Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #1351
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
I agree but Alabama/SEC run power football and thats the kind that Notre Dame plays. It'll be a defensive battle without a doubt. Alabama specializes in it and Nick Saban is the best coach in football. That's why I say Alabama will beat Notre Dame. Notre Dame hasn't even played an SEC team on their schedule. You can say they have a hard schedule but they should have at least scheduled a respectable SEC team.

Outside Alabama and perhaps Georgia which SEC team do you think would be willing to do a home and home series with Notre Dame or even a neutral site? How many of them leave their states to play significant none conference football?
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:55 AM   #1352
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:05 AM   #1353
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The nations leading rusher...Ka'Deem Carey. Only a sophomore and getting better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BXqO...ature=youtu.be
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:55 AM   #1354
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

if we don't beat michigan this weekend, fukk this season! i hate notre dame as much as anyone, but i can't help but root for my samoan bredren in te'o. i thought the dude lost his mind when he went to nd. i was pissed that ohio state didn't try go after him, and i thought he was a trojan for sure.

funny how he's on the brink of playing in the championship game and hes facing usc.

if nd makes it in the nc. most likely theyll play bama. and if they do, they seriously need to win the to battle and be the better defense to win. i just don't see enough playmakers on nd offense. but if my buckeyes could beat miami in 02, anything can happen

Last edited by Bucket_Nakedz : 11-19-2012 at 05:58 AM.
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #1355
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
Outside Alabama and perhaps Georgia which SEC team do you think would be willing to do a home and home series with Notre Dame or even a neutral site? How many of them leave their states to play significant none conference football?

SEC teams just don't play games north of the Mason-Dixon line. I bet half of the players in that conference have never even seen snow before.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #1356
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Maryland just left the ACC for the Big 10. Rutgers is expected to follow and UConn is the odds on favorite to replace Maryland in the ACC.

link

Perhaps Clemson and FSU to the Big 12 isn't so far fetched after all.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #1357
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
Maryland just left the ACC for the Big 10. Rutgers is expected to follow and UConn is the odds on favorite to replace Maryland in the ACC.

link

Perhaps Clemson and FSU to the Big 12 isn't so far fetched after all.

FSU is one of the schools that voted against the hefty $50 million buyout exit fee so i doubt it. ND partially joining the ACC keeps FSU there imo
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #1358
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

FSU should join the SEC. They're a football program and the SEC is the top football conference. Plus their #1 rival, Florida, is SEC. If they want a shot at a spot in the playoff beyond the conference champ berth being strong in the SEC will be the way to go.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #1359
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
FSU should join the SEC. They're a football program and the SEC is the top football conference. Plus their #1 rival, Florida, is SEC. If they want a shot at a spot in the playoff beyond the conference champ berth being strong in the SEC will be the way to go.
I don't know, just speculating, don't follow the inner workings of athletic departments south of the Ohio River much, but Florida being in the SEC might be exactly what's keeping FSU from ever joining it. No reason to give up the recruiting edge being in the SEC brings to Free Shoes U.

FSU goes anywhere it's the Big 12, pretty sure they've already had some form of preliminary talks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
FSU is one of the schools that voted against the hefty $50 million buyout exit fee so i doubt it. ND partially joining the ACC keeps FSU there imo
It's the complete opposite. Maryland and FSU being the only ones to vote against it tells you a lot about where they see their future. And it's not the ACC.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #1360
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

Going to the Big 12 gets them the same path. An undefeated big 12 team plays for the title, and if there is a one loss Big 12 team amongst other one loss teams history shows that Big 12 team will be one of the teams playing for the title against most likely the SEC champ.

SEC wouldn't be interested in FSU. They would look to go after a school like North Carolina. South Carolina and Florida would vote against the SEC taking FSU or Clemson.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:36 AM   #1361
kentatm
NBA Legend

Old 11-20-2012, 06:07 AM   #1362
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll miss ACC basketball, but not the horrendously awful officiating. It's great for me now, my 2 fav schools are in the Big 10.

People may love the SEC, but the computers favor the Big 12. But anyways, I'm kind of hoping that both Notre Dame and Alabama lose. Or just a complete cluster**** with Georgia, Florida, Oregon and KSU also losing, but that has about a 0% chance of happening.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #1363
beer
UCLA alumnus

beer is considered somewhat coolbeer is considered somewhat cool

tedford has been fired. looks like i was wrong.
beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #1364
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

THE JOHN L. SMITH REIGN OF TERROR IS FINALLY OVER!!!!

Sorry, but that is cause for celebration. Two missed FG's, a fumble on the LSU two yard line, and some stupid conservative playcalls on 4th down (punt and FG) in the 4th quarter in the last game of a lost season, and we still only lost 17-13 to LSU. Should've won, but I don't really care, because John L. Smith is finally done.

Last edited by KG215 : 11-24-2012 at 01:32 PM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:04 AM   #1365
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

damn, it's gonna be hard to beat UCLA twice to make the Rose (I wouldn't mind the Sugar to play an SEC team, but I think losing either of the next two games knocks Stanford out of the running since we're not attractive enough for an at-large bid with three losses)

btw how nuts is it that the perceived top two Heisman candidates are a freshman and a defensive player? does either guy have a legit shot at winning, or is Klein (or some other dark horse) going to walk away with the hardware?
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: