Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-02-2012, 02:15 AM   #271
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
I'm not sure about it being infinite, but I do know that you can score QB ratings in like the 1000 range if you had the perfect game.

I think the cap is up around there.

Yeah, I was exaggerating a bit to make my point. It caps somewhere over 1,000. Not sure the of the exact number.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:16 AM   #272
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Didn't start watching this game until now. What's up with OU? Are they really overrated...again? UTEP pretty legit? Landry Jones playing bad? Good?

Utep played their tails off and OU did not take the game seriously from the opening tip on the offensive side of the ball. D has shown good pass defense, but needs to tighten up against the run. I think our OC needs to make it a more balanced team, which means we need to run the ball a lot more and pass a lot less. A good ground game can open up the field and make Landry's job much easier. We know he can sling it. We need to show we have a consistent ground game that can gash teams.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:24 AM   #273
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
Utep played their tails off and OU did not take the game seriously from the opening tip on the offensive side of the ball. D has shown good pass defense, but needs to tighten up against the run. I think our OC needs to make it a more balanced team, which means we need to run the ball a lot more and pass a lot less. A good ground game can open up the field and make Landry's job much easier. We know he can sling it. We need to show we have a consistent ground game that can gash teams.

So what happens when they face a better team that they're supposed to beat?

I mean if that's really the case I would suggest you lower your hope immediately because they will not contend. They aren't talented enough to be going around with that kind of attitude, and it speaks to the preparation of a team if they do.
Timmy D for MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:29 AM   #274
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
First game of the year. I don't see how you think a game like this shows OU has been exposed. Does that mean Okie States 84-0 when over the sisters of the poor mean they will romp through the conference? West Virginia gave up 30 something points to Marshall, Texas didn't look too good either. I think the notion that we have been exposed is not accurate. I think what it does show is that if we don't improve significantly we certainly won't be in the MNC hunt and it will be a up and down conference season.

It took 3 missed FGs, 3 OU fumbles fortunately rolling out of bounds, and a terrible decision to fake a punt in their own territory to hold off a team that is just not all that good.

I'm sorry but that d is going to get shredded in the Big 12 and their offense looked very weak, especially on third down. They gave up 177 yards to an RB from friggin UTEP.

Last edited by kentatm : 09-02-2012 at 02:34 AM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:46 AM   #275
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
So what happens when they face a better team that they're supposed to beat?

I mean if that's really the case I would suggest you lower your hope immediately because they will not contend. They aren't talented enough to be going around with that kind of attitude, and it speaks to the preparation of a team if they do.

OU has a bad habit of playing to the competition against a number of teams we should shred. I imagine you will see a much better and complete team in the following weeks. We can walk down the list of the top 25 teams and show a number who struggled against competition they should have dominated on paper (Georgia, Wisconsin, Florida, Arkansas, Texas, South Carolina and Stanford are examples). A host of other teams exploded on offense while their defense gave up a lot of points.

My hopes are always high regardless of what others think of Oklahoma. I'm certainly not happy with the results, but I hope this is a wake up call that this team needs to come out with a sense of urgency every single game. If this team struggles against Florida A&M then I will worry. If we aren't 9-0 coming into Morgan Town then I will be worried.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:49 AM   #276
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
It took 3 missed FGs, 3 OU fumbles fortunately rolling out of bounds, and a terrible decision to fake a punt in their own territory to hold off a team that is just not all that good.

I'm sorry but that d is going to get shredded in the Big 12 and their offense looked very weak, especially on third down. They gave up 177 yards to an RB from friggin UTEP.

I'd rather be a bit lucky and good than not getting any breaks and be great. We had a lot of things go our way in 2000 and we won a MNC not being a great team. The Big 12 is a pass happy league with a few teams that know how to run it. I'd rather have an okay run defense and a vastly improved pass defense compared to last years defense. I think we will be okay. How do you think A&M will do their first year in the SEC?
Old 09-02-2012, 02:58 AM   #277
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
OU has a bad habit of playing to the competition against a number of teams we should shred. I imagine you will see a much better and complete team in the following weeks. We can walk down the list of the top 25 teams and show a number who struggled against competition they should have dominated on paper (Georgia, Wisconsin, Florida, Arkansas, Texas, South Carolina and Stanford are examples). A host of other teams exploded on offense while their defense gave up a lot of points.

My hopes are always high regardless of what others think of Oklahoma. I'm certainly not happy with the results, but I hope this is a wake up call that this team needs to come out with a sense of urgency every single game. If this team struggles against Florida A&M then I will worry. If we aren't 9-0 coming into Morgan Town then I will be worried.

Here's why I bring that up. You could look at that list of teams and I'm not sure if you'd consider them to be real title favorites. And as I understand it (being the son of an OU fan who's family is from Oklahoma) the expectation is to win a championship heading into every year.

Generally a team who has that bad habit is not the one playing in the final game of the year.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:04 AM   #278
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

24-7 and UTEP was lucky as hell to get that 7.

OU looked great, Jones looked fantastic...

UTEP does have a great RB in Jeffrey though...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:09 AM   #279
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Here's why I bring that up. You could look at that list of teams and I'm not sure if you'd consider them to be real title favorites. And as I understand it (being the son of an OU fan who's family is from Oklahoma) the expectation is to win a championship heading into every year.

Generally a team who has that bad habit is not the one playing in the final game of the year.

That expectation is with any great college football team. You could ask a fan of any team with a great tradition what their expectation is, whether it is a bad year or a year in which everyone expects you to be in the mix. We will see if it can be corrected. The o-line had several injuries in the off season and several people leave the team. Outside of Stills we are breaking in several new wide receivers as well due to 2 of our guys being suspended/kicked off the team. I'll worry if we don't put it all together next week before facing K State the week after.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:10 AM   #280
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

Are you high? We did not look great on offense at all and the run defense needs to be better. Special teams needs some work too. Outside of that...yep we looked great.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:29 AM   #281
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Are you high? We did not look great on offense at all and the run defense needs to be better. Special teams needs some work too. Outside of that...yep we looked great.

Prime is to OU and Cowboys football what nerdy teenage girls are to brooding anime characters like Sasuke.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:31 AM   #282
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
How do you think A&M will do their first year in the SEC?

tough to say since the season opener was postponed.

however, after watching Florida today, I think simply winning the TO battle should be enough to beat them.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:04 AM   #283
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

going back to the bama game, i think i came away most impressed with their offense. granted, michigan doesn't have a vaunted D but no way did i expect bama to have four offensive TDs and over 400+ yards of offense. their backs run with purpose and authority and their o-line made huge pushes. their rushing was the big surprise to me as it was a nice varied attack. yeldon was unleashed. a rookie with 100+ yards on only 11 carries? impressive. it already seems like their new OC is making an impact and he even had mccarron air it out a bit on a couple of designed bombs.

let's see if bama can keep up that offensive attack against arkansas in week 3. as far as michigan, let's see if any other team can even hold them to 14 points. the least amount of points they scored last year was against iowa after a couple untimely and unforced TO's. they still scored 16. if you have an elite D, you can hold michigan down.

saban just coaches that D so well. being as inexperienced as they are, an atypical problem is for them to break contain but bama's defense just remained calm and disciplined throughout.

bama simply outclassed michigan and showed why it might not be a good idea to schedule an OOC SEC opponent. high risk, high reward. if you win, people will say, 'well damn, they're contenders.'. if you lose, people will say, 'overrated! won't be able to hang'. there isn't a whole lot of middle ground. at least they scheduled it early since that's about the only saving grace.

it's one game and we have a long season ahead. i'm just glad CFB is back.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-02-2012 at 08:06 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #284
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

Sniffing sharpies again I see...

222 yards 2tds isn't fantastic for a supposed heisman hopeful against an unranked opponent.

Shout out to Kenny stills tho, he's gonna have a great year.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #285
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Special Teams looked bad, ill give you that, and the WRs looked questionable...

Outside of that everything looked great to me...Jones is going to have a huge year.

Defense held them to ZERO
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: