Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-24-2007, 04:43 AM   #16
bence23
High School Varsity 6th Man

bence23 has not been impressing people

the funny thing is they both werent born in america
bence23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:58 AM   #17
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
because you'd have to be naiive or live in Brady Bunch world to not know the fact that "Black people are better natural athletes than any other race". Meaning in a sport where athletism plays such a big key, it's natural for Black people to dominate. In this day and age for two White guys to be the clear cut best player/leader of the two best teams in the league... it IS rare. It's not racism, it's not looking down on White people, it's realistic to go "wow who woulda expected this"

Kinda like if UC Berkeley suddenly announces that more Blacks and Mexicans made the school this year than Asians... it would be realistic to go "Wow". It wouldn't make anyone a racist.

It's a tricky issue though... some boxing analyst was talking about who the best boxers were and he said that it was usually the race that was doing worst at the time. Basically the hungriest race.. loook at this Maria Sharapova.. she's a good example.. her family comes from Siberia.. her family was probably poorer than the Williams sisters living in compton.. Then look at Russian boxers.. same thing. I don't know how accusrate it is but it's definitely interesting.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:53 AM   #18
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default .

It would be interesting to see if white players were that much less athletic if all of those volleyball players, gymnists, olympians, etc. decided to play bball from instead at an early age.

Like someone said, it could be that simply more athletic black people choose bball than any other race.

You can argue that there are MORE athletic black people, but the above holds true for the most part I believe.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #19
jaja
Great young streetballer

jaja has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASH = BEST
And 2 African Americans are coaching against each other in the Super Bowl

And the Best golfer in the World Is African American

And arguably the best rapper in the past 7 years is White

the best rapper of the 7 years or whatever is certainly not white. white folks are very good are hyping BS, like Nash
jaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:25 AM   #20
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
I think if blacks were predispositioned to become better basketball players due to race than Africa would be the hotbed of basketball talent that Europe in reality is.

That has much more to do with money than it does with talent. Europe is just a hell of a lot richer than Africa and still hasnt done nearly as well creating talent. Considering the lack of wealth, the fact that Africa has managed to produce one of the greatest players of all time and several other very good players should speak volumes. Europe might have one guy in the top 50 if it is lucky and he is only there based on what he could have been not what he did in the NBA.

On top of that, a lot of the best players in Europe are of African descent. Outside a few guys from the former Yugoslavia and Dirk, its been predominently blacks. Parker, Nique, Diaw, Pietrus, Badiane, Schortianidis, Gelebale, Petro amongst others.

Quote:
her family comes from Siberia.. her family was probably poorer than the Williams sisters living in compton..

Her family had enough money to move to Florida and pay for her to particpate in a top class tennis school for most of her teenage years. That is not poor. Wealth does not determine whether you will be a good athlete or not.

Quote:
It would be interesting to see if white players were that much less athletic if all of those volleyball players, gymnists, olympians, etc. decided to play bball from instead at an early age.

Like someone said, it could be that simply more athletic black people choose bball than any other race.

You can argue that there are MORE athletic black people, but the above holds true for the most part I believe.

Basketball, football and soccer are all dominated by black athletes. Compared to the general population, the percentages that make up those sports is just ridiculous. Its the same with the aboriginals over here in Australia and Aussie Rules and the Maori's in New Zealand with Rugby. White folk just arent as athletic in general. Sure there are exceptions but they just arent, I dont know how anyone could argue it.

You honestly think there are no white guys attempting to compete in running events?
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:27 AM   #21
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default .

I mentioned the olympics, which would include running events I would assume.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:33 AM   #22
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
I mentioned the olympics, which would include running events I would assume.

Well given how dominant the blacks are in the running events, that would hardly prove anything else.

The biggest problems those guys have is that they arent big enough for basketball. AI is an extreme exception, Gymnists are lucky to be 5'8, best case they could be a nickel back in the NFL. Volleyball players are the most likely to succeed in basketball but I tended to find that the people who played that at school did it because they couldnt catch a ball so they couldnt play the more "skill" based sports, not to take anything away from the skill involved in volleyball, but its a very different skill set.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:40 AM   #23
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

They might not have been good volleyball players either though.

You take the top 10% of white volleyball players around the world and instead have them play basketball 4 hours a day since they were 8 and I guarantee you not only would there be more white players in the NBA, there would also be an almost complete elimination of the white player stereotype as only being good outside shooters.

Again, blacks would still be more athletic and still dominate the sport, but you'd have more white players that could jump just as high as black players and would have the necessary skill set because they DID play basketball for their entire lives.

The reason those white guys at your school couldn't make the bball team probably has more to do with them never trying to be great on their own time than them being naturally uncoordinated. Like you partially implied, volleyball isn't a sport you can play without some sort of skill.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:46 AM   #24
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
To bad d'Antoni isnt bkack, because that will be the first time that 2 white foreign player with two black coach are leading the Nba.

not foreignors, but KC jones was the Celtic coach while Bird and McHale were there

close?
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:50 AM   #25
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
And the Best golfer in the World Is African American
Nope, he is Asian.

Last edited by vert48 : 01-24-2007 at 10:59 AM.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:58 AM   #26
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
They might not have been good volleyball players either though.

You take the top 10% of white volleyball players around the world and instead have them play basketball 4 hours a day since they were 8 and I guarantee you not only would there be more white players in the NBA, there would also be an almost complete elimination of the white player stereotype as only being good outside shooters.

Again, blacks would still be more athletic and still dominate the sport, but you'd have more white players that could jump just as high as black players and would have the necessary skill set because they DID play basketball for their entire lives.

The reason those white guys at your school couldn't make the bball team probably has more to do with them never trying to be great on their own time than them being naturally uncoordinated. Like you partially implied, volleyball isn't a sport you can play without some sort of skill.
When I played volleyball in college, there were 5 White players on the volleyball team that had higher verticals than anyone on the basketball team, which was 95% black.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:08 AM   #27
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Nope, he is Asian.

woods is asian ?
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:31 AM   #28
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

HAHA white folks always try to find a way to let their race shine in anything that is dominated by blacks. C'mon crackers, you already run the world, let the minorities have something of their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets
woods is asian ?

Yall are both right. He's mixed, black and asian.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:33 AM   #29
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASH = BEST
Race should be a non-issue now a days, why even bring it up?
Because ignoring it doesn't solve anything.

Race is actually a very serious issue in this country (still), but gets swept under the rug because we "should" be past it. It's counterproductive.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:39 AM   #30
vert48
Can You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets
woods is asian ?
He is just a Asian as he is Black (Mom is Asian, Dad is Black).
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: