Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #31
Rooster
National High School Star

Rooster has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Top 5 Player Lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickswin
I didn't expect you to be this much of a kobe fan ...

I won't deny his skill, but he's such a chucker I wouldn't even want him on my team. when he was younger, I guess he was so good i might have been able to live with it, but these last couple of years it's been kind of pathetic watching this old dude gunning all the time.

At then end of the day Kobe has 5 rings. If Melo can win at least one of them, he should keep chucking and be a black hole. But I agree Kobe should let Nash run the offense this time and not forcing shots from isolations.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #32
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
At then end of the day Kobe has 5 rings. If Melo can win at least one of them, he should keep chucking and be a black hole. But I agree Kobe should let Nash run the offense this time and not forcing shots from isolations.

I don't really want to get into the whole kobe debate that has been done 1,000,000 times on this board (the "kobe was carried by his bigs and coach jackson" verus the "no he wasn't" debate). but I think melo would be a much more useful player if he were to play more like a big. pick and pop and posting up off ball. he should be bernard king 2.0 not kobe bryant: the fat edition.

that is why jeremy lin being gone kills me. jeremy could have run the offense while melo played off ball.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #33
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
the spurs and the hornets were interested
and no one on your list except for diamantidis plays any defense

Spanoulis is a lock down defender. The Spurs and Hornets do not play in Europe. If he was the best player in EUROPE, more than just one big European club would have wanted him.

Also, Diamantidis isn't a good defender anymore.
Euroleague is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #34
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
La Bamba can't guard a lick and consistently can not create his shots on next level.

That's he moved back to Europe because he knows he is just a bench material in NBA just like Rudy.

So what if he look good against Team USA.

Scrubs like Arroyo, Saras and Diogu have look against them.

Navarro scored more than 20 points against NBA teams in 4 straight games.......he hit 8 threes in an NBA game.

He scored 35 against the Lakers, etc.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #35
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How come Spanoulis couldn't dominate under different rules of basketball and different leagues of basketball like all the other players in your list of the greatest at the moment?

Kobe, Lebron and Durant have all showed they are great whether it be in the Olympics, or in any league they've ever played in. Spanoulis on the other hand was one of the worst players in the league when he moved to the NBA. Why did this happen? Maybe you overrate him?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #36
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickswin
I didn't expect you to be this much of a kobe fan ...

I won't deny his skill, but he's such a chucker I wouldn't even want him on my team. when he was younger, I guess he was so good i might have been able to live with it, but these last couple of years it's been kind of pathetic watching this old dude gunning all the time.

I'm talking about old Kobe, not current Kobe. Like I said, he used to be the best, but not anymore.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #37
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
You are a ****ing idiot.

I'm just asking a question. You're the best poster on this site and know way more than everyone else here, I want to learn something. I just want to know what happened. Was he injured then or something?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #38
BoutPractice
I'll pass

BoutPractice is popular on this boardBoutPractice is popular on this boardBoutPractice is popular on this boardBoutPractice is popular on this boardBoutPractice is popular on this board

Those are pretty decent lists, except for the massive overrating of Spanoulis we've come to expect (there's probably some kind of personal backstory behind that, it's a bit strange someone so obviously knowledgeable about the game would objectively come to the conclusion that Spanoulis is a dominant force) and a certain bias against non-perimeter players.
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #39
DFish
Banned

DFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:

Top 5 players in the world:

1. LeBron James

2. Kevin Durant

3. Vassilis Spanoulis

4. Kobe Bryant

Yesterday I bought a rolex watch, a valentino suit, a baked potato and a Ferrari.
DFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #40
avonbarksdale
meat mountain

avonbarksdale has a very bad reputationavonbarksdale has a very bad reputationavonbarksdale has a very bad reputationavonbarksdale has a very bad reputationavonbarksdale has a very bad reputation

lebron
durant
kobe
melo
wade/dirk
avonbarksdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #41
Dwade305
el pollo loco siiiiiii

Dwade305 has not been impressing people

Does this confirm offcialy joyner= Euroleage? Same posting style, same one liners, same racists shit and of course same man love for Durant. Why is this fool not banned?
Dwade305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:39 AM   #42
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
As requested in this thread --->

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=273501

Here are my top 5 player lists for NBA, FIBA, Euroleague, and in the world overall:

Top 5 Euroleague players:

1. Vassilis Spanoulis

2. Juan Carlos Navarro
(when healthy, he is not healthy right now)

3. Dimitris Diamantidis

4. Milos Teodosic

5. Bo McCalebb

Guys like Lorbek, Bourousis, Huertas, Krstic are up there too.

Top 5 NBA players:

1. LeBron James

2. Kevin Durant

3. Kobe Bryant
(he's not as good as he used to be, and he might drop down next year)

4. Dirk Nowitzki
(but he looks like he might be getting old now)

5. Dwyane Wade
(his game seems to be regressing though)

Top 5 FIBA players:

1. Kevin Durant

2. Vassilis Spanoulis

3. Juan Carlos Navarro

4. Luis Scola
(he's always been more important to Argentina than Manu, but does not get the credit due to NBA marketing schemes)

5. Manu Ginobili/Pau Gasol
(I can't choose which one, so I give them a tie)

Guys like Kirilenko, McCalebb, and Teodosic are up there too.

A lot of NBA players are overrated in FIBA basketball (Kobe, Paul, Williams, Dirk, Howard, LeBron, Melo, etc)

Top 5 players in the world:

1. LeBron James

2. Kevin Durant

3. Vassilis Spanoulis

4. Kobe Bryant

5. Juan Carlos Navarro

Kobe is my favorite player ever, and I had him at #1 up until last year, but he's getting a bit old now, and he's not the same player he used to be. Sorry Kobe.

If anyone starts trolling in this thread, then I am going to delete it.

Interesting, intriguing list Euroleague. Im just going to do SGs World rankings

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Juan Carlos Navarro
3. Vassilis Spanoulis
4-6 Dwyane Wade, OJ Mayo, James Harden ( all interchangable by the day)
7. Manu Ginobili
8. Kevin Martin
9. Joe Johnson
10. Ray Allen
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #43
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My list

1. Kevin Durant
2. Alessandro Del Piero
3. Leonard Cohen
4. Vladimir Putin
5. Sofia Vergara
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #44
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is considered somewhat coolNumberSix is considered somewhat coolNumberSix is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I'm talking about old Kobe, not current Kobe. Like I said, he used to be the best, but not anymore.
You're moves are just gay
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: