Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2007, 11:47 AM   #31
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,991
Default .

But dad could beat mom so he's black.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:49 AM   #32
The Mamba
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
But dad could beat mom so he's black.
Dad is dead, son.

Mom wins?
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:50 AM   #33
The Mamba
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum310
Its not a Black and White issue,

Its a US and International issue.
Yet, I'd still say America has the best players...

Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, etc.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:53 AM   #34
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan
 
SCREWstonRockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Clutch City 2K9
Posts: 3,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Because ignoring it doesn't solve anything.

Race is actually a very serious issue in this country (still), but gets swept under the rug because we "should" be past it. It's counterproductive.

Race is a serious issue. But it's not serious when your talking about two white basketball players that are leading the best teams in the NBA. White boys leading the best teams in basketball is not exactly on the level of the civil rights movement.

Dude was kind of right when he said race should be a non-issue. Especailly when your talking about basketball skills. Why does it matter if two white guys are at the top of the league? I think it's because the NBA is such a black dominated sport, that white folks feel like they HAVE to let it be known that their guys are doing better. It makes them feel better I guess.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:55 AM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,730
Default

Tiger Woods is black so says his father. He's not asian as much as he wants to claim. Actually he claims he is a mixture of things...like chet mix. However when it boils down to it? Tiger Woods is BLACK. Whether you wanna accept him or not is your personal choice. FACT remains he is black.


And i never noticed 2 white players leading thier teams just like i didnt notice the Jags QB depth chart being ALL BLACK. Who cares? Reminds me of the toddler in front of me askin his dad "What what why how come that man he how come he over there?" Dad replies "You hungry?", basically to change the topic of nothingness.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:58 AM   #36
saKf
Roy = my new fave.
 
saKf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Not offended by low scores.
Posts: 4,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Dude was kind of right when he said race should be a non-issue.
He was EXACTLY right. It shouldn't be.

However, it is an issue, and therefore should be treated as such.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #37
braden.
Great young streetballer
 
braden.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 184
Default

For a large amount of black kids, it's the same situation as Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, etc. with baseball - going pro in said sport is their only way they're ever going to make something of themselves.
braden. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #38
The Mamba
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 818
Default

My boy GOBB with truth.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:04 PM   #39
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan
 
SCREWstonRockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Clutch City 2K9
Posts: 3,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Tiger Woods is black so says his father. He's not asian as much as he wants to claim. Actually he claims he is a mixture of things...like chet mix. However when it boils down to it? Tiger Woods is BLACK. Whether you wanna accept him or not is your personal choice. FACT remains he is black.

I don't know about that. Have you seen his parents? One is Asian, one is black. Now, unless his mom isn't his real mother, then I guess you are right.





I've seen black/asian kids, they look similar to how Tiger Woods does. If his parents smashed and created him, I don't see how you say he's not half black and half asian.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:06 PM   #40
Howard5Dirk41
Banned
 
Howard5Dirk41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: aka Nowitzki41MFFL
Posts: 1,601
Default

whens the last time a german and canadian led the 2 best teams in the nba


NEVER!!!!!!
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:07 PM   #41
Howard5Dirk41
Banned
 
Howard5Dirk41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: aka Nowitzki41MFFL
Posts: 1,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Tiger Woods is black so says his father. He's not asian as much as he wants to claim. Actually he claims he is a mixture of things...like chet mix. However when it boils down to it? Tiger Woods is BLACK. Whether you wanna accept him or not is your personal choice. FACT remains he is black.


And i never noticed 2 white players leading thier teams just like i didnt notice the Jags QB depth chart being ALL BLACK. Who cares? Reminds me of the toddler in front of me askin his dad "What what why how come that man he how come he over there?" Dad replies "You hungry?", basically to change the topic of nothingness.


Hes Blasian but looks more black because black is a dominate gene.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:03 PM   #42
PureElement
Local High School Star
 
PureElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Tiger Woods is black so says his father. He's not asian as much as he wants to claim. Actually he claims he is a mixture of things...like chet mix. However when it boils down to it? Tiger Woods is BLACK. Whether you wanna accept him or not is your personal choice. FACT remains he is black.

Wood is a dark tanned Asian.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:09 PM   #43
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,343
Default

he is mixed, but people in this society consider him to be black...

part of the 1 drop rule I guess...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:27 PM   #44
vert48
Can You?
 
vert48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Tiger Woods is black so says his father. He's not asian as much as he wants to claim. Actually he claims he is a mixture of things...like chet mix. However when it boils down to it? Tiger Woods is BLACK. Whether you wanna accept him or not is your personal choice. FACT remains he is black.


And i never noticed 2 white players leading thier teams just like i didnt notice the Jags QB depth chart being ALL BLACK. Who cares? Reminds me of the toddler in front of me askin his dad "What what why how come that man he how come he over there?" Dad replies "You hungry?", basically to change the topic of nothingness.
He is more Asian than Black.

Earl - 1/2 Black, 1/4 Chinese, 1/4 Native American
Kultida - 1/2 Thai, 1/4 Chinese, 1/4 Dutch
Tiger - 1/2 Asian (1/4 Thai & 1/4 Chinese), 1/4 Black, 1/8 Dutch, 1/8 Native American
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:45 PM   #45
AI09
Serious playground baller
 
AI09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
I don't know about that. Have you seen his parents? One is Asian, one is black. Now, unless his mom isn't his real mother, then I guess you are right.





I've seen black/asian kids, they look similar to how Tiger Woods does. If his parents smashed and created him, I don't see how you say he's not half black and half asian.

Then TJ Ford is 1/2blk 1/2asian cuz he looks juss like woods
AI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:09 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy