Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #16
RRR3
Where the White Women?

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Toronto Biggest Loser of the Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
If you are counting on players like Bargnani and Derozan to be building blocks of your franchise, your team has some serious issues. The fact that the Raptors were clearly drafting based on need and took an SG is a sign of what they think of Derozan now.

As for Bargnani? Well...

RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #17
clipse
I brick open layups

clipse has an OK reputation so far

Ross was pegged as their guy and didn't want to risk him being off the board, simple as that. This is one part in the grand scheme, and I personally don't mind. Raps fans can't stand players like Bargs, Jose, and DD because they are not 2-way players. Now they draft one, don't give him a chance and he's a bust? We have no idea how this pans out. I will be the 1st to say I was disappointed we didn't take Rivers, but in all honesty, Ross is bigger, shoots equally well, and is an active defender who does not constantly need the ball to be effective.

As for Drummond, yes, if he reaches his potential, then we blew it. But TO is not the right situation for Drummond with Val coming over. How can you develop either player if they cannot get game-time minutes? Bigs need time, especially since he is so raw. The raps didn't want to make a mistake and went safe. So what. If he ends up being J-Rich 2.0 or Thabo with an offensive game (he's compared to Nick Young on draft express which is not accurate since he rebounds and defends), that's a solid piece moving forward.
clipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #18
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

I don't mind Ross especially if Nash comes to TO. He is a good shooter and yes, we did pass on Drummond (which I wasn't happy about), but I feel Ross was the right pick.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #19
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

Knicks were the biggest loser.
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #20
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think I'm the only left on the bargs bandwagon.

Oh well!

RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #21
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
I don't mind Ross especially if Nash comes to TO. He is a good shooter and yes, we did pass on Drummond (which I wasn't happy about), but I feel Ross was the right pick.
I like the pick as well, ross is gonna be a baller
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #22
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If Steve Nash chooses to become a Raptor, he needs one low post scorer/rebounder (Valenciunas) and three other shooters (Bargnani, Derozan?, Ross?) for his system. It seems to work quite well with Gortat and Frye. It could work even better with Val and Bargs too.

Ross should be okay.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: