Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #1606
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
That's cool. So A&M played all the Big 12 teams this year in secret scrimmages or something and you know, with certainty, they'd have finished with one loss or ran the table and gone undefeated?

Uhhhh Kansas State lost to fucking Baylor?

Who we beat last year in their BEST SEASON OF ALL TIME. Like we took them behind the shed and raped them with no lube.

And we're twice the team as last year thanks to Kevin Sumlin, KK and Johnny Manziel. (And Sherman I guess for the recruits but he sucked as a coach).

Texas is a joke.
We'll find out about OU.

The rest of Big 12 sucks.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #1607
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Old 12-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #1608
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Uhhhh Kansas State lost to fucking Baylor?

Who we beat last year in their BEST SEASON OF ALL TIME. Like we took them behind the shed and raped them with no lube.

And we're twice the team as last year thanks to Kevin Sumlin, KK and Johnny Manziel. (And Sherman I guess for the recruits but he sucked as a coach).

Texas is a joke.
We'll find out about OU.
The rest of Big 12 sucks.
What does Kansas State losing to Baylor have to do with what Texas A&M would've hypothetically done in the Big 12 this year? And didn't you go 6-6 last year? So that blowout win over Baylor last year means what?

You can sit here and say A&M would've gone undefeated or lost just once in the Big 12 all you want; and you can use a game from last year to bolster your argument. Still doesn't make it fact.

Quote:
Just saying that "this" is the year a defensive player should win it is wrong. Teo wasn't the best playing in CFB.

Either way...Johnny Footbal is the Heisman Trophy win and is by far the most deserving player this year.

Can't wait for him to light up OU and the rest of the SEC next year.
I said this could've been the year a defensive player wins. I thought, for the first time in a long time, a defensive player had a very good case for the award. Manziel might be a better football player but, if we're going to go that route, then someone like Marqise Lee or Clowney are just as deserving as Manziel because they might be the two best football players in the country.

God I hope A&M goes back to being mediocre. I like Manziel and I really like Sumlin and their offense, because they were a lot of fun to watch this year; but you and the other A&M have become extremely annoying lately.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #1609
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

By the way, congrats to Manziel. He's a hell of a player and very deserving of the Heisman. Dude's a freak and a lot of fun to watch. He seems really likable and down to earthy, too.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #1610
Balla_Status

Quote:
What does Kansas State losing to Baylor have to do with what Texas A&M would've hypothetically done in the Big 12 this year? And didn't you go 6-6 last year? So that blowout win over Baylor last year means what?

You can sit here and say A&M would've gone undefeated or lost just once in the Big 12 all you want; and you can use a game from last year to bolster your argument. Still doesn't make it fact.

I said this could've been the year a defensive player wins. I thought, for the first time in a long time, a defensive player had a very good case for the award. Manziel might be a better football player but, if we're going to go that route, then someone like Marqise Lee or Clowney are just as deserving as Manziel because they might be the two best football players in the country.

God I hope A&M goes back to being mediocre. I like Manziel and I really like Sumlin and their offense, because they were a lot of fun to watch this year; but you and the other A&M have become extremely annoying lately.

That we would've beaten Kansas State.

And that Baylor wouldn't have been a challenge for us this year because yes, we were 6-6 (bad) and still railed them last year. We ware a much better team this year. How do you not follow?

Sorry. I can certainly say that A&M would've finished top of the Big 12.

First it was, "You won't compete in the SEC." Now it's "You won't compete in the Big 12."

Sure we didn't for a large portion but now we have a great coach and a great QB. Yeah...those past 10 years don't really matter. And look at our recruiting for next year. Going to the SEC is (so far) the best move A&M football has made.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #1611
Balla_Status

Quote:

Clowney was more deserving than Teo. You'd have a case there.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #1612
KG215

Quote:
That we would've beaten Kansas State.
No, it doesn't, because the game hasn't actually been played. I can sit here and say team A would've beaten team B all I want based on how they looked this season. Still doesn't make it credible or fact.

Quote:
And that Baylor wouldn't have been a challenge for us this year because yes, we were 6-6 (bad) and still railed them last year. We ware a much better team this year. How do you not follow?
I do follow. You're using a lot of hypotheticals and a game from last year to say, with certainty, A&M would've won the Big 12 this year.

Quote:
Sorry. I can certainly say that A&M would've finished top of the Big 12.
You can say it all you want. Doesn't mean it's true.

Quote:
First it was, "You won't compete in the SEC." Now it's "You won't compete in the Big 12."
I said that at the beginning of the year, but I said I didn't think they'd come in and compete at this high of a level right away. I was wrong. I also said and thought A&M had the potential to be a very good SEC team. They've got the tradition, facilities, and recruiting base to be a power. Better than anyone else in the West other than Alabama and LSU.

Quote:
Sure we didn't for a large portion but now we have a great coach and a great QB. Yeah...those past 10 years don't really matter. And look at our recruiting for next year. Going to the SEC is (so far) the best move A&M football has made.
I've never denied that. I've always felt like A&M was one of the biggest sleeping giants in college football. They've just been so mediocre for so long, I was beginning to have doubts. Sumlin seems like the right/perfect fit, so they finally may have the right coach to take them to their full potential.

Last edited by KG215 : 12-08-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #1613
Balla_Status

Damn. Some people REAL mad Johnny Fucking Football is the best CFB in the nation.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #1614
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

you just mad Arkansas is will be stuck fighting for 4th with Ole Miss and Miss St in the SEC West for the foreseeable future.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:21 AM   #1615
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm

you just mad Arkansas is will be stuck fighting for 4th with Ole Miss and Miss St in the SEC West for the foreseeable future.
Yep, you've got me figured out.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:50 AM   #1616
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why is he a 20yr old freshman? He got left back?

Te'o should've won it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:54 AM   #1617
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Te'o should've won it.

Redshirt.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #1618
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Te'o should've won it.

No. Teo shouldn't have won it at all. There are several players that should have gotten it before him.

He probably isn't even the best defensive player on his team.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #1619
Balla_Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
No. Teo shouldn't have won it at all. There are several players that should have gotten it before him.

He probably isn't even the best defensive player on his team.

Yep. He rode his hawaiian ethnicity, his feel good story about his gf/grandma and the Notre Dame hype train all the way to the heisman trophy presentation.

He'll be good in the NFL but Jarvis Jones and Jadeavan Clowney are better than him.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #1620
kentatm
NBA Legend

I dont think his ethnicity had anything to do with it.

I do think his personal tragedy and the Domer media love did though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: