Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #106
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King
 
OhNoTimNoSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,403
OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Michael Jordan : The Legend Of The Greatest

If they sold little vials of Jordan's semen, ISH would be the #1 customer.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #107
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago's Finest
Posts: 2,498
Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board
Default Re: Michael Jordan : The Legend Of The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
If they sold little vials of Jordan's semen, ISH would be the #1 customer.
Bigger question being, if you're such a ball fan ... how could you NOT copp?
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #108
OldSchoolBBall
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,754
OldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Michael Jordan : The Legend Of The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
I agree. It's a blatant travel, especially in replay and not in real time.

But in real time, this would be hardly noticeable. Now, compare it to OldSchool's pointed out move from Jordan.

MJ's move was even faster, and he slid his foot as opposed to picking up and CHANGING pivot feet. Yet that's the one kid has a problem with and posts a huge rant on.

Exactly. This dude is a moron if he doesn't believe that EVERY player gets away with worse than that and that it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to notice that amount/type of movement in real time.
OldSchoolBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #109
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA
 
9erempiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California of America
Posts: 12,790
9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Michael Jordan : The Legend Of The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
What are your thoughts on this BEAUTIFUL "move"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flJbTCY4_YA

That's not sarcasm, either. I love this move. MJ used to do it too on step backs, but without the step through.

I have seen better from Bryant.

Not one of my favorites.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #110
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA
 
9erempiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California of America
Posts: 12,790
9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Michael Jordan : The Legend Of The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
Exactly. This dude is a moron if he doesn't believe that EVERY player gets away with worse than that and that it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to notice that amount/type of movement in real time.

yes, players get away with travel and sometimes murder in the game of basketball but that is not the point.

The point was all these people jocking a move that was only effective because he traveled.

The defender doesn't bite if MJ didn't lift his pivot foot. If I was playing defense and see his pivot foot move, as taught by coaches to look at waist and legs, I would have bit too.

Like I said, if he pivoted correctly and legally there would be no "move" to talk about.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #111
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago's Finest
Posts: 2,498
Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board
Default Re: Michael Jordan : The Legend Of The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
I have seen better from Bryant.

Not one of my favorites.
It's a travel though, right?

Why no venomous response to it the way you did for the MJ play?

Which in all sincerity is the least obvious travel of all of these. It went so fast, and he slid the foot in response to a quickly attacking double team. Disguised it. Now, check these.

Multiple travels here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJOG-XmC6O4

Another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EvvXgeOP-g

Multiple travels in one sequence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fOn57QHJYI
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #112
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA
 
9erempiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California of America
Posts: 12,790
9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Michael Jordan : The Legend Of The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
It's a travel though, right?

Why no venomous response to it the way you did for the MJ play?

Which in all sincerity is the least obvious travel of all of these. It went so fast, and he slid the foot in response to a quickly attacking double team. Disguised it. Now, check these.

Multiple travels here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJOG-XmC6O4

Another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EvvXgeOP-g

Multiple travels in one sequence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fOn57QHJYI

You just can't be reasoned with and people that can't be reasoned with are not very intelligent.

The point I was making is that there is no "move" to talk about if MJ didn't lift his pivot foot.

We're not going to debate Kobe travels versus MJ travels.

Strictly on that move, by lifting his pivot foot, it meant MJ was going to put the ball on the floor and dribble but he didn't, therefore, causing this "fake".

I have already said players get away with traveling if we want to be technical but this "move" by MJ was a direct cause from lifting his pivot.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #113
OldSchoolBBall
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,754
OldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Michael Jordan : The Legend Of The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
You just can't be reasoned with and people that can't be reasoned with are not very intelligent.

The point I was making is that there is no "move" to talk about if MJ didn't lift his pivot foot.

We're not going to debate Kobe travels versus MJ travels.

Strictly on that move, by lifting his pivot foot, it meant MJ was going to put the ball on the floor and dribble but he didn't, therefore, causing this "fake".

I have already said players get away with traveling if we want to be technical but this "move" by MJ was a direct cause from lifting his pivot.

Except he never lifted the foot, he slid it like 3-4". And at that speed and angle, Blaylock most certainly did NOT see that and it was NOT what caused him to bite. You're out of your mind.

Last edited by OldSchoolBBall : 02-05-2013 at 08:32 PM.
OldSchoolBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #114
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago's Finest
Posts: 2,498
Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board
Default Re: Michael Jordan : The Legend Of The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
Except he never lifted the foot, douchebag, he slid it like 3-4". And at that speed and angle, Blaylock most certainly did NOT see that and it was NOT what caused him to bite. You're out of your mind.
It was the speed and lean of the pivot jab step ... Blaylock was an elite defender too.

And like we said, he slid the foot, didn't lift or change the pivot foot. It's the agenda of his wreaking through. No comment on the Kobe move. His shuffling of the pivot, changing the pivot, and illegal step through not being what sold Ginobili on the move.

But the illegality of Jordan's move is solely what made the defender flip in the total opposite direction.

Ummm, ok. Agenda, exposed. What a clown.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #115
Dro
College star
 
Dro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Naptown aka Indianapolis
Posts: 4,141
Dro has decent reputationDro has decent reputation
Default Re: Michael Jordan : The Legend Of The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
It was the speed and lean of the pivot jab step ... Blaylock was an elite defender too.

And like we said, he slid the foot, didn't lift or change the pivot foot. It's the agenda of his wreaking through. No comment on the Kobe move. His shuffling of the pivot, changing the pivot, and illegal step through not being what sold Ginobili on the move.

But the illegality of Jordan's move is solely what made the defender flip in the total opposite direction.

Ummm, ok. Agenda, exposed. What a clown.
Thats why he's on ignore...He's a ridiculous Kobe stan...The likes Ive never seen before...
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #116
Asukal
Local High School Star
 
Asukal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,388
Asukal has decent reputationAsukal has decent reputation
Default Re: Michael Jordan : The Legend Of The Greatest

These Kobe stans just can't accept the existence of MJ. There would be no Kobe if MJ didn't exist, his style reflects that of MJ just not as good but still great nonetheless.
Asukal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #117
f0und
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 959
f0und has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Michael Jordan : The Legend Of The Greatest

that first hour alone shows you MJ was head and shoulders above kobe and bron. the hangtime, the midair improv, the touch around the rim, the fearlessness. unmatched by anyone.
f0und is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #118
f0und
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 959
f0und has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Michael Jordan : The Legend Of The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asukal
These Kobe stans just can't accept the existence of MJ. There would be no Kobe if MJ didn't exist, his style reflects that of MJ just not as good but still great nonetheless.


i bet these kobe kids are afraid to watch the video. afraid that it will reveal the truth. kinda reminds me of what Morpheus said in the Matrix.

"You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it."
f0und is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:02 AM   #119
Dro
College star
 
Dro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Naptown aka Indianapolis
Posts: 4,141
Dro has decent reputationDro has decent reputation
Default Re: Michael Jordan : The Legend Of The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0und
i bet these kobe kids are afraid to watch the video. afraid that it will reveal the truth. kinda reminds me of what Morpheus said in the Matrix.

"You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it."
Just watched this again yesterday. I was thinking the same thing...Crazy...
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #120
Dro
College star
 
Dro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Naptown aka Indianapolis
Posts: 4,141
Dro has decent reputationDro has decent reputation
Default Re: Michael Jordan : The Legend Of The Greatest

bump for the 50th...late....
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:18 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy