Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-04-2012, 12:56 AM   #1576
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Dude seemed offended...his niece goes or went to Baylor. He himself never went to Waco and maybe I was being a little bit of a dick but was just being honest. I remember driving through it with my parents on the way to houston and thinking it was a shithole. And this was way before I was an aggie fan.

I wouldn't say its as bad as Odessa or Lubbock.

Although... those two mainly suck b/c they are off in BFE...

Perhaps you are right.

oh wait, Gun Barrel. That place is hick land.

So I guess Waco is only the second worst place in Texas I've been to.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:58 AM   #1577
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer
butch jones expected to be the next head coach of colorado.

good luck to him, he'll need it.

that admin is all kinds of screwed up.

its really starting to look like they hired Embree knowing full well they would fire him as soon as the Pac 12 Network $$$ started rolling in.

thats a super f-ed up thing to do to one of your own graduates.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #1578
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Cincinnati coach Butch Jones will meet with school president Santa Ono on Tuesday about his future with the Bearcats.

Jones has interviewed at Purdue and Colorado in the past few days. He is expected to make a decision regarding whether to stay at Cincinnati or take the Colorado job at some point Tuesday. Sources said Purdue is no longer in the running.

The Denver Post reported Colorado has offered Jones a five-year, $13.5 million contract.

Cincinnati already had a Tuesday afternoon news conference to discuss the Bearcats' upcoming participation in the Belk Bowl against Duke. Jones was on hand to talk with the media and said, "I'm still the head football coach here. I think that speaks volumes."

"I think all you have to do is look at my past and the past years of what's happened and I'm still the head football coach here," Jones said. He then threatened to end the news conference if anyone else asked another question on his job status.

Jones is 50-27 in six seasons at Cincinnati and Central Michigan, three at each school. This season, Cincinnati finished 9-3 and in a four-way tie for the Big East title, Jones' second league championship at UC.

link
Old 12-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #1579
kentatm
NBA Legend

Angry Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Quote:
Arkansas to hire Bret Bielema as new football coach

In a stunning coup, Arkansas will hire Wisconsin's Bret Bielema as its next football coach, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

Bielema, who has taken the Badgers to three straight Rose Bowls, was nowhere on the radar amid months of speculation over who Arkansas would hire.

An announcement will come Tuesday, sources told Y! Sports, but Bielema is not expected to be introduced until Wednesday.

link

ugh of course the pigs would hire a guy I can't stand.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #1580
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We just took Wisconsin's head coach, fresh off a four year stretch where he's gone 39-13 and been to three Rose Bowls (I know this year ws by default) and we've got just as many fans pissed off about the hire as we do fans who are excited about the hire.

We have to have the most delusional and ignorant fanbase in the country. I'm convinced. Reading and hearing some of the fan reaction around here, and you'd think we just hired Wyoming's head coach.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #1581
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Oh, and Auburn got Gus Malzahn. Really like that hire. Was hoping we'd go after him, but I'll take Bielema.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #1582
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

"Hottest" CF cheerleaders:
http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/30_amazing_college_football_cheerleaders_best_of_2 012/12348976?refmod=backyard&refsrc=foxsports

Some are pretty meh, but #11 (Miami) is hot.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #1583
beer
UCLA alumnus

beer is considered somewhat coolbeer is considered somewhat cool

^i don't mean to be a jerk but she's pretty ugly... her nose is huge.

#13 auburn's cheerleader is much hotter
beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #1584
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
We just took Wisconsin's head coach, fresh off a four year stretch where he's gone 39-13 and been to three Rose Bowls (I know this year ws by default) and we've got just as many fans pissed off about the hire as we do fans who are excited about the hire.

We have to have the most delusional and ignorant fanbase in the country. I'm convinced. Reading and hearing some of the fan reaction around here, and you'd think we just hired Wyoming's head coach.

I can completely understand why people wouldn't be thrilled with him.

This is the guy that just last year was shitting on the SEC like its a plague on the CFB world. He was pissing and moaning about Urban Meyer going after players who were already committed. What is he going to do in the SEC when EVERY coach is going to be that?

Then when you consider the offense he will likely run it looks like Arky is going to go through major transitional plains as they simply do not have the players to run it.

Also, does this guy have any recruiting ties to Texas and Louisiana HS football coaches? Without them he is DOA.

His success at Wisconsin is solid. But his assistant hires are going to make or break him b/c I doubt he has the knowledge of the region to get the recruits y'all will need.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:57 AM   #1585
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That seems a bit odd. He's had good success at Wisky and has no ties to the south.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #1586
kentatm
NBA Legend

http://outkickthecoverage.com/arkans...-our-hands.php

hmm...
Old 12-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #1587
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
I can completely understand why people wouldn't be thrilled with him.

This is the guy that just last year was shitting on the SEC like its a plague on the CFB world. He was pissing and moaning about Urban Meyer going after players who were already committed. What is he going to do in the SEC when EVERY coach is going to be that?

Then when you consider the offense he will likely run it looks like Arky is going to go through major transitional plains as they simply do not have the players to run it.

Also, does this guy have any recruiting ties to Texas and Louisiana HS football coaches? Without them he is DOA.

His success at Wisconsin is solid. But his assistant hires are going to make or break him b/c I doubt he has the knowledge of the region to get the recruits y'all will need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm

You got all that out of your system now?
Old 12-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #1588
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
You got all that out of your system now?

sorry for not sucking off Akry's hire

you wondered why some werent thrilled and I gave you legit reasons.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #1589
beer
UCLA alumnus

beer is considered somewhat coolbeer is considered somewhat cool

ok so now cal's board is saying they hired sonny dykes... saying it will be announced tonight...

my bad on the info about butch davis to colorado. i was on a sc board basking in their misery. they were reporting it a done deal.

Last edited by beer : 12-05-2012 at 07:40 PM.
beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #1590
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

So everybody in agreement Johnny Manziel should win the heisman right?
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: