Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #31
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,952
Default Re: my top-10 CB duos going into 2012

This list threatens you somehow Carbine...

"but I call BS on you knowing about the Seahawks!!!"

"but, you're talking out of your ass on the Packers!!!"




-pt- makes list = Carbine (and usually GoBB) look for some way to expose something rather than looking for anything to agree with
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #32
Snoop_Cat
Banned
 
Snoop_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Johns Hopkins
Posts: 3,498
Default Re: my top-10 CB duos going into 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Giants starters are Webster/Thomas.

Yup. Thomas was our best CB before being hurt last year.

Our secondary is going to perform a lot better this season. We got rid of Ross who sucked balls and hopefully both Thomas and Amukamara are healthy this time around. Not to mention that Kenny Phillips' play improved and a great D-Line with an improving JPP is going to make our CBs look terrific (I hope).
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #33
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,952
Default Re: my top-10 CB duos going into 2012

I fully expect Prince to be the starter by mid season if not the start of the season but I would have the Giants in the top-10 regardless of which of those 3 start...Web/Thomas/Prince

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1124154
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #34
sunsfan1357
Word.
 
sunsfan1357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manteca/San Diego
Posts: 4,955
Default Re: my top-10 CB duos going into 2012

Thomas just hurt his knee that he already had ACL surgery on.

*edit* just saw niko reported it in the offseason thread. Carry on.

Last edited by sunsfan1357 : 07-30-2012 at 07:42 PM.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #35
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
StateProperty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMore, MD
Posts: 5,261
Default Re: my top-10 CB duos going into 2012

Saw something interesting. The Eagles secondary has given up only 12 catches to wideouts thru 2 games.

Link

Also included are the rest of the NFCE and a percentage. 2 weeks is nothing, and understand Boldin/Torrey is best they've faced. Interested to see how they stack against Austin/Dez and Nicks/Cruz.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #36
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,952
Default Re: my top-10 CB duos going into 2012

Still like my list but Falcons and Giants removed by injury...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #37
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,483
Default Re: my top-10 CB duos going into 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Why would we count Prince? He's a second year player.

Browner/Sherman that high is a bit much. I call bullshit on you even watching a couple games of them. So you putting them that high? You must be taking someone elses opinion and using it as yours.
you're such a ****0t
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #38
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox
 
ballinhun8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ehhhh, BANDWAGON BOSTON
Posts: 3,419
Default Re: my top-10 CB duos going into 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Saw something interesting. The Eagles secondary has given up only 12 catches to wideouts thru 2 games.

Link

Also included are the rest of the NFCE and a percentage. 2 weeks is nothing, and understand Boldin/Torrey is best they've faced. Interested to see how they stack against Austin/Dez and Nicks/Cruz.


You're actually gonna count the Browns game lol??
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #39
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
StateProperty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMore, MD
Posts: 5,261
Default Re: my top-10 CB duos going into 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
You're actually gonna count the Browns game lol??
Yeah, the Browns played like garbage. Maybe this says more about the Bengals D but...

Weeden vs. Eagles: 12-35, 0 TDs, 4 INTs, 118 yards
Weeden vs Bengals: 26-37, 2 TDs, 0 INTS, 322 yards

Flacco vs. Eagles: 22-42, 1 TD, 1 INT, 232 yards
Flacco vs. Bengals: 21-29, 2 TDs, 0 INT, 299 yards

I guess now we know why the Bengals drafted Kirkpatrick where's mlh been?
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #40
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,349
Default Re: my top-10 CB duos going into 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
you're such a ****0t



You gotta let it go. I don't know if I threaten you because I call you out on things you're wrong about or whatever it may be, but let it go.

You have got to have better things to do then to go around throwing insults around. Really. I have had my fair share of debates here and when I'm wrong, I'm wrong. If someone calls me out on something and I'm wrong about it, I don't act like a adolescent and insult people left and right and follow them around after the fact.

But then again, I don't go around saying shit like Harrison was a non-factor in the superbowl besides his interception, which was clearly not the case and you were wrong about. I don't go around saying the 49'ers built from the inside out and never spent a top pick on a wideout, even though that is patently false as they drafted Crabtree 10th overall (and just spent a first rounder on another wideout)

You were wrong. I called it out and you went on a insult spree. You are certainly consistent. A consistent baby when you're wrong. How about next time you say something wrong and someone calls you out on it, man up and say "you're right " and be done with it?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #41
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,483
Default Re: my top-10 CB duos going into 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine


You gotta let it go. I don't know if I threaten you because I call you out on things you're wrong about or whatever it may be, but let it go.

You have got to have better things to do then to go around throwing insults around. Really. I have had my fair share of debates here and when I'm wrong, I'm wrong. If someone calls me out on something and I'm wrong about it, I don't act like a adolescent and insult people left and right and follow them around after the fact.

But then again, I don't go around saying shit like Harrison was a non-factor in the superbowl besides his interception, which was clearly not the case and you were wrong about. I don't go around saying the 49'ers built from the inside out and never spent a top pick on a wideout, even though that is patently false as they drafted Crabtree 10th overall (and just spent a first rounder on another wideout)

You were wrong. I called it out and you went on a insult spree. You are certainly consistent. A consistent baby when you're wrong. How about next time you say something wrong and someone calls you out on it, man up and say "you're right " and be done with it?
That might be the most delusional statement you've made to date which is saying something. Please cite one instance when you've admitted you were wrong on this forum. If you're able to provide just 1 example, I will try to leave you alone, because I know I've been hurting your feelings a lot lately.

I am wrong all the time. I put myself out there and make a lot of bold statements, I misfire all the time but at the end of the day the difference between us is I have no problem admitting I'm frequently wrong and that actually lends me a lot more credibility than you. Where as you come off as a complete jerk that has a major chip on his shoulder. It's hard to come off like a jerk on a message board too, especially discussing football, think about that. I assure you I'm not alone in thinking this because me and almost all the members of the fantasy league thing you're a complete tool, they're just kind enough not to engage you.

"If I call you on things that you're wrong about, let it go"

Do you really think that's why I make fun of you all the time?

I make fun of you all the time because you spew statements like this

Quote:
Browner/Sherman that high is a bit much. I call bullshit on you even watching a couple games of them. So you putting them that high? You must be taking someone elses opinion and using it as yours.

Who says that? Someone who is really spiteful, bitter, insecure, and angry. To get that mad about over some shit you read on the internet is really pathetic which basically sums up your posting career and I'd even venture to say your existence.

Also newsflash: You are not a scout, you watch the games with the same pair of eyes everyone else does. Your opinion is not any more valid then anyone else. You just think your opinion is worth more then it is, which is one of the worst traits a person can have. Anytime you've actually tried to put your knowledge to the test, you've failed. You've played in 3 fantasy leagues with me? (2 of which I won?) and every time you ended up quitting midway through the season. That's called being a bitch.

Football is supposed to be fun. It's not always about who is right or wrong, it's about enjoying the game. Lighten up or I'm going to continue to call you out, because you act like a real tool with a chip on his shoulder.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #42
imdaman99
Knicks all da way
 
imdaman99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,318
Default Re: my top-10 CB duos going into 2012

thus far, webster hasn't been so good. but i have faith that he will improve... as for the rest of the giants' CBs...

injuries and the newbies they put out there cost them the game against the cows and nearly against bucs
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #43
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,349
Default Re: my top-10 CB duos going into 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
That might be the most delusional statement you've made to date which is saying something. Please cite one instance when you've admitted you were wrong on this forum. If you're able to provide just 1 example, I will try to leave you alone, because I know I've been hurting your feelings a lot lately.

I am wrong all the time. I put myself out there and make a lot of bold statements, I misfire all the time but at the end of the day the difference between us is I have no problem admitting I'm frequently wrong and that actually lends me a lot more credibility than you. Where as you come off as a complete jerk that has a major chip on his shoulder. It's hard to come off like a jerk on a message board too, especially discussing football, think about that. I assure you I'm not alone in thinking this because me and almost all the members of the fantasy league thing you're a complete tool, they're just kind enough not to engage you.

"If I call you on things that you're wrong about, let it go"

Do you really think that's why I make fun of you all the time?

I make fun of you all the time because you spew statements like this



Who says that? Someone who is really spiteful, bitter, insecure, and angry. To get that mad about over some shit you read on the internet is really pathetic which basically sums up your posting career and I'd even venture to say your existence.

Also newsflash: You are not a scout, you watch the games with the same pair of eyes everyone else does. Your opinion is not any more valid then anyone else. You just think your opinion is worth more then it is, which is one of the worst traits a person can have. Anytime you've actually tried to put your knowledge to the test, you've failed. You've played in 3 fantasy leagues with me? (2 of which I won?) and every time you ended up quitting midway through the season. That's called being a bitch.

Football is supposed to be fun. It's not always about who is right or wrong, it's about enjoying the game. Lighten up or I'm going to continue to call you out, because you act like a real tool with a chip on his shoulder.

Funny enough I was wrong about Andrew Luck. I made a thread here when I watched Luck last year while he was in college saying how I don't see the best prospect since Manning some were saying about him.

I was wrong. I didn't appreciate the small things he does and his obvious leadership/the way he handles himself off the field. My expectations were so high that when I tried to evaluate him, I compared him to Peyton in his prime, Brady, Brees, Rodgers....and he came up short. Just like any other 22 year old college player would.

But that's something I'm happy I was wrong about. He's going to be our QB for a very long time and maybe help get us back to the top.

Lastly saying things that I outlined earlier (Harrison playing bad, 49'ers) is not making a bold statement. It's making a wrong statement.

It'd be like me saying you never take a running back in the first round, that's not how the Colts built their team around Peyton. Um, that's not a bold statement. It's wrong because we did take running backs in the first round, 3 of them actually in the Manning era.

Bold statement is saying something like I think player A will be a breakout player and it either happens or not. It's like saying the Lions will win the NFC this year.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #44
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,483
Default Re: my top-10 CB duos going into 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Funny enough I was wrong about Andrew Luck. I made a thread here when I watched Luck last year while he was in college saying how I don't see the best prospect since Manning some were saying about him.

I was wrong. I didn't appreciate the small things he does and his obvious leadership/the way he handles himself off the field. My expectations were so high that when I tried to evaluate him, I compared him to Peyton in his prime, Brady, Brees, Rodgers....and he came up short. Just like any other 22 year old college player would.

But that's something I'm happy I was wrong about. He's going to be our QB for a very long time and maybe help get us back to the top.

Lastly saying things that I outlined earlier (Harrison playing bad, 49'ers) is not making a bold statement. It's making a wrong statement.

It'd be like me saying you never take a running back in the first round, that's not how the Colts built their team around Peyton. Um, that's not a bold statement. It's wrong because we did take running backs in the first round, 3 of them actually in the Manning era.

Bold statement is saying something like I think player A will be a breakout player and it either happens or not. It's like saying the Lions will win the NFC this year.

WTF are you even talking about?

You're bringing up something I said about James Harrison 4 years ago? Who gives a flying f*ck if I was wrong? You clearly do. SOMEONE WAS WRONG ON THE INTERNET..Hold the presses! I've heard you spout plenty of bullsh*t since then, but guess what? I don't care, nor do I care enough to keep tabs.

The current regime in SF (Trent Baalke and Jim Harbaugh) didn't draft Michael Crabtree you freaking dolt. They drafted AJ Jenkins after already having constructed a deep team and had no glaring holes. The statement you're citing is pertaining to me being critical of the Browns drafting skill position players while having glaring holes all over that team.

You need to consider reevaluating your priorities. What drives you in this world? Do you have a focus besides "proving people wrong on the internet"?
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #45
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,952
Default Re: my top-10 CB duos going into 2012

lol Carbine got all threatened by me mentioning Browner and Sherman

"no way he knew of that before me!!!, he must have stole that opinion elsewhere!!!"



please Carbine, feel free to search the web up and down to find someone else with that opinion, you won't...it is my opinion. Seattle has the two tallest CBs to play together perhaps in the history of the game, both around 6'4"...which is just ridiculous obviously, and both have killer CB Metrics (where I formed the opinion) to show they don't give up much...they gave up very little against Dallas last week, can't wait to see what Rodgers can do there.

and Marlo might be wrong from time to time, but he is 100% right about you being a f@ggot. The over/under for how many cocks you will suck this year is much more than how many yards the Seattle CBs give up this year.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy