Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #31
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Beal vs Waiters

As Waiters stated post-draft he was a top 15 recruit and everything had been handed to him all his life. He "never had to work for anything" he has repeatedly stated the Boeheim teaching him how to work to be great had a huge effect on him. He has said all his coach headbutting was a result of believing he deserved more because he was immature. He entered syracuse a boy and left a man. Or at least that's his favorite signing off phrase for interviews.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #32
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
As Waiters stated post-draft he was a top 15 recruit and everything had been handed to him all his life.

Really? I didn't think he was that highly touted of a prospect coming outta high school. I'm not positive but didn't think he was ranked in the top 15 going into college. Pretty sure Rivals had him near 30

Not that he wasn't a 5 star prospect but clearly didn't have everything handed to him or didn't have to work.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #33
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Really? I didn't think he was that highly touted of a prospect coming outta high school. I'm not positive but didn't think he was ranked in the top 15 going into college. Pretty sure Rivals had him near 30

Not that he wasn't a 5 star prospect but clearly didn't have everything handed to him or didn't have to work.

Well idk he said top 15 in his interview so that's what I used I didn't follow college until this year because I've always preferred the Pros so I'll have to check what his ranking was.

Edit: 15 on ESPN 29 on Rivals

Last edited by KyrieTheFuture : 06-29-2012 at 08:28 PM.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #34
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan

Waiters was top 15 pretty much up until his senior year. Waiters committed to Syracuse during his sophomore year. When his senior came and he decided not to reopen his recruitment all of a sudden guys that were not better than him started moving up the board when he just sat there.

As ridiculously tough as his personal life was Waiters has in fact had everything handed to him when it comes to basketball. He didn't play basketball his freshman year in high school but dominated a Syracuse basketball camp and was given a private school scholarship.

Last edited by Da KO King : 06-29-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #35
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Waiters was top 15 pretty much up until his senior year. Waiters committed to Syracuse during his sophomore year. When his senior came and he decided not to reopen his recruitment all of a sudden guys that were not better than him started moving up the board when he just sat there.

As ridiculously tough as his personal life was Waiters has in fact had everything handed to him when it comes to basketball. He didn't play basketball his freshman year in high school but dominated a Syracuse basketball camp and was given a private school scholarship.

Good to know. I honestly didn't know just whatever I read his final year he seemed ranked outside the top 15 in most places. Didn't strike me as everything came easy.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #36
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVm57...e_gdata_player

This alone exceeds anything I've seen from Beal on tape. Tremendous change of direction skills with ability to pull up from anywhere. He can go both directions seamlessly and has a buttery smooth stroke off the bounce and in catch and shoot situations.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #37
cavsfanatic
Local High School Star

cavsfanatic has an OK reputation so far

I was estatic with the pick after Beal and MKG were gone. Waiters reminds me of Monta more than Wade though. He get's to the rack whenever he wants
cavsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #38
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

Beal >> Waiters

sry cavs fans we got your guy
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:29 PM   #39
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You didnt see either player in college. Why are you typing like you did? Did you know what Beal did the last 12gms of his college career? Go check those stats. How many lottery picks have there been where the player came off the bench? Marvin Williams comes to mind.

Note, I'm not here to say Beal > Waiters. I like the Waiters pick, but why am I reading your posts like you think you have a clue. All this he was better this, that and the third. And the fact of the matter is you didnt see either play much in college last season. You need to slow down. I know you're a Cavs fan but dont go around being a fake fanboy of a player.

Other Cavs fans like Meticode, chips, RBA speak arent doing that. Take notes.

how are you gonna say i didnt see either player?

i live in the south were SEC sports is everthing... televised everything.

i watched beal alot, and also saw him choke against louisville

can't say i saw that many syracuse game, but i did see some.
seen tons of highlights and like what i see.

gets to the hole way better than beal, has a deadly step back.

good ball handling good three point shooting... im just saying that alot of hype was over beal's rebounding well i can deal without having a rebounding shooting guard.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:31 AM   #40
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPWOJrXJeqg

Reporter " Do you believe your the best guard in your estimate in the tournament?" Waiters "Yeah" Reporter "Now I said the best guard" Waiters "Yeah" Reporter " then whos second?" Waiters "Whoever"
Old 06-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #41
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Waiters will be better than Barnes but not Beal.

I was actually alright with the pick the Cavs made. I wanted the Cavs to avoid Barnes and they did.

The biggest skeptical of Waiters is how he wasn't even a starter in College and the last star lottery drafted bench player in College (i.e. last one to come to mind) was Marvin Williams who is clearly a bust. Williams is a decent role player though but he surely was not worth a lottery pick.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:52 AM   #42
raprap
Local High School Star

raprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected poster

Wall/Beal vs Irving/Waiters

Waiters will have a good career, saw some of his games. Very explosive slasher and his motor is amazing. I can see him as a borderline allstar. Beal will help the wizards in making the playoffs this coming season.
raprap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #43
raprap
Local High School Star

raprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
Waiters will be better than Barnes but not Beal.

I was actually alright with the pick the Cavs made. I wanted the Cavs to avoid Barnes and they did.

The biggest skeptical of Waiters is how he wasn't even a starter in College and the last star lottery drafted bench player in College (i.e. last one to come to mind) was Marvin Williams who is clearly a bust. Williams is a decent role player though but he surely was not worth a lottery pick.
Waiters was playing starter minutes though. He played about 28 a game? Correct me if I'm wrong. 28 is decent. I think Waiters' game will translate better in the NBA.
raprap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:02 AM   #44
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raprap
Waiters was playing starter minutes though. He played about 28 a game? Correct me if I'm wrong. 28 is decent. I think Waiters' game will translate better in the NBA.

only played 24 minutes a game.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:05 AM   #45
DurantFor40
Banned

DurantFor40 is a pretty well-respected posterDurantFor40 is a pretty well-respected posterDurantFor40 is a pretty well-respected posterDurantFor40 is a pretty well-respected poster

I wouldnt trade harden for BOTH Beal and Waiters. thats what I think of these two scrubs. This was truly a weak draft. Anthony Davis was the main attraction? LOL have fun with Mr Davis averaging 8 points, 1 block, and 5 rebounds a game for his career.
DurantFor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: