Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #2911
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Ya, I just flat out disagree with RBA on this. I don't want to put more players on waivers. If you're having to go to the FA heap, you SHOULD have to get creative. It SHOULD be challenging to find a worthwhile play. If there's obviously good options out there on waivers all the time, you're rewarding the owners with bad teams. If you failed to craft a deep roster through your draft and earlier waiver moves, that's on you. The good teams shouldn't have to coddle the bad teams by being forced to drop good players that they were smart enough to pick up.

Now what I do think we definitely need is FAAB, and/or continuous waivers. I don't know if this is what happened, but PT shouldn't get an award for simply being faster to his computer than Illini. But if they had both had equal opportunities to get those QB's, and PT had simply bid more FAAB, I'd consider it a great move. Part of fantasy football is playing keep away from your opponents. You don't just ignore making pickups once you think you're starting lineup is set, you want to keep good players out of other people's lineups.
It wasn't a case of me being faster either time, it was a case of RBA and Illini not paying attention...it happened at free agency, neither of them were active to pursue their needs on the waviers wire...

If you wait till the last minute to get a position you don't have, you really shouldn't be shocked if your opponent snagged them up to keep them from you...its on YOU
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:29 AM   #2912
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
It wasn't a case of me being faster either time, it was a case of RBA and Illini not paying attention...it happened at free agency, neither of them were active to pursue their needs on the waviers wire...

If you wait till the last minute to get a position you don't have, you really shouldn't be shocked if your opponent snagged them up to keep them from you...its on YOU

I definitely agree. The moves you made were shrewd, fair, and should definitely be allowed. I just wanted to stump for FAAB again, which we would be insane not to use next year.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:52 AM   #2913
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We will certainly have a vote next year and if the majority want this kind of "strategy" to continue, it will. Excuse me if I'm not impressed by the shrewdness of loading your roster with players you have no intention of using just to screw an opponent. That takes zero football knowledge and a 10-year-old could do it.

It just isn't the kind of FF I enjoy partaking in and I wouldn't do it even if it increased my chances of winning. Not calling you a d!ck... Just saying I wouldn't do it.

Plenty of people may disagree with me and that's fine. You guys want to continue it the way it is, fine by me. I'm not married to roster restrictions... Just a preference that has developed over a decade of playing the game.

Takes much more skill, imho.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 11-22-2012 at 02:56 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:35 AM   #2914
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn, Nuggetsfan beats me to all my RB handcuffs lol. Ive done a poor job managing my roster the last month due to time constraints w/ my school work but there is always next year.

I think Nugs vs SCY would be the most appropriate championship game in this league but you never know what will happen.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:00 AM   #2915
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
We will certainly have a vote next year and if the majority want this kind of "strategy" to continue, it will. Excuse me if I'm not impressed by the shrewdness of loading your roster with players you have no intention of using just to screw an opponent. That takes zero football knowledge and a 10-year-old could do it.

It just isn't the kind of FF I enjoy partaking in and I wouldn't do it even if it increased my chances of winning. Not calling you a d!ck... Just saying I wouldn't do it.

Plenty of people may disagree with me and that's fine. You guys want to continue it the way it is, fine by me. I'm not married to roster restrictions... Just a preference that has developed over a decade of playing the game.

I guess you are less shrewd than a 10 year old then, because you didn't see it coming?

A 10 year old could also plug in all of yahoos top projections each week and be a legit contender in this league...so that isn't saying much.

It's a game, if you are playing within the rules, and it increases your chances of winning, why would you NOT do it? I'm sure Jerry has signed players he doesn't want in the hands of other NFC East foes, should he be restricted from that? ..."no no, only 3 RBs Jerry, you have to leave some for the other teams that weren't paying attention"
Old 11-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #2916
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I guess you are less shrewd than a 10 year old then, because you didn't see it coming?

This. It's pretty easy to avoid. Just grab the top QB off of waivers if you need one. You don't want to use your waiver priority? Tough. Using FAAB would solve that issue though, as you can make small bids for bye week fill-ins, you don't have to blow your spot in the order or all your FAAB dollars.

BTW even if we only allowed teams 2 QB's, people would still use this strategy. PT was only rostering 1 QB coming into the week, so the first QB he took off the wire would have been legal.

Quote:

It takes skill to plug in a starting RB off the WW who wasn't owned due to roster restrictions? Can you explain why you think bad teams are entitled to have obvious pick ups sitting out there for them, and why good owners should be forced to drop players they did the legwork on because of restrictions?
Old 11-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #2917
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Wait, what?

When did I not see it coming? What the hell are you talking about?

Quote:
It's a game, if you are playing within the rules, and it increases your chances of winning, why would you NOT do it? I'm sure Jerry has signed players he doesn't want in the hands of other NFC East foes, should he be restricted from that? ..."no no, only 3 RBs Jerry, you have to leave some for the other teams that weren't paying attention"

Again, what? Did I ever say you did anything illegal or against the rules? Pretty sure I didn't. This is an issue I've pushed in the past and it is not only because of what you've chosen to do this year.

You are just trying to argue for arguments sake... Like always. Never said you did anything illegal... Just noted we need to take another look at the rules for next season. Period. Nothing more, nothing less. If you disagree, then vote to keep things the way they are in the time comes. Not much more to it than that.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #2918
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
It takes skill to plug in a starting RB off the WW who wasn't owned due to roster restrictions? Can you explain why you think bad teams are entitled to have obvious pick ups sitting out there for them, and why good owners should be forced to drop players they did the legwork on because of restrictions?
It takes skill because you essentially have to drop a running back to pick one up. When the next hot waiver wire stud comes along, you can't just pick him up and drop a defense or a kicker or a tight end or whatever the lowest man on your roster is... You have to actually think about the longterm implications of roster moves.

And, plenty of leagues have FAAB and roster restrictions. I don't see what one thing has to do with the other.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #2919
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I benched Felix Jones cause someone told me he was out. I'm salty right now.

I hope Sproles gets negative pts vs SF defense.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #2920
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wow, the NE game went as well as I could hope for. I need a win badly if I want to have any hope of sneaking into playoffs.

In the ISH premier league my team scored 115 yesterday and I still have Steve Smith, James Jones, Lance Moore, Reggie Bush, and Jermaine Gresham to play lol.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #2921
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:
It takes skill because you essentially have to drop a running back to pick one up. When the next hot waiver wire stud comes along, you can't just pick him up and drop a defense or a kicker or a tight end or whatever the lowest man on your roster is... You have to actually think about the longterm implications of roster moves.

So screw the guy who was smart enough to own 4 good RB's, he can't have another one? As it is, I've had to make plenty of tough calls in this league.

Quote:
And, plenty of leagues have FAAB and roster restrictions. I don't see what one thing has to do with the other.

My point on FAAB is simply pointing out the huge problem with our waiver system. I'm guessing the reason Illini didn't make a waiver claim for a bye week QB is because he didn't want to "waste" his spot in the waiver order. This system penalizes you the same for each pickup, whether you're picking up the new hot RB or simply a bye week fill in at QB. So after waivers end, it's a free for all for those vultures who are awake at 4 AM to pick up the guys people wanted but didn't want to waste their spot in the order for. It's a joke of a system. Any self-respecting league needs to be using FAAB.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #2922
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Wait, what?

When did I not see it coming? What the hell are you talking about?
when I snagged up the defenses before you had one...it's so simple minded a 10 year old could do it right? well then how come you didn't grab one before I did?...Surely you saw that coming?

Not sure if you aren't getting this for real or just playing dumb...
Quote:
Again, what? Did I ever say you did anything illegal or against the rules? Pretty sure I didn't. This is an issue I've pushed in the past and it is not only because of what you've chosen to do this year.

You are just trying to argue for arguments sake... Like always. Never said you did anything illegal... Just noted we need to take another look at the rules for next season. Period. Nothing more, nothing less. If you disagree, then vote to keep things the way they are in the time comes. Not much more to it than that.
I'm not arguing to argue, YOU are the one that has an issue with the moves I made agaisnt you and illini, not me...this is a debate that you sparked

We can take a look at the rules again next year...All I am saying is that I am against having my roster restricted...you are making your case now, so I am I.

for the record, I am against ANYTHING that Yahoo doesn't support...if we have to come into this thread in order to regulate something, I vote NAY.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #2923
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I sure would love to know what RBA SCY and PT are talking about but... just too much text for a pothead to sort through
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #2924
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
I sure would love to know what RBA SCY and PT are talking about but... just too much text for a pothead to sort through
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #2925
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
RBA doesn't like that I picked up players for the sole purpose of keeping them away from my opponent and would like to bring back roster restrictions because of it, and me and SCY are arguing against...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: