Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #1591
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
So everybody in agreement Johnny Manziel should win the heisman right?
Yup.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #1592
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:53 AM   #1593
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Purdue hired Darrell Hazell from Kent State. I'm really, really pumped about it.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #1594
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Tennessee has hired Butch Jones as their Head Coach.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #1595
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #1596
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tommy Tubberville just left Texas Tech for Cincinnati.

dafaq?

now those sand fleas are gonna try and steal Kingsbury from A&M.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #1597
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Does OJ Simpson still get a heisman vote?
Old 12-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #1598
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILIP BONDY
And, as a former winner, Simpson still votes in Heisman elections. He traditionally has relayed his ballot from prison whenever
necessary, even as he waited in jail while facing homocide charges.
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010...n-trophy-trust

I hope T'eo wins. Seems like such an amazing person.

But the frosh won. As long as it wasn't Klein.

Last edited by IGotACoolStory : 12-08-2012 at 09:01 PM.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #1599
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not that Manziel isn't deserving, because he is, but I thought if there ever might be a year a defensive player (a player who plays defense only) could break through and win it, this would be it. Again, no problem with Manziel winning, but the Heisman really is the "Most Outstanding Offensive Player" more so than it is most outstanding player. I guess that's been the case for a long time, though.

Scary thing is, I'm not sure Manziel is a surefire NFL QB, so I think he's a four year player. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he won it again. He's really, really good, and plays in offense that lends itself to insane numbers by a dual threat QB with his talent.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #1600
Balla_Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Not that Manziel isn't deserving, because he is, but I thought if there ever might be a year a defensive player (a player who plays defense only) could break through and win it, this would be it. Again, no problem with Manziel winning, but the Heisman really is the "Most Outstanding Offensive Player" more so than it is most outstanding player. I guess that's been the case for a long time, though.

Scary thing is, I'm not sure Manziel is a surefire NFL QB, so I think he's a four year player. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he won it again. He's really, really good, and plays in offense that lends itself to insane numbers by a dual threat QB with his talent.

Manti Teo rode the Notre Dame hype to the heisman trophy presentation.

And his gf/grandma dying in the same day helped too. Heisman isn't a citizen's award. It's a best CFB player award.

Johnny Manziel will be in the NFL...I can agree about your QB sentiment but the dude can play football. Louisiana Tech recovered a fumble and ran it almost all the way back for a touchdown. Who chased him down? Johnny Manziel. He forced a fumble...a fellow LA tech recovered it and then Johnny tackled him down.

The play was ruled dead and the fumble never counted but still...he is Johnny Fucking Football for a reason.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #1601
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Close results, all the votes from the SEC region. Wondering what would happened if A&M stayed.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #1602
Balla_Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Close results, all the votes from the SEC region. Wondering what would happened if A&M stayed.

We'd be Big 12 champs playing Alabama in the BCS National Championship game.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #1603
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Manti Teo rode the Notre Dame hype to the heisman trophy presentation.

And his gf/grandma dying in the same day helped too. Heisman isn't a citizen's award. It's a best CFB player award.

Johnny Manziel will be in the NFL...I can agree about your QB sentiment but the dude can play football. Louisiana Tech recovered a fumble and ran it almost all the way back for a touchdown. Who chased him down? Johnny Manziel. He forced a fumble...a fellow LA tech recovered it and then Johnny tackled him down.

The play was ruled dead and the fumble never counted but still...he is Johnny Fucking Football for a reason.
Youc an say almost every Heisman finalist rode some sort of "hype" to the trophy presentation. Te'o anchored one of the best defenses in the nation who was also #1 and the only undefeated team in the country.

I don't give two shits about what Dat Nguyen did in 1998. He was a great player, and probably deserved more Heisman consideration, but that has nothing to do with 2012 and Manti Te'o.

And I didn't say Manziel wouldn't play in the NFL. I'm just not sure he's a surefire QB in the sense that he'll probably leave after next year or his junior year. He just feels like a four year player. I'm not denying his athleticism or how good he was, either.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #1604
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
We'd be Big 12 champs playing Alabama in the BCS National Championship game.
That's cool. So A&M played all the Big 12 teams this year in secret scrimmages or something and you know, with certainty, they'd have finished with one loss or ran the table and gone undefeated?
Old 12-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #1605
Balla_Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Youc an say almost every Heisman finalist rode some sort of "hype" to the trophy presentation. Te'o anchored one of the best defenses in the nation who was also #1 and the only undefeated team in the country.

I don't give two shits about what Dat Nguyen did in 1998. He was a great player, and probably deserved more Heisman consideration, but that has nothing to do with 2012 and Manti Te'o.

And I didn't say Manziel wouldn't play in the NFL. I'm just not sure he's a surefire QB in the sense that he'll probably leave after next year or his junior year. He just feels like a four year player. I'm not denying his athleticism or how good he was, either.

Just saying that "this" is the year a defensive player should win it is wrong. Teo wasn't the best playing in CFB.

Either way...Johnny Footbal is the Heisman Trophy win and is by far the most deserving player this year.

Can't wait for him to light up OU and the rest of the SEC next year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: