Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-23-2007, 10:47 PM   #16
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Yeah, Bush is the worst thing to happen to black people in A LONG TIME, but it's still nice that Dikembe is getting props for all the hard work he does.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:50 PM   #17
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
In other mutumbo news....did you hear who mutumbo is dating?????

Here she is

LOL I've never seen him so funny
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:03 PM   #18
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

I was juiced when I saw it on TV.

I'm not even going to make a joke about it. Mutombo is an awesome guy and deserves major props.

I got pissed when the President mispronounced his name the last time he said it. Muh-TOOM-bo.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:05 PM   #19
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this board

i guess ill have to read the state of the union on the white house site
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:27 PM   #20
Hot Shot Rox
Decent playground baller

Hot Shot Rox has decent reputation

...When America serves others in this way, we show the strength and generosity of our country. These deeds reflect the character of our people. The greatest strength we have is the heroic kindness, courage, and self sacrifice of the American people. You see this spirit often if you know where to look -- and tonight we need only look above to the gallery.

Dikembe Mutombo grew up in Africa, amid great poverty and disease. He came to Georgetown University on a scholarship to study medicine -- but Coach John Thompson got a look at Dikembe and had a different idea. Dikembe became a star in the NBA, and a citizen of the United States. But he never forgot the land of his birth -- or the duty to share his blessings with others. He has built a brand new hospital in his hometown. A friend has said of this good hearted man: "Mutombo believes that God has given him this opportunity to do great things." And we are proud to call this son of the Congo our fellow American.

Transcript from Bush's speech (in a section about AIDS/Africa)
Hot Shot Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: