Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here
Default Bulls FO making Orlando's look like geniuses.

So we let Brewer, Korver, Watson, possibly Asik, and Johnny Buckets go and replace them with Teague (unproven), Butler (unproven), Radmanovic and Hinrich (shell of himself).

Is this Bizarro world?

How is this getting better? We let Korver go for nothing in order to save $500,000, seriously? For a team that was the most profitable team last season (Surplus of $55 Million), they sure do act like a small market team.

meanwhile, teams like Miami & the Lakers who have no money, are signing players left and right.

WTF is going on here?
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Tenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Bulls FO making Orlando's look like geniuses.

I'll take Hinrich over Watson anyday, in fact, I was pissed when he left. Derrick still says that hinrich gave him hell during practice and that defense, so I'll gladly take him over Watson who really regressed last year and became a shot jacking moron.

Butler is already showing to be better than Brewer. Just as good defense, actually has an offensive game, and has leadership qualities.

If Teague can become anything like his brother (which I definitely think he will), then he's good in my book.

The only loss IMO is Korver, but at the same time, we had to do it, especially if we are trying to keep Gibson next year, who is literally the life and soul of the bench mob. But Korver was so inconsistent, he won't be THAT hard to replace, some who can drop a 3 everynow and then is doable. Hell, Deng was just as good a 3 point shooter as Korver last year.
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How can we replace Butler, with Butler? We had him to begin with.

We moan and scream that this team has been too much like other franchises that can't piece together good draft picks the way the Spurs are able to, nearly every year. Now that we have something going with our scouting and drafting, don't bitch about it. The draft picks are the least of our concerns, and the last players we need to be throwing under the bus, or the last area anyone should be crying about, when it comes to how the FO has handled our futures.

Now, the inability to bring in big names, that is a VALID concern. But the rest, the 12-13th man roster fills for MINIMUM contracts... that is NOT broken, we are doing that part 100% right, although not 100% perfect.

Last edited by Crystallas : 07-20-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

The guys we are bringing in are worth the value of their contracts and at the same time are just as good if not better than the guys we let go.

Korver, Watson and Brewer were all overpaid.

The combination of Hinrich and Teague is better than Watson.

Butler has improved to the point where he can easily replace Brewer.

Korver's shooting currently will be missed, but we aren't done making moves. If the rumor of a deal being close to done with Belinelli than that'll fill that void. At the same time Belinelli is almost just as good of a shooter as Korver but is a better ball handler, can create for himself and is a better passer.

Asik will be missed if we don't match, but I would hope we as fans would understand not matching that crazy offer sheet.

It's frustrating, but at the same time we're saving money (considerably) while still remaining just as competitive if not improving by getting younger and more athletic.

We're making moves now with the idea to have more flexibility to make significant moves in near future.

We don't want to restrict our financial flexibility going further to bring in overpriced role players that won't make the difference anyway.

Would you rather Asik, Korver, Brewer and Watson making approximately $17 million or

Hinrich, Teague, Radmonovich and whoever else we add making half of that if not less?
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
How can we replace Butler, with Butler? We had him to begin with.

We moan and scream that this team has been too much like other franchises that can't piece together good draft picks the way the Spurs are able to, nearly every year. Now that we have something going with our scouting and drafting, don't bitch about it. The draft picks are the least of our concerns, and the last players we need to be throwing under the bus, or the last area anyone should be crying about, when it comes to how the FO has handled our futures.

Now, the inability to bring in big names, that is a VALID concern. But the rest, the 12-13th man roster fills for MINIMUM contracts... that is NOT broken, we are doing that part 100% right, although not 100% perfect.

Agreed. It seems like they're lining themselves up to make a run at the next big free agent class once Deng comes off the books and once they most likely amnesty Boozer. So we'll see if they can deliver a second star to pair with DRose.

I've heard Kevin Love will be the main target.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Agreed. It seems like they're lining themselves up to make a run at the next big free agent class once Deng comes off the books and once they most likely amnesty Boozer. So we'll see if they can deliver a second star to pair with DRose.

I've heard Kevin Love will be the main target.
I wouldn't hold my breath. The Bulls have done this three times now going back to 99 and failed each time.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:37 AM   #7
1rkrage
Eyyy Sexy Lady

1rkrage has decent reputation

don't forget Nazr Mohammad!
1rkrage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:35 AM   #8
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
I wouldn't hold my breath. The Bulls have done this three times now going back to 99 and failed each time.
Rose needs to ****ing recruit this time. He's officially arrived now as one of the biggest stars in the league, and by that time will be fully recovered. wanting to be the man and all is a great thing there's nothing wrong with that, but he's got to realize there's only a small fraction of players better than him, and it's his team regardless of who comes here.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:10 AM   #9
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Again with the recruiting mess. This ain't the US Army.

"Hey man you wanna play with me and the Bulls?"

"No?"

"Cool."

Wtf else is he gonna do?

Hire strippers from Arnie's and take him to Ariannas?
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:57 AM   #10
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It is what it is. Rose will be out most of the year, and when back, will only be a shell of himself for the remainder of next season.

This is the Bulls opening up opportunities for when Rose will be 100% again. Why go into the luxury tax for Brewer, Korver, Asik, and Watson anyway? That'd be even worse if you ask me. The previous team couldn't get it done against the Heat in the ECF, also failed in the play-offs against the lesser Sixers without Rose...this is smart. It's frustrating as mentioned, very. Necessary? Most definitely.

Things go to shit. That's life, and sports. We need to be more worried about D-Rose getting back to where he was and the FO putting a team that can win it all around him at that time, not next season. We will not win a damn thing without him.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:34 AM   #11
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed

Why go into the luxury tax for Korver anyway?

Because he shot your dog.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #12
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Bulls FO making Orlando's look like geniuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas

In order to bring in big names, you need to have success in the playoffs. The Bulls don't have that yet, so we shouldn't expect to sign guys out from under the Celtics, Heat, Spurs, Lakers, etc...

And like you said, this season won't be very good with Rose out/recovering, so why go into the tax when we don't have a shot at winning it all? They are bringing on min contracts (except for Kirk) and keeping them short, so we will have roster spots open next year when everyone is healthy and we have some selling points for free agents.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #13
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Again with the recruiting mess. This ain't the US Army.

"Hey man you wanna play with me and the Bulls?"

"No?"

"Cool."

Wtf else is he gonna do?

Hire strippers from Arnie's and take him to Ariannas?
Whatever Amare did for Melo/CP3. Yeah I know they didn't get him but still.

Maybe in 2014 at the worlds (if he plays, if not cool although it would be good timing if Love played) Ask Love.

You don't win with just one star in the league anymore. If he wants to win, he can't just be like "Hey I'd like if you came here, but if you don't that's cool" that was nice and all in 2010. And I liked the move then, and still do because having an alpha dog is a valuable thing. But everyone knows it's his team now, and it wouldn't have been then, and regardless of who comes here now it'll stay his team.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #14
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

It's really two-sided. Sure we'd like for our front office to be more aggressive. Or have DRose or whoever else be active recruiting, but the prospective player still has to decide to want to come here. To be a part of the organization, to be coached by our staff, to live in Chicago, etc.

For all we know the front office could be very active and Derrick could be a great recruiter and other players still decide to play elsewhere. Who knows what actually happens.

No one knows for sure. But what we do know is that if we don't make financially responsible decisions now then it will prohibit the financial flexibility we'll need to sign an impactful player to pair with Rose and whoever else we decide to keep as our core. That's why I don't understand people complaining about this current off seasons moves. They are necessary.

Let's say if DRose was going into next season healthy this current team is just as good if not better than last year's squad and at a fraction of the cost.

Watson, Brewer, Korver, Lucas and Asik would have cost roughly $18 million. (correct me if i'm wrong)

We got Hinrich, (seems like were getting Bellinelli), Teague, Mohammed to fill their spots for roughly $8-9 million.

That equates to about half the price for guys that will be able to contribute just as much as the others.

Hinrich and Teague > Watson and Lucas

Bellinelli = Korver

Mohammed < Asik

Butler = Brewer

Our bench this year will be fine and i'd rather pay these guys their salaries opposed to the salaries we'd have to pay last year's bench mob.

The bench mob will be missed but let's look at the bigger picture here.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #15
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

The only thing that sucks is that if these guys were gonna be let go, why didn't we try to package them for a more dynamic scoring option?

You can't tell me Asik & some of our perimeter guys can't net a decent scorer... it'd be better than nothing at least.

Either way, it's kind of clear that this season is a waste so I don't really care. I don't like that the FO seems inept tho. I'm all for tanking however.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: