Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 07-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
SacJB Shady
College superstar

SacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputation
Default Karl Malone as the Kind of the road

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/02/21/sp...ted=all&src=pm

Saw this old article. Can someone explain to me this obsession he has with trucking? If he really spent all that time driving across the country, then how did he work out like 6 hours a day? Im confused.
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation
Default Re: Karl Malone as the Kind of the road

It was more like he did a couple runs for vacation type thing than a guy out there 70 hours a week. I think he'd pick up potatoes from Idaho once in a while and stuff like that.

I think it was something that interested him as a boy, then he grew up and found out it's not quite as cool as he thought, and bottom line is that it's work, the fun runs out pretty quick.

Last edited by Chalkmaze : 07-24-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:12 AM   #3
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...l-of-Fame.html
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...-the-work.html

Nine years after they last played together, Karl Malone and John Stockton appeared Tuesday night at EnergySolutions Arena in game shape. That's no exaggeration.

Malone's biceps were threatening to split his suit sleeves, yet his stomach was as flat as his game-day glare. Stockton arrived looking cool and lean in a dark suit, the same size he wore when he retired.

"Same weight," Stockton said. "My goal is not to change that."

Both appeared fit enough, if not quick enough, to again play for the Jazz. Talk about a plan: Retire rich, keep your health and skip the game day shoot-arounds.

"If my life depended on it which it don't but if it did, I could play a little bit," Malone said. "But there'd be a lot of fouls. And I'm gonna foul you hard, by the way."...

..Stockton's rejoinder: "I (still) think about him when I'm in the weight room."...

..Malone works out several times a week, two hours at a time.

"I train because I get edgy if I go a couple of days and don't work out," he said.

Stockton?

"Mostly I go in the weight room and visit," Stockton said.

Right...
Old 10-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #5
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Stockton still plays a lot of basketball, but tends to be of the pick-up variety. He know's his NBA playing days are over. "I'm pretty sure I couldn't guard the speedy guys out front, but I'm also sure that Karl could. He has the strength and size and talent to get it done."

Malone has always been approachable, affable and opinionated. It's gotten him into trouble at times, but you can always count on Karl for performance and a sound bite.

Stockton is reserved, polite and self-depricating.

As large and commanding as Malone's physique is, Stockton is the yin to Malone's yang. Undersized, underestimated, and the owner of the greatest basketball IQ in NBA history, Stockton still finds time to compete on the court, "I can still pass it to the right guys and run up and down the floor a little bit, but I can't guard any of my kids anymore except for Samuel and he's 11 and they can guard me with ease. It's a frustrating turn of events."

Still one more Stockton to come.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: