Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-23-2007, 01:17 AM   #31
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Can you read? My logic sucks, talk about your own. 'Scoring determines who's better'. That's the stupidest sh!t ever. I didn't bring in Amare's blocks, points and assists? Then why the hell did I put "Camby gets +2 dimes" and "Camby gets +1 block"? Think about it, and before you talk crap, make sure you know what to say. I swear, Suns fans are starting to slowly surpass Laker fans in homerism.

im sorry i misread your mumbo jumbo **** logic....its still the worst way to analyze players stats

oh and here are some of amares and cambys shooting stats from everything not under the basket

camby 60/161 37.2%
amare 50/134 37.3%

oh and heres their ft% since cambys range is so much better than amares

camby 70.7%
amare 77.9%

so amare actually has better range than camby i must say...weird...camby is nowhere near as good as amare on the offensive end if he doesnt even have better range than camby
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:19 AM   #32
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
im sorry i misread your mumbo jumbo **** logic....its still the worst way to analyze players stats

oh and here are some of amares and cambys shooting stats from everything not under the basket

camby 60/161 37.2%
amare 50/134 37.3%

camby 70.7%
amare 77.9%

so amare actually has better range than camby i must say...weird...camby is nowhere near as good as amare on the offensive end if he doesnt even have better range than camby

so i guess range is measured by all shots not made under the basket???? Thats just dumb, and using ft percentage to support your claim is even worst
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:21 AM   #33
in awe
I airball my layups

in awe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
No no, you're right. The team that is barely in the playoffs definately deserves 3 all-stars. Bravo.

yeah, because injuries and suspensions have nothing to do with their current record. Especially since 80% of their games while Melo was suspended were at home.
in awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:21 AM   #34
in awe
I airball my layups

Quote:

camby 60/161 37.2%
amare 50/134 37.3%

camby 70.7%
amare 77.9%

Do you know what range is?
Old 01-23-2007, 01:22 AM   #35
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
LMFAO!!!!!! That was the funniest post I've read in YEARS. How the fuck is Okur, Blount, Marion, Odom, Wilcox and Warrick better then Camby? Go watch a ****ing game, take away Camby and the Nuggets are SHIT . . . take away Amare, well we know what Nash did. Take away Nash and Suns ain't shit.

Hey qrich this is for you

I reply to this...

7th out of west big men in scoring (3rd out of centers)

He is not a #7 west big men in scoring he is #15

He is not a #3 west center in scoring he is #7

---------------------------------

So pls read the thread b4 you post.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:23 AM   #36
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by in awe
yeah, because injuries and suspensions have nothing to do with their current record. Especially since 80% of their games while Melo was suspended were at home.

Ever watched an all-star game? They don't chose the reserves by going; "Hmmm, this team should be a lot better but they've fallen upon tough times. I think we should just assume they would be better given perfect circumstances."

No, winning is a huge part of making the all-star game. Not potential to win.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:24 AM   #37
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

This year I'd rate them as almost equal, Camby probably has a little edge. Remember that just going on ESPN and looking up Amare's stats don't tell the whole story, he started this year horribly but in the last 2 months he's putting up 20-10.

Amare is a better offensive player in every aspect of the game, he has more range, is quicker, more explosive, finishes better, draws more fouls, converts more FTs, has better moves in the post. Camby gets a few more assists, Amare has the ability to pass he just doesn't utilize it.

Camby is a much better help-side defender, but man-on-man he's always been a little too skinny for his position. Amare's always been a little too dumb for his position, but is playing smarter defense then ever, so it balances out.

Camby's is a better rebounder, but not as much as people believe. They get the same amount of offensive rebounds, the entire difference is on the defensive rebounding end, and Camby's numbers there are partially explained by the Nuggets system. Melo+Smith+other perimeter guys all rush down towards the opposite basket after every miss for the fast-break, Camby doesn't compete much with his teammates for rebounds except when Evans plays.

Of course if(when) Amare regains form and once more puts up 26 to Camby's 12 this isn't even a discussion. You can build a WCF team around Amare as the #1 option; you can only build a defense around Camby. Amare's 24, Camby's 32, etc, etc.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:24 AM   #38
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

here are some more stats for everyone who says camby is soooo much better than amare on defense

centers vs suns centers average 17 ppg on 46.5 efg%
centers vs nugs centers average 17.7 ppg on 51.8 efg%

the suns get a net PER of 6.6 from there center spot
the nuggets get a net PER of 2.2 from there center spot
Old 01-23-2007, 01:26 AM   #39
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

good timing, that helps illustrate my point of their man-to-man D being similiar.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:29 AM   #40
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
good timing, that helps illustrate my point of their man-to-man D being similiar.

I think you're off on this one Zombles. Amare has a clear edge in my mind. Camby is constantly being torn up defensively and is highly overrated just because he grabs rebounds and blocks shots.

Amare on the other hand, hardly ever gets beaten. His defense is about 30% better then it was even in his 26 and 9 days.

But since this thread started talking about their all-star status, I have a serious question for everyone on the Camby side of the argument:

If you were picking for the all-star game, would you choose the defensive anchor on the WORST defensive team in the league.

Or

Would you take the #1 offensive option on the best scoring team in the league?

Answer honestly please.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:30 AM   #41
in awe
I airball my layups

Quote:
here are some more stats for everyone who says camby is soooo much better than amare on defense

centers vs suns centers average 17 ppg on 46.5 efg%
centers vs nugs centers average 17.7 ppg on 51.8 efg%

the suns get a net PER of 6.6 from there center spot
the nuggets get a net PER of 2.2 from there center spot

Camby = constant DPOY candidate. Amare = Please stop comparing their defense
Old 01-23-2007, 01:30 AM   #42
statman32
NBA Legend

oh and if the nuggets defense is so good while camby is in the game why does denver give up 107.3 pts per 100 possesions when hes in but they give up only 103 pts per 100 possesions when hes out

btw when amare is in the game the suns give up 103.8 pts per 100 possesions and when hes out they give up 107.3 pts per 100 posessions

and btw me showing there ft% and shots outside of under the basket were not to show his better range really...just to show that he is a better shooter
Old 01-23-2007, 01:33 AM   #43
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Quote:
oh and if the nuggets defense is so good while camby is in the game why does denver give up 107.3 pts per 100 possesions when hes in but they give up only 103 pts per 100 possesions when hes out

btw when amare is in the game the suns give up 103.8 pts per 100 possesions and when hes out they give up 107.3 pts per 100 posessions

and btw me showing there ft% and shots outside of under the basket were not to show his better range really...just to show that he is a better shooter

Exactly. Camby's defense is so overrated it's not even funny.

Everyone drools over his 17/17/3 and 3 blks, but forgets that Pau Gasol, fresh off an injury, put up 23/17/6/2 on 50% + FG.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:36 AM   #44
in awe
I airball my layups

Denver gives up 0.8 points less then the nuggets a game so stop acting like their the freaking spurs on D.

You guys are trying to prove Camby is a bad defensive player which makes no sense.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:37 AM   #45
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Well Gasol just drops 23pts and 17 boards on Camby.

What a defense by Camby I'm in shock.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: