Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #16
jlauber
3-time NBA All-Star

jlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Michael Jordan : The Legend Of The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punpun
If I remenber correctly, before retiring, he got 55 points scored on him.

Yeah...that was the REAL MJ. A 38 year old MJ that was just a shell of what he had been, and was STILL scoring 23 ppg.

Guys like MJ and Kareem retired, not because they were old, out of shape, and injury-prone, but because the league had passed them by.

The same fate awaits Kobe in the next few years, too. He will still be as athletically gifted as ever, but the rest of the up-and-coming players will be so much better than what he faced 10 years ago.

Does anyone really believe that a PRIME Vince Carter could jump with the players of the current NBA?
jlauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #17
Dro
College star

Dro has decent reputationDro has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
Honestly I would rather watch lebron I've seen nearly all of MJ the GOAT footage but It's nothing new to me. Are you 15 trying to learn about his airness like you've never seen this before ?
Im 32 for your info and i thought i had seen everything MJ too until i saw this. all his usual stuff is here but you have not seen a lot of this footage unless you have a million bulls games reg season and playoffs like this guy has. i just thought the video was so ridiculous that a forum of b ball fans would love it especially those under 20 who seem to have no clue. this thing is likr the best vid ever put up on youtube lol and theres huge thread about kobe being as good as mj..this should end that
discussion altho it was never a discussion to me in the first place
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #18
Punpun
Head Connoisseur

Punpun has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauber
Yeah...that was the REAL MJ. A 38 year old MJ that was just a shell of what he had been, and was STILL scoring 23 ppg.

Guys like MJ and Kareem retired, not because they were old, out of shape, and injury-prone, but because the league had passed them by.

The same fate awaits Kobe in the next few years, too. He will still be as athletically gifted as ever, but the rest of the up-and-coming players will be so much better than what he faced 10 years ago.

Does anyone really believe that a PRIME Vince Carter could jump with the players of the current NBA?

YOU ABSOLUTELY NAILED IT.

Punpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #19
Dro
College star

bump
Old 07-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #20
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linspired
i watched the whole thing in 2 days.

My conclusion

1. MJ is better because he is simply the most skilled player. Bron has absolutely nothing on MJ as far as offensive arsenal goes

2. MJ had an innate ability to get the crowd going. MJ smells the blood like nobody else.

3. those who says Bron is a better passer is flat out wrong. Bron is more willing passer, but MJ's passing ability is so underrated it's not even funny. MJ's court vision is overshadowed by his great offense.

are you really trying to summarise mj's career based off of a 4 hour youtube video?

chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:57 PM   #21
Dro
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
are you really trying to summarise mj's career based off of a 4 hour youtube video?

he didnt summarize his career he made 3 points that we all know anyway...do u guys like the nba? even the biggest hater cant hate on this video
Old 07-01-2012, 11:59 PM   #22
Vertical-24
Hollywood

Vertical-24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LelBron

^^^^ I friggin love this guy

Please stick around...please.
Vertical-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:34 AM   #23
Dro
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical-24
^^^^ I friggin love this guy

Please stick around...please.
3 page thread right now about his 69 point game when its right here in this vid along with tons of full footage from his other great games mixed in with all the crazy highlights..dude coulda really got paid off this but upped it to youtube damn
Old 07-02-2012, 04:01 AM   #24
sekachu
Great young streetballer

sekachu has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

What is the different betwwen Vince Carter and Blake griffin dunK?

Prime Vince Carter would jump out of the gym today
sekachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:25 AM   #25
Linspired
Great young streetballer

Linspired has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

one correction jordan was 40, not 38. that game was on march 28th 2003. and that 40 year old was 10/20 fg and scored 23pts. not bad for a grandpa
Linspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:29 AM   #26
Linspired
Great young streetballer

Linspired has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93

i've watched every Michael jordan game since 1986 season.

scoring 43pts as a 40 year old > flu game

Linspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:32 AM   #27
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linspired

one correction jordan was 40, not 38. that game was on march 28th 2003. and that 40 year old was 10/20 fg and scored 23pts. not bad for a grandpa

Wasn't Stackhouse the primary defender on Bryant in that game?
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:33 AM   #28
I LUV KOBE
Banned

I LUV KOBE has an OK reputation so far

This dude is pretty good, it almost remind me of young Kobe..
I LUV KOBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:39 AM   #29
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here

Why is there no sourness to the legend? I mean EVERYONE has labled Isiah Thomas as a ass...yet Michael Jordan has committed more acts and treated people like SHIT more than Isiah did. So we glorify him as an athlete, right? Well I say F.UCK YOU, Michael Jordan. You are a c.unt as a human being and THAT IS WHAT SHOULD BE REMEMBERED! Not the points you scored, you f.ucking bitch!
Smoke117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:40 AM   #30
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
Why is there no sourness to the legend? I mean EVERYONE has labled Isiah Thoma as a ****...yet Michael Jordan has committed more acts and treated people like SHIT more than Isiah did. So we glorify him as an athlete, right? Well I say F.UCK YOU, Michael Jordan. You are a **** as a human being and THAT IS WHAT SHOULD BE REMEMBERED! Not the points you scored, you f.ucking bitch!

You sound like a twelve year old.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: