Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #91
Dro
College star

Dro has decent reputationDro has decent reputation
Default Re: Michael Jordan : The Legend Of The Greatest

Haha Jim King...and I think I watched all 4 hours of this one sitting ONCE...Other than that, I just throw it on from time to time and let it play while I watch TV on the other television. I keep bumping it just so it gets out there because all these other MJ vids people are posting are all basically in this one video...
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #92
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
who watches all 4 hours!?

I've seen this in pieces, not sat through more than 30 minutes at a time.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #93
Dro
College star

Plus, there's so many highlights on here, its like I'm always watching something new even though I've seen them all now..Its so long, I still don't remember the order of the highlights so its still fun to watch...
Old 01-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #94
Dro
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro
Haha Jim King...and I think I watched all 4 hours of this one sitting ONCE...Other than that, I just throw it on from time to time and let it play while I watch TV on the other television. I keep bumping it just so it gets out there because all these other MJ vids people are posting are all basically in this one video...
This.....
Old 02-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #95
Dro
College star

bump for those who appreciate greatness and like to be entertained...
Old 02-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #96
OldSchoolBBall
NBA rookie of the year

OldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation here

Didn't wanna make a thread for it, and didn't know where else to put it. Not in the video in the OP, but this is a DISGUSTING fake spin by Jordan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTsWsMraVY4#t=6m23
OldSchoolBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #97
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
Didn't wanna make a thread for it, and didn't know where else to put it. Not in the video in the OP, but this is a DISGUSTING fake spin by Jordan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTsWsMraVY4#t=6m23

It was a travel and that's why the fake move tricked the denfender. You cannot pull a spin like that.

Look at his pivot foot. It was on the forehead of the Bull's logo. When he did that spin, he shifted his pivot foot, that's why the defender thought he was going to spin.

His pivot foot ended up off the bull logo.

9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #98
OldSchoolBBall
NBA rookie of the year

OldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
It was a travel and that's why the fake move tricked the denfender. You cannot pull a spin like that.

Look at his pivot foot. It was on the forehead of the Bull's logo. When he did that spin, he shifted his pivot foot, that's why the defender thought he was going to spin.

His pivot foot ended up off the bull logo.

You're an idiot. It was technically a very slight travel, but good luck having a ref notice a 3-4" slide of the pivot foot at that speed on a spin in real time. Every player today gets away with WAY worse. Stop hating.
OldSchoolBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #99
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I've seen this in pieces, not sat through more than 30 minutes at a time.

Yeah right. I'm sure you burned this to a DVD and played it on repeat until your DVD player burst into flames from excessive usage.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #100
Dro
College star

Quote:
You're an idiot. It was technically a very slight travel, but good luck having a ref notice a 3-4" slide of the pivot foot at that speed on a spin in real time. Every player today gets away with WAY worse. Stop hating.
I have dude on ignore...Only reason I saw what he said is cause you quoted him, lol...But anyway, thanks for that clip...you're right, that move wasn't in the clip which is hard to believe...It seems like all his moves are in this video...
Old 02-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #101
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
You could consider a lot of pivot moves as travels, not just in the NBA. But I mean you'd have to be ridiculously technical and strict, and would be removing a lot of beauty from the game.

To me it's not a big deal if the movement is small, and is caused by either contact from a defender (or in this case multiple) or if it's so fast when executed it doesn't need to be called. Which is the case here as well. His pivot foot slid more so than it was illegally used, or picked up and re-positioned. Sliding on pivots happens all the time. That is one hell of a nice move.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #102
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
You could consider a lot of pivot moves as travels, not just in the NBA. But I mean you'd have to be ridiculously technical and strict, and would be removing a lot of beauty from the game.

To me it's not a big deal if the movement is small, and is caused by either contact from a defender (or in this case multiple) or if it's so fast when executed it doesn't need to be called. Which is the case here as well. His pivot foot slid more so than it was illegally used, or picked up and re-positioned. Sliding on pivots happens all the time. That is one hell of a nice move.

It's illegal and I don't consider it a "move."

The reason why the defender bit so hard on that was because MJ didn't just spin. The pivot didn't just slide it was lifted off the ground.

Lifting of the pivot caused the "bite" of the play by the defender.

Let's say the defender doesn't bite on the move if MJ did it legally.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #103
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
It's illegal and I don't consider it a "move."
What are your thoughts on this BEAUTIFUL "move"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flJbTCY4_YA

That's not sarcasm, either. I love this move. MJ used to do it too on step backs, but without the step through.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #104
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
What are your thoughts on this BEAUTIFUL "move"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flJbTCY4_YA

That's not sarcasm, either. I love this move. MJ used to do it too on step backs, but without the step through.
That was a clear travel. He blatantly changed pivots on this one. But you know since Kobe did it, it's all good.

It was a great move though.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #105
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide2keva
That was a clear travel. He blatantly changed pivots on this one. But you know since Kobe did it, it's all good.

It was a great move though.
I agree. It's a blatant travel, especially in replay and not in real time.

But in real time, this would be hardly noticeable. Now, compare it to OldSchool's pointed out move from Jordan.

MJ's move was even faster, and he slid his foot as opposed to picking up and CHANGING pivot feet. Yet that's the one kid has a problem with and posts a huge rant on.

BTW, he still hasn't commented. Both moves are technical travels, but minute movement in the speed of a professional game, you don't call these travels. But sincerely, that move by Kobe is gorgeous.

A disgusting travel is this ... both feet planted on a jump shot, shuffling feet, changing pivot feet, all while stationary (not moving like MJ or Kobe on a pivot) and not getting called and then hitting a game winner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isaG03BHx54
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: