Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-01-2012, 01:06 AM   #121
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Tyler Bray looked really good tonight. He's definitely an NFL QB, monster arm. In 2 years he'll be a high first round pick, maybe even first overall. IMO.

I've seen mocks with him as high as #1 or top 3-5 overall in the 2013 draft. If he has a big year I think he could come out after this season and go top 5-10, based almost solely on his tools and potential.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:08 AM   #122
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bell is someone I thought of as a darkhorse Heisman candidate. Looks like he might have gone from darkhorse to legit contender through week one. Obviously one game doesn't decide it, nor does it get you an invite to New York, but I think he's put himself more squarely on the Heisman candidate map.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:11 AM   #123
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

why the hell would you not run a power formation/hb dive right there? stanford trying to get too fancy
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:13 AM   #124
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Bell is someone I thought of as a darkhorse Heisman candidate. Looks like he might have gone from darkhorse to legit contender through week one. Obviously one game doesn't decide it, nor does it get you an invite to New York, but I think he's put himself more squarely on the Heisman candidate map.

Judging solely from that game, I really don't think MSU is going to do well enough for him to legitimately have a chance at the Heisman.

That SJSU clock management
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:32 AM   #125
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Judging solely from that game, I really don't think MSU is going to do well enough for him to legitimately have a chance at the Heisman.

That SJSU clock management

Yeah, I didn't actually see the game. I just think he's a darkhorse candidate and one of the better backs in the country.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:36 AM   #126
beer
UCLA alumnus

beer is considered somewhat coolbeer is considered somewhat cool

oh well. but now i suddenly feel we could beat stanford. we were complete garbage last year and beat sjsu... and we're better this year. i no longer like your 6-7 W's blacknapalm! we won 6 last year and we have a much easier schedule this year (no oregon) i mean the only guaranteed loses are southern cal, nebraska and utah imo. 9 wins!
beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:43 AM   #127
KG215

On the Tennessee/NC State game...is Tennessee that good or is NCSU worse than expected?

To be honest, I kinda thought Tennessee could be a surprise 7-9 win team this year. After running the Alabama/LSU/Arkansas gauntlet last year, they only have to play Alabama this year. Only reason I'd feel safer settling on 6 or 7 wins is because they have to go to Georgia, South Carolina, and Mississippi State.

They actually kinda sorta hung around with Alabama and Arkansas last year for about 1.5-2 quarters. They'd be just one or two plays away from making a game of it, then make a mistake and things snowballed from there. I know in the Arkansas game they were driving and deep in Arkansas territory only down 7-0 or 14-0 in the second quarter, threw a pick, and Arkansas tore them a new one the rest of the game. They were tied with Alabama at halftime then fell apart as Bama outscored them 21-0 in the third quarter.

They've got talented players on their roster and Bray has the potential to be one of the 3-5 best QBs in the country. I'm still not sure about Dooley as a coach, though, and don't know how confident I am in them as a second half team.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:20 AM   #128
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Wally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
On the Tennessee/NC State game...is Tennessee that good or is NCSU worse than expected?

To be honest, I kinda thought Tennessee could be a surprise 7-9 win team this year. After running the Alabama/LSU/Arkansas gauntlet last year, they only have to play Alabama this year. Only reason I'd feel safer settling on 6 or 7 wins is because they have to go to Georgia, South Carolina, and Mississippi State.

They actually kinda sorta hung around with Alabama and Arkansas last year for about 1.5-2 quarters. They'd be just one or two plays away from making a game of it, then make a mistake and things snowballed from there. I know in the Arkansas game they were driving and deep in Arkansas territory only down 7-0 or 14-0 in the second quarter, threw a pick, and Arkansas tore them a new one the rest of the game. They were tied with Alabama at halftime then fell apart as Bama outscored them 21-0 in the third quarter.

They've got talented players on their roster and Bray has the potential to be one of the 3-5 best QBs in the country. I'm still not sure about Dooley as a coach, though, and don't know how confident I am in them as a second half team.

Nc state is that bad. They had no business in a chic fil a Thursday night opener IMO
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:29 AM   #129
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally450
Nc state is that bad. They had no business in a chic fil a Thursday night opener IMO

NC state isn't that bad at all. they were only 3 point underdogs. most of their offense and defense returns. they have arguably the best CB in the nation. glennon threw for over 3K yards last season. they had a back who led the nation in rushing. i didn't see the game so i can't say for sure but it wouldn't surprise me if that team wins 9 or so games this season.

from the looks of it, glennon had four interceptions (not sure which were his fault) and it's hard to win ball games like that. my guess is that they fell behind early, were forced to throw it to get themselves back in the game and simply didn't get a chance to run with washington and greene as much as they'd like. glennon's decent but he's not going to march down the field and lead your team to multiple TDs.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-01-2012 at 03:09 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #130
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Illinois/Big Ten followers:

Western Michigan win or single digit loss vs. Illinois double digit win?

I know Illinois lost a decent amount of talent from last season to the NFL, and Western Michigan knows how to score the ball. Vegas has this game at -10 I believe. I think WM is the smarter pick here. Although depending on how the ND game goes I might not even pick this matchup.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #131
KG215

I've watched college football pretty much my entire life and knew Penn State jerseys never had their names on the back. But today, when they came running out and I saw the names on the back, and didn't even think or realize something was different.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #132
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Penn State has a 250lbs. kickoff returner. I am having a hard time believing there's no one more suitable. Transfers must have been a bitch.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #133
KG215

Penn State was moving the ball great and looked like they were going to score on their first possession....then bam, turnover.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #134
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

That boy Gio Bernard is dirty. He's going to have a nice career in the NFL.

I'm serious. Dude got a 60 yard rushing td, a receiving td, and now a 70 yard punt return for td. We are only 3 minutes into the second quarter.

Last edited by IGotACoolStory : 09-01-2012 at 01:29 PM.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #135
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

god, we sucked so much out there...we nearly lost to f*cking San Jose State, (and this is with ZERO turnovers committed, I believe

Nunes should not be throwing the ball anywhere near 26 times, and our defense looked abysmal

losing Harbaugh, Luck, O-Line talent, TEs was big, but Fangio leaving the team will be our undoing

fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: