Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #16
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board
Default Re: Lin agrees to terms with the Houston Rockets

All the teams know the knicks organization is soft as hell, we are always gonna be taking advantage of. Always giving away our first round picks for second round players, overpaying for middle of the road players, no bs alot of guys on this forum ideas are alot better than anything the fo does.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #17
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why do I get the feeling we will still bring Lin back? Felton is only making 10 mil over three years...which is only a mil over what Kidd makes.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #18
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

Im starting to get the same feeling, this dumbass organization is pathetic. The contract started with 4 yrs 25 million, with a big increase in the last yr. Now the rockets get grimey by shortening the years with the same amount of dough!!!! Also in the last year the rockets pay 8 million, while the knicks have to pay 15 million.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #19
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
Im starting to get the same feeling, this dumbass organization is pathetic. The contract started with 4 yrs 25 million, with a big increase in the last yr. Now the rockets get grimey by shortening the years with the same amount of dough!!!! Also in the last year the rockets pay 8 million, while the knicks have to pay 15 million.
Yea, I heard about that. How does that work? You have any literature explaining it? It'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #20
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Yea, I heard about that. How does that work? You have any literature explaining it? It'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
nah man im sorry, i got the info from tweets from frank isola and mark berman from the post.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #21
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
nah man im sorry, i got the info from tweets from frank isola and mark berman from the post.
Its all good. Ill do some research n see what I can find.I
Old 07-16-2012, 01:16 AM   #22
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

sayonarra to lin.

Lin and Houston did nothing wrong IMHO. its a business and the Knicks took a risk by allowing Lin to find his market value.

I am highly supportive of athletes getting there money. if the knicks dont want to pay thats there problem.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:30 AM   #23
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

The original offer was 9 mill with a team option but they upped the offer to 14 mill the 3rd year to put the Knicks in luxury tax hell.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:38 AM   #24
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

good luck houston, enjoy linsanity (dolan should have trademark that to the knicks)
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #25
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
sayonarra to lin.

Lin and Houston did nothing wrong IMHO. its a business and the Knicks took a risk by allowing Lin to find his market value.

I am highly supportive of athletes getting there money. if the knicks dont want to pay thats there problem.
I agree. Lin chose to take the wiser business decision over familiarity. I can't blame him for that. At the same time, there are a lot of ignorant Knicks fans that will blame Dolan and the Knicks front office for not matching...when essentially they did the same thing. Lin going to Houston is the best decision financially in his opinion. Us not matching was the best business decision also. No love lost here. I enjoyed him as a Knick while he was here and I'm happy he brought excitement to the Garden and NYC. I wish the kid good luck. He's certainly gonna need it. He has to face Paul, Nash, Westbrook, Parker, Lawson, Rubio and Curry 4 times each.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #26
Rameek
Krust Kingz

I like him and i really wish other knick players had his work ethic. You can bash him on the way out not me he's a winner. Now he's getting paid. I thought he was a good match with Melo especially with Stat not being a contributor most nights. He could have been that robin to his batman.

lin h8terz better pray felton comes to play mentally and physically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I agree. Lin chose to take the wiser business decision over familiarity. I can't blame him for that. At the same time, there are a lot of ignorant Knicks fans that will blame Dolan and the Knicks front office for not matching...when essentially they did the same thing. Lin going to Houston is the best decision financially in his opinion. Us not matching was the best business decision also. No love lost here. I enjoyed him as a Knick while he was here and I'm happy he brought excitement to the Garden and NYC. I wish the kid good luck. He's certainly gonna need it. He has to face Paul, Nash, Westbrook, Parker, Lawson, Rubio and Curry 4 times each.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #27
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

NY Post:

Just four days ago, Woodson gushed that the Knicks would “absolutely’’ match the Rockets’ offer sheet and said Lin would be the starter at point guard to open training camp.
But that was before Lin secretly flew to Las Vegas to change the offer sheet and turn a four-year, $28 million deal with $19 million guaranteed into a fully guaranteed three-year, $25 million contract — with the final year a balloon payment of $14.9 million that Carmelo Anthony called “ridiculous’’ yesterday.
How ridiculous? The Knicks are expected to be over the luxury-tax threshold for three straight years by 2014-15, and repeat taxpayers will be subject to the harshest of luxury-tax penalties.
If all of Lin’s $14.9 million salary comes in over the threshold, the first $5 million will be taxed at a 2.5-to-1 ratio. The next $5 million will be taxed at a 2.75-to-1 ratio. The final $4.9 million is taxed a 3.5-to-1 ratio.
The math shows the tax alone on Lin’s final year would be $43.4 million, meaning the entire bill that season could be $58.3 million.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #28
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Doesnt matter what the luxury tax hit would be. I rather make a play for CP3 next season or someone like of that ilk. At least go in the luxury tax zone for an established star and not potential. I do believe he will turn out to be a top 3rd PG but not after 26 games.

I am a big supporter of giving Lin a chance but he isnt worth it.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #29
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Doesnt matter what the luxury tax hit would be. I rather make a play for CP3 next season or someone like of that ilk. At least go in the luxury tax zone for an established star and not potential. I do believe he will turn out to be a top 3rd PG but not after 26 games.

I am a big supporter of giving Lin a chance but he isnt worth it.
So you think Jeremy Lin will be a top 10 PG in the NBA?

Last edited by Da KO King : 07-16-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #30
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You could possibly use Lin to trade to LA. I am sure Sterling would love the money Lin brings to the team.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: