Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Inside the Cavaliers's Draft War Room

Editor's note: ESPN.com writer Brian Windhorst was embedded with the Cavaliers on draft day. With four picks in the top 34, the Cavs were in one of the most intriguing positions in the draft. They did not disappoint, making what many considered the surprise pick of the first round and then executing the biggest trade of the night. This is how it all happened behind the scenes.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...valiers-scenes
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Inside the Cavaliers's Draft War Room

If Waiters pans out to be the perfect running mate for Irving...
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
If Waiters pans out to be the perfect running mate for Irving...
We'll see...a lot of teams closed the door on him for two reasons. He didn't workout at the combine and he came off the bench his two years in college. Neither of these things don't mean he'll work out.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool

it soungs like they know somthing....

you just don't take that kinda risk without a reason.

byron saying we got a steal and he will turn that kid into a player.
gilbert be 100% on board.

boheiem saying no one in the nba but russell westbrook can guard the kid... well we'll see.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cavs had the second best draft to me. Taking Waiters and bypassing the quantity and going for quality with Tyler Zeller. Damn that team has something to work with.

Irving
Waiters
Gee
Thompson
Zeller

Youth movement. If Waiters can be that All Star caliber complimentary player to Irving the franchise? Look out.

Houston was first to me though.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Can he guard defense?

Players picking Syracuse with that horrible zone only system, it's just stupid.
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #7
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Cavs had the second best draft to me. Taking Waiters and bypassing the quantity and going for quality with Tyler Zeller. Damn that team has something to work with.

Irving
Waiters
Gee
Thompson
Zeller

Youth movement. If Waiters can be that All Star caliber complimentary player to Irving the franchise? Look out.

Houston was first to me though.
Yea, if Waiters hits, man oh man, watch out.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #8
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm sort of surprised the Cavs gave that kind of access to Windy, especially since neither Chris Grant nor Byron Scott was in place when Windhorst was the Cavs beat writer. It was a totally different front office... Isn't like they have a long history together.

I'm thinking maybe the Cavs realized that picking Waiters would result in some question marks from their fans and they thought that this kind of article, which basically goes through their decision making process, was appropriate and would help alleviate some of the pressure coming from outside the franchise.

I'm on-board with Waiters. I wanted either MKG or Beal, but neither were there and I absolutely didn't want Barnes or Robinson. Waiters made sense.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #9
sixer6ad
Local High School Star

sixer6ad has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I'm sort of surprised the Cavs gave that kind of access to Windy, especially since neither Chris Grant nor Byron Scott was in place when Windhorst was the Cavs beat writer. It was a totally different front office... Isn't like they have a long history together.

I'm thinking maybe the Cavs realized that picking Waiters would result in some question marks from their fans and they thought that this kind of article, which basically goes through their decision making process, was appropriate and would help alleviate some of the pressure coming from outside the franchise.

I'm on-board with Waiters. I wanted either MKG or Beal, but neither were there and I absolutely didn't want Barnes or Robinson. Waiters made sense.

For right now, I'm on board with Grant as GM. In his last four picks, he has drafted the NBA Rookie of the Year - Point Guard, a slashing 2 guard who can run, a 4 Man with high energy, and a 7 footer who was the ACC player of the Year AND who ran with the highest scoring team in college basketball. Alonzo Gee at Small Forward is an absolutely sick athlete, but that position will remain wide open until LBJ returns.

Grant got rid of BDiddy and has created 23 million dollars in cap space and at the same time at least provided direction. He's doing a good job.
sixer6ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #10
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixer6ad
For right now, I'm on board with Grant as GM. In his last four picks, he has drafted the NBA Rookie of the Year - Point Guard, a slashing 2 guard who can run, a 4 Man with high energy, and a 7 footer who was the ACC player of the Year AND who ran with the highest scoring team in college basketball. Alonzo Gee at Small Forward is an absolutely sick athlete, but that position will remain wide open until LBJ returns.

Grant got rid of BDiddy and has created 23 million dollars in cap space and at the same time at least provided direction. He's doing a good job.
Get in the real world, my friend. Absolute silliness.

As for Grant, we'll see. A lot of his success has been in large part due to Gilbert's willingness to spend whatever it takes to improve the team. A lot of GMs would thrive in that environment. I'm not going to give him many kudos for picking Kyrie, as it was an obvious choice regardless of what people around here were saying at the time. I'm definitely good with the Zeller move.

At the end of the day, Grant's legacy thus far will come down to his two No. 4 picks... Tristan and Dion. How those guys pan out will decide whether or not he is the long-term GM of this franchise.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 06-29-2012 at 06:33 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: