Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-23-2007, 04:24 AM   #106
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32
That's what I've been saying all along. The next few games/weeks/months, you'll see the most humble Anthony/Iverson ever. They'll share to rock till you puke.

But after the honeymoon ends and they get dealt a few harsh blows, their egos will start to resurface. "I'd have hit that shot", "I should be this teams go-to-guy" and so on. Thoughts like that surface sooner or later if you're used to being your team's leading scorer, and it'll nag on you and take its toll if you're not careful.

of course... people will be saying that after weeks, months, even a year...
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:25 AM   #107
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
Maybe AI can teach Melo how to throw a punch.

1/10
Old 01-23-2007, 04:26 AM   #108
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASH = BEST
Is it just me or does anyone else think that AI looks smaller and fatter in that ugly Denver uniform?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Time for people to realize that AI isn't a winning type of player because he plays a loser style...

ai-haters in action. losing respect by the second.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:53 AM   #109
pennstate73
I brick open layups

pennstate73 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Grizzlies should win it due to this reason

So sorry
pennstate73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:21 AM   #110
Tas Melas
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Tas Melas has an OK reputation so far
Default Why-verson you haters?

Why is everybody hating on AI? Can't you guys appreciate the special player that he is? His skills are incredible, his resiliency is even more amazing. He's a hall-of-famer and he'll make things work pretty well in Denver, he's too talented not to.

He is definitely one of the best players under 6-feet ever. I don't care that he's listed at 6 feet. AI is a winner, period.

For a great b-ball podcast check out http://www.thebasketballjones.net
Tas Melas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:31 AM   #111
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tas Melas
AI is a winner, period.[/url]

I respect AI, I've read his biography, and I think he's one of the most talented players ever.
But I don't think he's the type to defer to another player in the long run. He's just too self-reliant for that. Part of his warrior personality seems to be that he believes that he himself and alone should be the key to his team's success.
And so far he's been everything but a winner in this league.

Don't get me wrong, I've said time and again that I really wish for this Nuggets team to work out and for Iverson finally to be successful. But I have serious doubts about that.
Oh, and he and Melo were really clicking, weren't they last night? That's what I told you before, expect them to be deferring to each other in the extreme the next few weeks.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:53 AM   #112
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Man, I gotta admit..... I was gettin jealous watchin those guys ball and excite the fans......

I think AI and Carmelo will be fine as long as the other players play their role and Karl keeps a level head

P.S

Glove 20 is hilarious

He is bragging about how he is always correct while wearing a chicago bears avatar...

guy is a nutball

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 01-23-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:03 PM   #113
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32
I respect AI, I've read his biography, and I think he's one of the most talented players ever.
But I don't think he's the type to defer to another player in the long run. He's just too self-reliant for that. Part of his warrior personality seems to be that he believes that he himself and alone should be the key to his team's success.
And so far he's been everything but a winner in this league.

Don't get me wrong, I've said time and again that I really wish for this Nuggets team to work out and for Iverson finally to be successful. But I have serious doubts about that.
Oh, and he and Melo were really clicking, weren't they last night? That's what I told you before, expect them to be deferring to each other in the extreme the next few weeks.

based on what? theres nothing to base that opinion on. his time in philly? when he was THE MAN? had to shoot every time? had no one to pass to? hes never been in a position like this so those assumptions dont work at all.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:35 PM   #114
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow they have chemistry
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:39 PM   #115
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I think AI and Carmelo will be fine as long as the other players play their role and Karl keeps a level head
I agree. That's why the Boykins trade was big, if you ask me. Getting a player like Blake who plays within his role and doesn't make stupid decisions will be key to making the tandem work. Throwing Boykins in there would just ruin it.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:50 PM   #116
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

iverson had the hot hand but only took 16 shot attempts.

meanwhile, carmelo, who was quite rusty, went kobe style and jacked up 25 FGAs despite bricking most of them. (he only made 10 out of 25).

so whose team is it?

clearly, it's not the new guy.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: