Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #211
Young X
Great college starter

Young X is considered somewhat coolYoung X is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Michael Jordan : The Legend Of The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
Hakeem Olajuwon is definitely touching that.
Which Hakeem run is better than Jordan's '90 or '91 run? What about the rest of his career?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
Go watch historic games with dominant big men and pay attention to how many offensive players avoid driving to the paint or are forced to alter their shots - let alone get their otherwise high % inside shots blocked - when a dominant big man is in a game the entire landscape of the game changes. Inside drives and shots come at the risk of easy rebounds/blocks/outlet passes to fast break points for the other team. Calling a dominant big man's presence both on or off a stat sheet a "myth" is incredibly naive.
I'm not saying a big man's prescence on the floor a myth, I'm saying the notion that big men have more impact than players like Jordan or Lebron is a myth because there's no evidence that shows it - it's all subjective.

Also you're mainly focusing on defense, what about offense? What about the fact that the best offensive teams of all time were led by guards? What about ball-handling, efficiency, shooting, playmaking?
Young X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #212
madmax
Decent college freshman

madmax has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesk
True, and it's too bad we'll never know how the championship Bulls would have fared against those Celtic and Laker teams.

Anyway, point was that Jordan's teams were winning six titles without a good center, while teams that had good to great centers weren't in the 90s. Except Hakeem, and Jordan was gone for a good chunk of that.

Having a good to great center is a really nice piece, but enough teams (Detroit, Chicago and Miami) have won multiple titles without one to say that it's not necessary. So I question just how much more valuable a good big is than a good perimiter player. And no, Bosh is not a real center.

That being said, Grant and Rodman were critical to the Jordan's title runs, so maybe having one good PF or C who can play defense and rebound is necessary. Although I'm not sure who that is with Miami.

actually, we know who that guy is...his name is Lebron James and he is team's best scorer and passer too Something that can't be said about truly stacked 90's Bulls, where Jordam could only care about scoring and playing defense occasionally
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #213
Dro
College star

Dro has decent reputationDro has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaeh
Dammit, Cavs!! You "Bumped it again.............

Don't feel bad Cavs. Jordan's game was just that good.
Oh no!!!! 2 bumps a month!!! 30-31 days in a month and hes mad that I bump it twice a month. And he's too stupid to know what an average is. See, like today, I've bumped it a ton, which could make the average go up. Also too stupid to see that others are bumping it also. But I've gone months without bumping it at all, like I did for several months after the initial buzz died down. And just because a thread falls off the first page or 2nd, or 3rd doesn't mean nobody cares. If it did, this thread wouldn't have 15 pages or whatever, with people still commenting and contributing to it, and enjoying the video which is why I posted it in the first place but he's too stupid to realize that. Good threads fall all the time because there's a million people making new threads everyday and trolls like him constantly start stupid azz trolling threads. This is obvious to a child, let alone a grown man. He's so bitter, its hilarious and now I'm purposely bumping it all the time just because he's so petty

Last edited by Dro : 07-09-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #214
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young X
Which Hakeem run is better than Jordan's '90 or '91 run?

Hakeem's 94 and 95 runs can definitely be considered better.

Quote:
What about the rest of his career?

This isn't a career debate, since I believe in your post you referring to production, so this is a player debate. Nobody can say that Hakeem was greater than Jordan in terms of their career. But if were just talking about playing and what they did on the court ? It's certainly a lot more closer. He might have not won titles in his other year but he certainly maintained a high level in the majority of his playoff runs.

If I would still pick, I'm taking Jordan, but Hakeem is definitely a guy who can match his impact.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:53 PM   #215
diamenz
Good High School Starter

diamenz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
actually, we know who that guy is...his name is Lebron James and he is team's best scorer and passer too Something that can't be said about truly stacked 90's Bulls, where Jordam could only care about scoring and playing defense occasionally

you're such a linear thinker - when you get older you'll be able to see the big picture. jordan's job was to score - it wasn't to iso for ten seconds or run through a myraid of picks and then make a pass to a three point option or hope for a foul/flop like your boy lebron. two different teams, two different playbooks. forget 96-98, fluck 'em; but i'd love to hear from you how the first three-peat bulls were stacked.

cavs is right - jordan did play some scrubs, but when he did, he had games like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I02nM39n2RY

you silly wankers with agendas seem to think he wouldn't get it done in today's watered down era. ya, i said it - watered the **** down without inside presence. it's weak - it's a athletic clusterfluck full of young, entitled punks.
diamenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #216
Dro
College star

Opening post has been updated with an updated version of the video that includes Wizards highlights and some more Bulls highlights...Enjoy!
Old 08-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #217
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix has not been impressing people

Jordan missed a shot only 1 time. It was a foul, but they didn't call it.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #218
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Does anyone know what happened to Punpun? He used to be very active on this forum but doesn't post here anymore.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #219
K Xerxes
Greatest

K Xerxes is considered somewhat coolK Xerxes is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix

Stop straw manning literally every discussion about MJ. Just because people call him the greatest does not mean they think he made every shot or was perfect. And it has apparently become impossible to celebrate MJ without jealous stans.

The amount of salt in your veins is both embarrassing and pathetic.
K Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #220
SamuraiSWISH
Samurai Swoosh

SamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected posterSamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected posterSamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Woe is a LeBron stan

SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #221
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Xerxes
Stop straw manning literally every discussion about MJ. Just because people call him the greatest does not mean they think he made every shot or was perfect. And it has apparently become impossible to celebrate MJ without jealous stans.

The amount of salt in your veins is both embarrassing and pathetic.
What salt? I've always said he's one of the best ever and the undisputed best of a particular timespan? What more do you want?
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #222
Dro
College star

Quote:
What salt? I've always said he's one of the best ever and the undisputed best of a particular timespan? What more do you want?
You must bow down and now consider him your favorite player
Old 10-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #223
Dro
College star

Ok, been a month and a half..Time for a bump!!
Old 11-29-2013, 07:51 PM   #224
Dro
College star

Almost 2 months since I last viewed this thread...nice...
Old 03-25-2014, 01:19 PM   #225
Dro
College star

bump...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: