gilbo!
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:34 PM   #26
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
arenas owned nash ? lmao, arenas shot 10/25 while nash shot 11/13, had 14 assists and his team blew the wizards away.

You aren't taking into account that the shots that Gil missed could easily be rebounded and provide easy buckets for teammates. Also, when his teammates get those rebounds, they can draw fouls on the other team when they go back up. Basically, Gil's missed shots accomplish two things... he gets his teammates easy shots, and he helps to get the other team into foul trouble.... There should be a stat to track shots like that... they're even better than assists... Gil's misses > Nash's assists... I can't believe you overlooked that. Gil is easily the MVP.

Last edited by MaxFly : 01-24-2007 at 04:38 PM.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:39 PM   #27
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
You aren't taking into account that the shots that Gil missed could easily be rebounded and provide easy buckets for teammates. Also, when his teammates get those rebounds, they can draw fouls on the other team when they go back up. Basically, Gil's missed shots accomplish two things... he gets his teammates easy shots, and he helps to get the other team into foul trouble.... There should be a stat to track shots like that... they're even better than assists... Gil's misses > Nash's assists... I can't believe you overlooked that. Gil is easily the MVP.

: :

Spin of the thread
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:40 PM   #28
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32
Arenas also had 2 boards more than Nash. I can't believe you guys didn't take this into account; you are obviously trying to bash Agent Zero.

2 boards -> 2 FGA -> 46.1 % shooting -> 1.84 points.

Which means Gilbert has another 1.84 points over Nash.

I should have mentioned this as well. It's a pretty simply concept that many people who call themselves basketball fans never seem to grasp... It's amazing.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:31 PM   #29
bigdog13
High School JV MVP

bigdog13 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewait
Thus Arenas for MVP

we have a problem...... Damon Jones has a sneaker commerical and deal with some Chinese Shoe company. Should Damon be co-MVP this year or just give it strictly to Gilb?
bigdog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:00 PM   #30
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog13
we have a problem...... Damon Jones has a sneaker commerical and deal with some Chinese Shoe company. Should Damon be co-MVP this year or just give it strictly to Gilb?
didn't marbury create his own line of shoes? talk about creating your own shot, he may have just given himself the MVP award
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: